Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Cpt_Cupcake

I think I'm going to take a break

15 comments in this topic

[-BRS-]
Members
1,763 posts
9,397 battles

This rank season has really drain the joy of the game from me. Dumb plays, suicidal teammates, shyster synch drops, people not knowing the Lo Yang has hydro and dying to it, while in a Lo Yang.

I'm wore out from the constant back and forth of the R5-R2 bracket. I think I'm going to take a few months break and relax, cause my random games are suffering from it as well, and I've kind of lost enthusiasm for the game. I wish you all the best of luck in absence, and to those that got R1 thru the "normal" grinding, congratulations, I wish I could be right there with ya again. 

Members
360 posts
17,419 battles

Didn't participate this season for the reasons you identified.  The 'reward items' I was interested in getting appeared to require too much of an investment in time as well as having to deal with those "less gifted players"...    But do come back refreshed! ;)

[TBW]
Members
8,252 posts
15,014 battles

The grind for every thing is kind of getting old, I haven't even finished the Duke of York campaign and don't know if i will even try. I have been playing a lot less lately. One of the big reasons is that, every time they have these campaigns, the tasks ruin the game play. The teams fall apart because every one is trying to complete the tasks. If they are going to do these campaigns they should make a campaign mode. I played 10 games in a row at tier 5 and was uptiered every time and most of the time I was the only tier 5 in the battles, on my team that is.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 2

[WOLF7]
Members
12,236 posts
31 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

The grind for every thing is kind of getting old, I haven't even finished the Duke of York campaign and don't know if i will even try. I have been playing a lot less lately. One of the big reasons is that, every time they have these campaigns, the tasks ruin the game play. The teams fall apart because every one is trying to complete the tasks. If they are going to do these campaigns they should make a campaign mode. I played 10 games in a row at tier 5 and was uptiered every time and most of the time I was the only tier 5 in the battles.

Ran out of gas last week. On mission 5 and haven't touched it, and really have no desire to. :cap_hmm:

Don't want the "Ducky" thought I might like the Tier 6 camos, but then I realized that just like last year, I'll use one or two of them at most. And realistically, all they are on a tier 6 ship is a convenience, it's not like it takes that long to grind a Tier 6 and once it's elite, extra xp is just that...extra.

Should have realized after last year that all that grind for one or two usable tier 6 camos just isn't worth the time that is invested. :Smile_amazed:

Only reason I was doing it at all was due to the nice gift that WG gave some of us. The ships I ended up with are great fun and actually got me playing again. But after 121 games in less than two weeks, I can hardly bring myself to log on, for exactly the same reasons I started losing interest before....

Terrible MM, bottom tier 73 out of the 121 games, top tier 26 games.

Team play out the window due to event requirements.

Lots of AFK's, suiciders and griefers, had a team mate intentionally ram me out of smoke and into a torp, then suicide into the other team. Had another DD smoke an opposing BB and block my vision, intentionally,  even talking with the guy in chat. 

Rage and anger levels have risen pretty high in game, I don't remember this many players ragging on team mates, while sporting stats like this....

Spoiler

pvOLQxH.png

[RLGN]
Members
11,673 posts
20,657 battles

Finished what I wanted to do in Ranked (R15,) on day 3; had to quit to do something I should have done last October, (a long story why I didn't...)..

...haven't missed playing; especially after the frustration of trying to get a measly three turret hits for that task two weekends ago... (why I couldn't do so is itself; another long story...)

[TBW]
Members
8,252 posts
15,014 battles
29 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Don't want the "Ducky"

It's the first premium that I am maybe not going to get. My win rate was slowly climbing (a couple of days were setbacks here and there). Then these campaigns started and I have been on a steady decline since. Unfortunately part of it is my fault for trying to do the missions. I still try to play with the team but might shoot a BB instead of a better target or some such stupidity. I came to my senses however and will only play what I think is strategic for the team and not just myself. This is supposed to be a team game and that is what WG wants it to be (at least I thought that is what they wanted). Why then do they continue to make it a 1 person game. It's not just this time that this has happened, It happens every time they make ridiculous  missions that make you not play as a team. I suggest that they make a campaign mode and if there are not enough people they have bots fill in the blanks. Random mode is not random when these campaigns are going on. I would call it chance mode or try your luck mode. The same thing goes for Ranked, but even more tragic, because Ranked is supposed to be serious. I have seen more than one thread about how this Ranked season is the worst so far for many of us. All they have to do is make a mode to do the campaigns in, some people don't even want to do the campaigns, why ruin the other modes for them. If you think about it, even earn 1 Arsonist achievement will make some one play different than they normally do. I'm starting to have more fun in Scenarios and Coop than in Random and Ranked battles. To be honest Ranked has always been far from good in my book. The game should be called World of Grindships every single thing is about grinding and of course the only thing that relieves some grind is some bread, bucks, cabbage, cash, change, chips, coin, currency, dough, gold, green, jack, kale, legal tender, lolly, long green, loot, lucre, moola, moolah, needful, pelf, scratch, shekels, sheqels, shekelim, shekalim, sheqalim, tender, wampum.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
597 posts
2,121 battles

I find this game fun and addictive for a month or so, then I get annoyed or just lose interest, have a 6 month break then repeat.. 

Members
1,016 posts
19,150 battles

As a reminder....

There is a World of Warships game...

• without the grind,
  • without the worthless 'rewards,'
  • without the heavy dependence upon teammates' play,
  • where you look forward to the next match rather than dread it,
  • where there's a general parity of equipment,
  • where skill rather than gimmick is the variable,
  • AND... where you get to know and become part of a unique community of players.

MRMbMS5.png

Tier 1: It's where the fun of Warships still resides!

Join Us.

• Funny 1

[POP]
Members
982 posts
12,066 battles
7 hours ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

This rank season has really drain the joy of the game from me. Dumb plays, suicidal teammates, shyster synch drops, people not knowing the Lo Yang has hydro and dying to it, while in a Lo Yang.

I'm wore out from the constant back and forth of the R5-R2 bracket. I think I'm going to take a few months break and relax, cause my random games are suffering from it as well, and I've kind of lost enthusiasm for the game. I wish you all the best of luck in absence, and to those that got R1 thru the "normal" grinding, congratulations, I wish I could be right there with ya again. 

You ever look up to that one player who always rocked in every match you seen him in?

That was Capt. Cupcake for me and I hope i wasn't one of those horrible teammates that made him quit...

Members
68 posts
11,549 battles

I will never play ranked again. I have reached level 10, 14 times and each time I lose every game all the way back to 12. this is a repeating pattern that cant happen naturally. I never lose this many games in a row in randoms. so if I am wrong somebody please tell me otherwise screw ranked battles! It is the worst  experience I have ever had with ANY GAME.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
6,026 posts
2,917 battles
11 hours ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

[-BRS-]
Members
1,763 posts
9,397 battles
11 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

:Smile_amazed:

At first I thought he was being a troll, then he said he didn't know you could change consumables around at all...

4 hours ago, Gerbertz said:

You ever look up to that one player who always rocked in every match you seen him in?

That was Capt. Cupcake for me and I hope i wasn't one of those horrible teammates that made him quit...

You wasn't 0ne of those teammates lol. Usually, I'm able to at least save my star or be close to it. As someone said in a their post, I've run out of gas and my performance has been getting worse.

1 hour ago, 1Sherman said:

This is weak and dated, it needs the Michael Bay treatment...

Alpha Tester
6,026 posts
2,917 battles
8 hours ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

This is weak and dated, it needs the Michael Bay treatment...

The Michael Bay treatment is something you only wish upon your worst enemy, and even then it is still considered cruel and unusual punishment.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles

I feel your pain.  I managed to finish the grind for the DOY, but it was a struggle to find the motivation.  I can't be bothered for ranked.  I've played exactly 1 game since Sunday when I unlocked my DOY, and that game was just so that my DOY was tested out.  I just need to step away for a bit I suppose.  I've felt this way before, and time away helps a lot.

Sign in to follow this