You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Winstephere

Rudder shift time

8 comments in this topic

[MOFC]
Members
16 posts
2,111 battles

I just started playing this line not too long ago and so far have been enjoying it. Currently I've just made it to the tier 5 Jianwei and have noticed that her rudder shift time increases by a significant amount when compared to the tier 4 Shenyang. Does this become an issue for the squirmyness of these ships later on when playing against closer DD targets or does she still fair well?

[LODGE]
[LODGE]
Members
2,844 posts
6,387 battles

First line I haven’t modded the rudder for. Fuson is very Anshan-like, but the GM wiggles just fine. Doesn’t kite well due to limited front arcs, and if you plan to sit in all those smokes, you’ll want the propulsion mod for dodging torps.

[MOFC]
Members
16 posts
2,111 battles

I just upgraded the hull and I see that the rudder shift time has gone down a decent bit as well. But good to know

Edited by Winstephere
Didn't need the quote

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,888 posts
5,527 battles

Easiest way to tell what you're in for before you upgrade a ship.  Go into the modules section and even if you don't have the XP to unlock it, click the upgrade you're looking for and check the ship stats on the right hand side of port.  Even without unlocking/buying it, clicking it will give you the new parameters.  This will tell you if the hull upgrade will upgrade the rudder, guns, hit points, AA mounts, etc. 

For instance some of the higher tier USN DD's, the final C hull upgrade.  Clicking on it will show you how they usually lose a turret for better AA capabilities. 

[CUTER]
Members
2,933 posts
12,231 battles

I run propulsion mod on almost every DD.  I think Khaba and Grozovoy are about the only exceptions.

For a DD, being able to get up to speed is critical.  An extra .5 to.75 seconds to shift the rudder is nothing.

[Y0L0]
Members
9,919 posts
14,114 battles
52 minutes ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

I run propulsion mod on almost every DD.  I think Khaba and Grozovoy are about the only exceptions.

For a DD, being able to get up to speed is critical.  An extra .5 to.75 seconds to shift the rudder is nothing.

this really depends on style.  if you plan on smoke firing in dangerous situation,  propulsion is good esp if it already have decent rudder.    if it has poor rudder,  I would normally go with rudder mod. 

[CUTER]
Members
2,933 posts
12,231 battles
10 hours ago, centarina said:

this really depends on style.  if you plan on smoke firing in dangerous situation,  propulsion is good esp if it already have decent rudder.    if it has poor rudder,  I would normally go with rudder mod. 

Negative ghostrider.

It really is the best option for getting off caps and into safety when being radared.  Think about how slow you accelerate with a broken engine from a dead stop.  The upgrade makes getting some speed up 50% faster.

[Y0L0]
Members
9,919 posts
14,114 battles

if you are stopping and smoking in cap during early match with Radar ships around, you are playing it wrong.  :D

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.