You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

Worst played class/type of ships?

39 comments in this topic

Members
4,714 posts
7,297 battles

In your opinion  what type or class of ship do you feel is the most consistently worst or badly played by their captains?  Since I asked the question I am going to man up and give my opinion even though I am just average. LOW TIER BBs.  There.  I said it.  BBs tier 6 and below often just drive me crazy with lack of aggression way too often doing nothing until the game is already lost. Happened today so I am kinda upset. That said I have been in matches with good ones and I often salute them in the game. "Nice job"  "Well done" etc. I see lots of DDs players do poorly but I cut em slack cause they are hard to do well in for so many. Tough to play and pretty easily killed.

I have made myself fair game for BB players. Have at me if you wish.  That's only fair.:Smile_honoring:

Edited by dmckay

[BNKR]
Members
459 posts
362 battles

To be fair some of those BB's are really slow. Hard to be aggressive when everyone else on your team beats you to the fight.

• Cool 1

Members
4,714 posts
7,297 battles
Just now, warpath_33 said:

...do high tier premium ships count as a type?

Ya.  Why not. Go for it.

Members
4,714 posts
7,297 battles
1 minute ago, Ruthless4u said:

To be fair some of those BB's are really slow. Hard to be aggressive when everyone else on your team beats you to the fight.

Yes.  But it's kinda hard to get aggressive if you wait till halfway thru the match to hit W key.

[BNKR]
Members
459 posts
362 battles
3 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Yes.  But it's kinda hard to get aggressive if you wait till halfway thru the match to hit W key.

I like to consider myself an aggressive player, but if I'm in a ship like the Texas I know I better pick the right side of the map to move towards.  I start moving the moment the match starts but if I'm not in the right spot then I'm screwed rest of the match.

Members
4,714 posts
7,297 battles
1 minute ago, Ruthless4u said:

I like to consider myself an aggressive player, but if I'm in a ship like the Texas I know I better pick the right side of the map to move towards.  I start moving the moment the match starts but if I'm not in the right spot then I'm screwed rest of the match.

I understand that. I kinda play my cruiser St Louis like that. It's very slow but a monster but gotta be careful with her.  You can't run if you get in trouble. I have learned....she is my highest win ship.

Members
4,714 posts
7,297 battles
1 minute ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

Is this a serious question?  I mean come the heck on..  it's BB's hands down.

Serious?  Did I stutter? 

Members
2,923 posts
3,229 battles
16 minutes ago, Ruthless4u said:

Still it bugs me to see say a Colorado all by themselves, hugging the wall, on the other side of the map. Maybe they had a cruiser or dd with them at the start of the game, but they've been long since gone after a while. 

[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,147 posts
6,647 battles

I think it's hard to really say that a single type of ship is played the most poorly, there is pretty mediocre play in pretty much everything.  But it's probably fair to say that battleships tend to have a lower skill floor, if only because you're likely to live longer due to armour and hit points than in other ships.  So they tend to draw people who struggle, but at the same time they tend to have a significant impact on the game so poor play is more noticeable.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
32 minutes ago, dmckay said:

You have seen a certain Forumite play as well. 

Members
4,714 posts
7,297 battles
10 minutes ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

No, but you and a lot of people don't post a lot of serious stuff.

I see.  You, of course, only post "serious" stuff. I see.  Got it. Ya I was serious. 

Members
4,714 posts
7,297 battles
13 minutes ago, K538 said:

I think it's hard to really say that a single type of ship is played the most poorly, there is pretty mediocre play in pretty much everything.  But it's probably fair to say that battleships tend to have a lower skill floor, if only because you're likely to live longer due to armour and hit points than in other ships.  So they tend to draw people who struggle, but at the same time they tend to have a significant impact on the game so poor play is more noticeable.

Good point. 

[WOLFB]
Members
2,230 posts
9,756 battles

IMO :

1- BB: Do I even need to put a reason here ?

2-DD: Sometime I can't understand why you would pick a fight with a cruiser full HP with your poor little DD with 25% HP...

3-CA: Some people don't know what is a citadel

4-CV: I only put them here because CV are pretty rare.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,961 posts
10,459 battles

CV is the hardest class to play to a reasonably good level so you have a few CV gods that will make your life hell and a large number that are mostly incompetent with very few in between.

[ADR]
Members
4,341 posts
14,058 battles
20 minutes ago, dmckay said:

I see.  You, of course, only post "serious" stuff. I see.  Got it. Ya I was serious. 

Where you got that from, i'll have no clue, but go ahead, keep projecting your insecurities :)

Edited by Shadowrigger1

[STW-D]
Members
96 posts
10,073 battles

The Powerful Ability to spot is what makes CVs so deadly. . . If the team is not up to snuff it doesn't much matter though even a CV cannot carry the whole thing. 

CVs are the only ship type that comes with map view like they do. They require an entirely different skill set than the regular ships require. I have CV'd and did so-so..they're TOUGH to manage and worse at later tiers 

• Cool 1

Members
4,714 posts
7,297 battles
41 minutes ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

Where you got that from, i'll have no clue, but go ahead, keep projecting your insecurities :)

Quotes from your "serious" posts:

"unless player base" "head in anus" "useless morons" what you like about the game is drowned out by useless "player base"   etc. Buddy you are a poster child for insecurity and out of control egoism. You trash talk constantly. Angry stuff. Talking about serious posts....most of your posts are, bluntly, basically hate spewing. Since you can't like the game or have fun because of the useless player base which has your mind on "tilt" it mystifies me why you don't uninstall. You are fishing for a "p#ssing contest.  That sure does not surprise me. I do think you landed here from WoT.  Got it?

:Smile_popcorn:

Edited by dmckay
  • Boring 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,486 posts
15,773 battles
2 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Gonna have to say CV.

Yeah, and I gave @Sovereigndawg a plus one for Ninja'ing me out of this one. It used to be worse, when the load-outs were even more screwed up, but any player who got to tier 4 could go charging across the skies with his 3 strike squadrons, and no clue whatsoever, convinced he was Bull Halsey. 3 minutes later game chat would be full of salt and obscenities when he got reamed.

Does anyone remember when they used to allow UNBALANCED CV's in the game? One side would have one, the other wouldn't?

Even today, though, a good CV player facing a bad CV player will wreck the game for the other 11 players on the side of the bad CV jock; the ships are so powerful when handled correctly and such a damn liability when they aren't.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,486 posts
15,773 battles
1 hour ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

it's BB's hands down.

Sorry, but ... no.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,725 posts
10,311 battles
56 minutes ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

No, but you and a lot of people don't post a lot of serious stuff.

No one is forcing you to read any of it, much less respond. Posting ^this^ b.s. is just as bad.

Anyway, IJN dds overall. It takes a higher skill set to play well, and a good understanding of the way a game is progressing to do a job in. 

Also the Russian gunboat dds. Way too many players play em like USN dds.

I think that crap bb play is more obvious than crap play in other ship types, but there is more really good bb play overall than in other types that doesn't get acknowledged. Ditto for cv.

• Cool 1