Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
legozer

MM whingeing and whining

41 comments in this topic

[TASH]
Beta Testers
25 posts
3,564 battles
9 minutes ago, Carrier_Lexington said:

Fun Fact: if you wait for 3-6 minutes after a bad match before pressing the "Battle On" button, you are less-likely to see the players you just saw in your next match. Why? If you press the "Battle On" button within 2 minutes after the match ends, you are pretty-much unintentionally sync-dropping with 70% of players in the battle, because most players will spend a minute or two looking over the post battle results and then just click the "Battle-On" button.

Also, divisions can bork MM,  but there's no real way to fix that until the server pop gets much higher.

yea... I told me something same way to be calm myself into next game and next day.... but that's not fun....

Edited by nekopoi

[LWA]
Members
678 posts
10,020 battles

It is not that MM is broken (given that the main objective of MM is for the shortest wait times possible), but that MM could be much better.

I and a few others have been preaching this for a while now.  MM needs to be adaptive for the amount of players available.....simple as that.  An "adaptive" MM as we all can now call it.  When there is over 15,000 players, we should not be playing against ships two tiers apart, it should be at one tier difference, and the wait times won't be much longer.  Right now when the WoWs populace is over 15,000 (and it has been a lot lately), MM takes a mere second or two to place you into a game.  Once chosen for a game, your time, your precious time, is now committed into this rushed match making that can take up to 20 minutes.  I would like a better, quality game that I am about to commit 20 minutes of my (real) life towards.  If it requires waiting a minute or two in the que to get such a quality return of my time, then I am willing to pay that cost.  When the populace is low, say like less than 8,000 players, then the MM could resort back to the +2/-2 tier difference.  You have to remember that this -1/+1 match making is already being done regardless of player population for tier IV and below.  The "Get gud" saying is not an acceptable answer on this topic, and those whom spew that quote are stuck in a paradigm.  Maybe this why we have so many AFKs?  The player sees that the match is not to their liking and instead of being at a loathly bottom tier,  they go spend 20 minutes doing something else they deem more worthy of their time.

Match maker could be better, a lot better.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
292 posts
11,003 battles
4 hours ago, HyperFish said:

The only time people DON'T whine about MM is when they are top tier, and unless you're tier X that's seemingly rare.

As a rule I NEVER whine. Sure I will talk in game to my teammates if they lemming/hide/head to back of map or in general cap 1 cap and camp. Whats the point in whining? Solves nothing, shows that you are a melty snowflake and generally ticks off everyone over the age of 25. I can usually tell in the first minute after spawn, during deployment, whether we will win or not. I strive to do my best, carry has hard as possible, get as much damage while staying alive to try and pull a wabbit outta the hat like old Bullwinkle tried to do. While I have only managed 1 Solo warrior, I've been close a few times. But I DETEST whiney snowflakes that bottom tier in and start to bemoan MM as soon as they load in, or start to state for the record, (We are gonna lose). Plus the short bus riders that die in the first 30 seconds-1 minute and announce to the world that the team suks and it's everyone elses fault. I submit that there is a new levels in Dante's Inferno,, the perpetual melting level #8 where everyone is a snowflake,gets perpetually under tiered and melts into a puddle of beer for the cool wargamers on level #9, whom all drive top tiered ships as they sips the precious beer and plays the precious ships.

Members
21,801 posts
5,717 battles
8 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

I think it is a cycle. The players you want to stay get fed up with MM and leave.

True. (although I want everyone to stay) I can't really speak to the frustration of tiering up through T5&6, as I'm past it in most of the lines.

My first few runs at it, although MM was +/-3, there was a more even distribution of top/middle/bottom.

T3&4 were tough without protected MM, to be sure, but they went by pretty quick, even on a free account. (although getting past Myogi was a great weight lifted, and I ponied up free XP after a few games to skip the pre-buff Karlsruhe)

Edited by Skpstr

[WOLF7]
Members
11,194 posts
27 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

True. (although I want everyone to stay) I can't really speak to the frustration of tiering up through T5&6, as I'm past it in most of the lines.

My first few runs at it, although MM was +/-3, there was a more even distribution of top/middle/bottom.

T3&4 were tough without protected MM, to be sure, but they went by pretty quick, even on a free account. (although getting past Myogi was a great weight lifted, and I ponied up free XP after a few games to skip the pre-buff Karlsruhe)

Player base was better a year ago Skpstr. The devolution of the players is making the mm what it is....

And no matter how much they try, WG can't change the players....:cap_hmm:

Spoiler

pvOLQxH.png

t6D4FuD.png

kOzdht1.png

Members
21,801 posts
5,717 battles
12 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Player base was better a year ago Skpstr. The devolution of the players is making the mm what it is....

And no matter how much they try, WG can't change the players....:cap_hmm:

Hide contents

True, first year or so of this type of game is usually the best in terms of players.

Beta Testers
385 posts
9,373 battles

As much as I enjoy +2t matches.

I have to realize, and think of those other players that may not be enjoying +2t matches.

Just ad a tick box - "I want more +2t matches" for those guy that enjoy it. And they can enjoy the game even more.

For those who don't want +2t as much ---don't tick the box ---so those players can enjoy the game more. Ya know--- they call it a "compromise".

Think of the player base...i'd be willing bet --- players are not going to quit the game cause they actually saw less +2t matches. I think the game loses more players due to how often +2t happens vs a (possible) slightly longer wait time for anything else. Quality games vs quantity games.

Members
21,801 posts
5,717 battles

Just make it +/-1.

I don't think as many people are against it as for it. (I think most that aren't necessarily for it are ambivalent)

[DOG]
Members
545 posts
6,859 battles

Eh, I'm not so concerned about getting up-tiered, or ending up on a less skilled team vs. a team that knows what they're doing.  That's part of the game.  What gets me is when I get a ship like the Atlanta or Nurnberg with the C hull, I almost never see 2 CVs per team any more.  I gave up half my torps on the Nurnberg just so I could screw with CVs, and now I rarely get the chance.  :cap_rambo:

[STP]
Members
105 posts
10,310 battles

I find funny because everyone that complains about the MM are usually Good to Unicum players, and whoever bashes the MM whiners are bad to average players

Members
2 posts
2,794 battles
14 hours ago, legozer said:

SOOOO ,much whining about MM. "OOOOOO NOOOOO I get bottom tiered and the game gets tooooooo hard, mwaaaa!!!!"

Stop it. Some matches are hard, some are easy. DEAL with it. The free game doesn't owe you a favourable match. The free game owes you nothing.

The matchmaking, overall, is very good and typically (although not always) very balanced. Hell, most of the time a teammate starts a match [edited] on about MM, we nonetheless win in a landslide.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many threads and even MORE posts whingeing and pissing about the MM. JUST STOP IT. Make the best of what you're given or uninstall.

FOR THE RECORD, I couldn't care less about being bottom tier. In fact, I welcome it. Learn to embrace the fact that your powdered little hiney isn't special or different or more valuable than any other: it's just a bare little/huge bum like any other. Go into battle and either get your bum spanked or spank someone else's. OH I HATE BEING T5 CUZ SOMETIMES I SEE MEAN OLD T7s. Sell it and go back to T3. That's how it is at T5, T7, T8.  Deal with it or find a comfy tier that you can dominate at. Spare the rest of us from your grief and nonsense complaints and enjoy never getting out of T4. 

Hey, another thing: you're gonna get crap teams. It happens JUST AS OFTEN AS YOU GET GOOD ONES. Learn to appreciate the good ones, it will take the sting away from getting plunked into the crap ones here and there. The MM doesn't owe you a win: that's on you alone. Sometimes you will be given a team that ABSOLUTELY cannot win. Tough titty! Move on and trust the law of averages, cuz it's an actual thing.

The MM is very good overall. Accept it, or don't, I don't care. Just stop whining about it.

WHAT A HUGE PILE OF HORSE S*HIT ! A FUKER (LEGOZER) WHINING ABOUT WHINERS. DOESN'T GET MORE GAYER THEN THAT! FYI, MM [edited] EVERYONE IN THE A*SS EQUALLY AND WITHOUT DISCRIMINATION. ITS NOT PERFECT, HECK SOME GET A*SS RAMMED MORE THAN OTHERS. ITS PROBABLY GARBAGE OR THE BEST GD S*HIT EVER MADE, BUT NONETHELESS, ITS WHAT EVERYONE THAT ACCEPTS TO PLAY THIS GAME HAS TO "PUT UP WITH". YOU SAY ITS FREE, WELL TELL THAT TO ALL THE FUKERS WHO SPEND A S*HITLOAD OF MONEY AND PAY FOR THE GAMES CREATOR'S/DEV'S HOUSE, CAR, BOOZE, HOOKERS, ETC (FEEL FREE TO ADD). NO ONE FORCED THEM TO PAY, BUT WITHOUT THOSE FUKERS SPENDING MONEY, THE GAME WOULDN'T SURVIVE. SO LET THE WHINERS WHINE AND THE BADASS M*OFOS BRAG UNTIL THEY RUN OUT OF crapTO SAY!

(DROPS THE MIC)

• Boring 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,184 posts
3,895 battles

But "It's too hard" is not something anyone has ever said as part of a complaint about the MM or being bottom tier?

Edited by AraAragami

[DDM_]
Members
1,440 posts
4,266 battles
14 hours ago, legozer said:

SOOOO ,much whining about MM. "OOOOOO NOOOOO I get bottom tiered and the game gets tooooooo hard, mwaaaa!!!!"

Stop it. Some matches are hard, some are easy. DEAL with it. The free game doesn't owe you a favourable match. The free game owes you nothing.

The matchmaking, overall, is very good and typically (although not always) very balanced. Hell, most of the time a teammate starts a match [edited] on about MM, we nonetheless win in a landslide.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many threads and even MORE posts whingeing and pissing about the MM. JUST STOP IT. Make the best of what you're given or uninstall.

FOR THE RECORD, I couldn't care less about being bottom tier. In fact, I welcome it. Learn to embrace the fact that your powdered little hiney isn't special or different or more valuable than any other: it's just a bare little/huge bum like any other. Go into battle and either get your bum spanked or spank someone else's. OH I HATE BEING T5 CUZ SOMETIMES I SEE MEAN OLD T7s. Sell it and go back to T3. That's how it is at T5, T7, T8.  Deal with it or find a comfy tier that you can dominate at. Spare the rest of us from your grief and nonsense complaints and enjoy never getting out of T4. 

Hey, another thing: you're gonna get crap teams. It happens JUST AS OFTEN AS YOU GET GOOD ONES. Learn to appreciate the good ones, it will take the sting away from getting plunked into the crap ones here and there. The MM doesn't owe you a win: that's on you alone. Sometimes you will be given a team that ABSOLUTELY cannot win. Tough titty! Move on and trust the law of averages, cuz it's an actual thing.

The MM is very good overall. Accept it, or don't, I don't care. Just stop whining about it.

That's a REALLY long whine post about other people whining. 

[LWA]
Members
678 posts
10,020 battles
3 hours ago, xLutherx said:

I find funny because everyone that complains about the MM are usually Good to Unicum players, and whoever bashes the MM whiners are bad to average players

You need to remember that there are few "unicum" players compared to the rest of us "average" players.  The masses have spoken.

Sign in to follow this