You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

The Pall (Part 5)

6 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
8,073 posts

Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part4

Earlier, we spoke of how the Snargfargle had once used the Staff of Ages to defeat an army. This was millennia ago, when the North American continent had been home to a great civilization, highly advanced in the arts, philosophy, and sciences. However, one year a rift had opened off the west coast of the continent and through it poured an immense horde of strange creatures. These creatures appeared as a motley assortment of beasts from the depths of nightmare, though they were all of the same species, only having different forms due to the machinations of their bio-wizards. The humans named the forms based on their own mythology. @The_first_harbinger's of doom were the stealthy @Shadowrigger1, which spread out as advanced scouts. Deadly in their own right, the Shadowrigger were followed by the even more fearsome @zFireWyvern and the strange @Erebthoron. FInally came the leaders and wizards of the horde, the @Koschka and the @Kraayt. The horde has no desire to interact with humanity other than to destroy it, for they wanted the Earth for themselves. 

The human inhabitants of the continent and the Snargfargle stood against the hordes of darkness for a thousand years, fighting innumerable battles from one coast of the continent to the other and then back again. The hordes were immensely powerful and, although the humans were too, they were slowly pushed back. Everywhere the hordes went they left chaos and destruction in their wake. Finally, the only untouched area of the great landmass was a few thousand acres of ancient forest near the coast where the rift itself had opened. Why the hordes had not already decimated this area was a mystery to the humans. Perhaps it had been protected in some way.

Of course, we now know what the Snargfargle and the inhabitants of the continent did not, that above the forest hovered a cloaked @Alien_Observer starship. The wizards of the horde could detect that something was there but could not locate it. The horde had therefore, for the most part, left the area alone because they wanted nothing to do with beings of advanced technology. However, since said beings seemed only to watch, and never to act, the hordes felt free to ravish the rest of the land. There was also another reason why the hordes had left this part of the ancient forest alone; a reason which we will discover shortly.

One misty morning, from the depths of the forest where the Snargfargle and the last remaining humans had gathered to fight their last stand, emerged a creature of myth. The weary warriors rose to attack this new monstrosity but the Snargfargle stayed their hand. He knew that this was no denizen of an alien horde. This was a creature that was more myth than legend even an aeon ago, when he had been a proto-human living on raw meat and whatever other edible things he could hunt or gather. The Snargfargle had only seen one of these creatures before and thought them long extinct, though he suspected that their numbers had once been great, as evidenced by the fossilized bones that he occasionally found jutting from a rock outcropping. This was the last remaining member of a species that had developed an eldritch intelligence in a time when mankind's ancestors were little more than squirrel-like creatures scampering in the trees. The Snargfargle could sense that this ancient “dragon,” the @HazardDrake, wanted to convey a message. However, even with the help of the Staff of Ages he could barely understand what the message was, so different was its mind from the mind of Man.

Finally, the Snargfargle pieced together that this creature knew of the location of a crystalline boulder that had fallen from the skies and split apart in an ancient time before humans had first set foot on the continent. The Snargfargle had seen many meteors fall from the sky in his long life and had investigated more than a few. He knew that, though most meteorites were simply iron-rich rocks, that one in a great many was something else. He had discovered the Staff of Ages in the hollow core of one such meteorite. If a fallen rock could impress a being of myth such as a Hazard Drake then it was well worth investigating.

The Snargfargle and a few still-wary warriors and scientists followed the Hazard Drake into the forest until they came upon a deep, overgrown, crater. At the bottom of the crater was what appeared to be a gigantic geode, its interior sparkling with scintillating, glowing crystals. As the Snargfargle approached the meteorite with the Staff of Ages these crystals began to emit a high-pitched whine and glow with an even brighter yellow light. This was why the Hazard Drake had approached the humans in the first place, for he had watched his prized crystals glow each time the Snargfargle had journeyed through the forest, though to a much lesser extent than they were doing now. The Hazard Drake had been fighting its own millennia-long war to keep the denizens of the horde from entering its forest, which was the other reason why they now left it alone. It had been observing the Snargfargle and his staff for thousands of years and well knew of its power. If the staff and the crystals were somehow linked then perhaps the humans could use them to assist it in its fight.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
3,514 posts
6,141 battles

"Heed! Lowly humans, to the beginning of the Götterdämmerung!

I, The_first_harbinger is here to deliver the message of the supreme beings...

The trinket you snatched within your meekly grasp will not save you.  

Bless your children, bid your wife farewell,

For I will come to declare, not war,

But your death!"

Edited by The_first_harbinger
  • Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,760 posts
7,280 battles

Well Snarg it would appear that it is time for me to send my messengers to all packs across the realm and into the wasteland. We will gather our finest warrior dogs to assist the great Snarg and mythical HazardDrake against the denizons of the horde.

[ADR]
Members
872 posts
6,107 battles

I didn't even know anyone on here knew my name, late along take out the time to add me to a story. :Smile_teethhappy:

[CVA16]
Members
2,760 posts
7,280 battles
On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 1:30 PM, Koschka said:

I didn't even know anyone on here knew my name, late along take out the time to add me to a story. :Smile_teethhappy:

Great Snarg sees, knows all.

th?id=OIP.RtGeszUb-yjGTAhAJ1YJnwD0D_&pid