Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Obama_69

Izumo Help.

5 comments in this topic

Members
29 posts

So i just got the Izumo and was planning on free xping past her. But i was 100k FXP short. So i went and unlocked the C hull upgrades right off the bat. I was planning on just playing the Izumo stock tell i make a 100k xp on the ship. But it is not fun at all and so i am tempted to just waste the 5 million credits and buy the C hull. But i'v been hearing people ingame say that the B hull is better and some say the C hull is better. So my question is there any better hull ? When i look it seems that the C hull is the best but there might be a hidden buff. Please help. I'm planning on just selling this as soon as i get Yamato. It's not a fun ship.

[PVE]
Members
3,483 posts
21,653 battles
1 hour ago, Obama_69 said:

It's not a fun ship.

Suggest installing the 20% rudder shift upgrade if you haven't got it installed...got 3.5M potential damage twice in that bad boy.

I know I'm the minority here & every1 else hated the Izumo but it (& Amagi before it) was 1 of the most fun BBs in the game for me (Gnies...gotta add the Gnies...so many LOLs).

I rudder shift all my BBs...don't need the quicker fire/flood recovery if you don't take the HE/torp hits in the 1st place.

The shift allows you to fire front barrels & after they return fire slam on brakes & immediately go back to full speed to bring the rears around to fire also & swing back to blade on before their next volley can broadside you. Most never use their back BB guns because they don't wanna risk the broadsides...shift allows full (staggered but all barrels get to fire every reload) volleys w/security=fun you seem to be missing out on.

Not the standard way of playing but worked well for me...hope it helps you.

Supertester
428 posts
9,125 battles

For me it's hard to help in deciding which hull is better, as I've grinded the Yamato on a fully stock Izumo. I never heard of the C hull being worst than the B hull, only that the difference between them was so minor it wasn't worth buying the C hull. At the time I played the Izumo, I was making xp faster than I could make credits, so I couldn't buy a single upgrade, and yet, I loved that thing, even without playing the fully upgraded version of it.

The armor is very strong against AP (except if you face a Yamato) at the cost of being very weak against HE (unless it's DD HE) and it teaches many things a player needs to know when moving to the Yamato (so they don't complain about getting deleted whenever they sail broadside), like when to turn to use the back turret and when to stop the ship and hold down a position. This is not a flanking ship like the Amagi, and it's not supposed to be always on the move (although it can be done). I trust that one can only truly succeed in the Yamato if they endure the Izumo, for better or worse.

On a personal note: the only thing I hate about the Izumo is the concealment. Like, seriously, how can a GK have a better concealment? Have you seen the size of that thing?!

Members
29 posts
1 hour ago, Captain_Benevolent_Fair said:

For me it's hard to help in deciding which hull is better, as I've grinded the Yamato on a fully stock Izumo. I never heard of the C hull being worst than the B hull, only that the difference between them was so minor it wasn't worth buying the C hull. At the time I played the Izumo, I was making xp faster than I could make credits, so I couldn't buy a single upgrade, and yet, I loved that thing, even without playing the fully upgraded version of it.

The armor is very strong against AP (except if you face a Yamato) at the cost of being very weak against HE (unless it's DD HE) and it teaches many things a player needs to know when moving to the Yamato (so they don't complain about getting deleted whenever they sail broadside), like when to turn to use the back turret and when to stop the ship and hold down a position. This is not a flanking ship like the Amagi, and it's not supposed to be always on the move (although it can be done). I trust that one can only truly succeed in the Yamato if they endure the Izumo, for better or worse.

On a personal note: the only thing I hate about the Izumo is the concealment. Like, seriously, how can a GK have a better concealment? Have you seen the size of that thing?!

Yeah i am baffled at that Concealment. It doesn't even seem that big to have the biggest concealment in game.  If it wasn't for the HE then i might enjoy this a lot more. It's quite ridiculous how easy it is for a CA to destroy me. It pains me to think what a Atlanta could do against me. I'm also not a fan of the dispersion. I know everybody said's it good but i never really see that. I even went and got the Dispersion module to help with it. 

Supertester
428 posts
9,125 battles
7 hours ago, Obama_69 said:

Yeah i am baffled at that Concealment. It doesn't even seem that big to have the biggest concealment in game.  If it wasn't for the HE then i might enjoy this a lot more. It's quite ridiculous how easy it is for a CA to destroy me. It pains me to think what a Atlanta could do against me. I'm also not a fan of the dispersion. I know everybody said's it good but i never really see that. I even went and got the Dispersion module to help with it. 

Actually, an Atlanta isn't that big of a threat. Izumo is covered in 32mm armor, and Atlanta's guns can't penetrate that even with IFHE and since Izumo's superstructure is basically that big tower in the middle of the ship, it's not an easy target to keep hitting consistently. That's the same kind of immunity you get from all guns on DDs (even Khaba's HE shells). But you should avoid letting a DD (and therefor the Atlanta as well) shoot your broadside, because if they're smart they'll fire AP, and a flat 32mm plate is quite an inviting target for AP penetrations. What will really hurt you are cruisers with 203mm guns or 152mm guns + IFHE, because those guys can whoop the Izumo with minimum effort.

And about the dispersion, that's just RNG not loving you. I seem to have the same trouble in my Missouri, despite using all modules to improve the dispersion, I often find myself just as frustrated with Mo's guns as i would be in an FdG. But the times RNG smiles at you, it is glorious!

Sign in to follow this