You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sinboto

Changing currency option

4 comments in this topic

[NDA]
Supertester
3,413 posts
6,762 battles

So, I'm likely going to just send in a report at some point but I figured I would ask to see if there's a simple solution I just missed:

I recently moved back to Bermuda (from england), and was looking on the premium store for something but it keeps on changing the currency from BMD (Bermuda Dollar) to GBP (Pounds) Looked at my account settings but as far as I could tell you can't change your country there. 

Something I'm missing here?

[FACT]
Members
662 posts
9,289 battles
4 hours ago, Sinboto said:

So, I'm likely going to just send in a report at some point but I figured I would ask to see if there's a simple solution I just missed:

I recently moved back to Bermuda (from england), and was looking on the premium store for something but it keeps on changing the currency from BMD (Bermuda Dollar) to GBP (Pounds) Looked at my account settings but as far as I could tell you can't change your country there. 

Something I'm missing here?

Let me know if you get a reasonable answer. I am currently  in south africa on contract (from US). Originally my premium shop account was in USD. Now it is in ZAR (s.a.Rand), which is a Mickey Mouse currency. I did not change it and do not like it. My bank is US based.

[2CUTE]
WoWS Community Contributors, Beta Testers
107 posts
5,904 battles

IIRC, I think you can change your currency if you set your region area to the country/region you reside in the premium shop..? Or it's based on the region that WG recognizes and changes to that currency accordingly.

Though..Take it with a grain of salt. I recalled looking at the prem shop with my account on the Christmas crates when I was in Canada. I was absolutely confused to why the prices of the creates were different from what I remembered. After checking for a bit, it showed me that I was displayed everything in Canadian Currency. After moving back to the US, it changed it back. However, if it shows up for you with BMD, it should be sticking to that instead of GBP based on your region. Like what Wolf suggested, I would send a ticket to the support team.

Good luck with that getting resolved!