You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
UrPeaceKeeper

UrPeaceKeeper's How to Play French Cruisers Videos

14 comments in this topic

[HEROS]
Supertester
1,455 posts
5,687 battles

Hey guys, thought I'd post (finally, now that we are almost done with the series lol) my How to Play series on the French Cruisers.  For those who aren't aware, I release videos every Monday, Wednesday and Friday on my YT channel and the French cruisers get videos posted every Wednesday so expect the last two videos to be out this next Wednesday and a week from Wednesday.  For how, lets kick this off with recommended starting captain skill builds:

The premise of the above video is not an exhaustive list of builds that are viable, more just suggestions to try to determine a path for your build.  Obviously if you are going to have a dedicated Emile Bertin captain, you probably will be running IFHE which isn't usually covered in these videos as the assumption is that commander is going to go from T1 to T10! :)

Ok, so on to the ships in the line:
Bougainville (This video discusses more about the line as a whole and not Bougainville herself):

Jurien de La Graviere:

Friant:

Duguay-Trouin

Emile Bertin:

La Galissonniere

Algerie:

Finally Charles Martel:

I hope these videos are of use to new captains (and experienced captains struggling or curious) in learning the ins and outs of the line.  For the most part the French Cruisers have very few vastly different play styles.  They all excel at the long range HE spam and close range AP spam game as well as the use of speed and maneuverability to get into and out of combat.  It's a fun line!

• Cool 5

[HEROS]
Supertester
1,455 posts
5,687 battles
Just now, Chaos_EN2 said:

Thanks for posting these @UrPeaceKeeper, I watch your videos all the time.

Hopefully they are helpful or at least entertaining if not helpful! :)  Thanks for watching them and being a part of the community!

Members
4,117 posts
8,680 battles
Just now, UrPeaceKeeper said:

Hopefully they are helpful or at least entertaining if not helpful! :) 

They are very helpful, I am working the French Line right now. And as I go up tier before I take the new ship out I watch you video for it. I am up to the Algérie, I would be further up the line but I made some mistakes in the past so I am slowly rebuilding my fleet.

Just got to get the Dunkerque and De Grasse for my fleet some how, to complete it.

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,292 posts
8,194 battles

Thanks for these video guides, they will be very useful. Have reposted in POPCORN library.

[PVE]
Members
7,510 posts
13,021 battles

As always well done sir.

Timely find too as I just got the Charles Martel so watched the video. LOL. Will watch the T9 and T10 for tips and info for when I get there and the others just for fun as your videos are always so good.

:Smile_honoring:

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[CVA16]
Members
2,909 posts
10,686 battles
10 hours ago, UrPeaceKeeper said:

I forgot to update this with the last two videos! :P  Silly me!

Thought you had given up on the line...

Just got the SL and was hoping to hear good things about it. Ship Stats show somebody is doing well with it, just not me. WR is around 30% so it joins my list of cursed ships. It does seem to be a marginally upgraded CM (which I also haven't done that well in).

Edited by Sabot_100

[HEROS]
Supertester
1,455 posts
5,687 battles
On 1/31/2018 at 1:29 PM, Sabot_100 said:

Thought you had given up on the line...

Just got the SL and was hoping to hear good things about it. Ship Stats show somebody is doing well with it, just not me. WR is around 30% so it joins my list of cursed ships. It does seem to be a marginally upgraded CM (which I also haven't done that well in).

Nope, I finish lines all the way through once I start them.  I really thought I was going to end up missing deadlines with this bunch due to the holidays and not having ships researched but I managed to make it through without too much delay!

Members
1,772 posts
9,341 battles

Hey

Thanks for another set of fine video's.  I haven't tried the French yet but you did good on the German video's, well recommended.   A must watch for anyone cruising the French line.

Pete