You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

Got Gallant....help!

8 comments in this topic

Members
4,714 posts
7,313 battles

Ok so I bought a Santa gift.  Got DD Gallant. I know little bout playing DDs as I only got Isokaze but have not played it very much. Checked data on this ship.....good....over 53% win rate. I also got a Captain with 10 points to apply. Question?  What captain skills do I choose for this DD? This is my question. Just not sure bout DDs. I took her out just now for first time in co-op totally vanilla and put 5 torps in a full health BB and killed it. Hell this DD shoots 8 torps....wow. ALSO......Is she good in your opinion if you play her?  Tks

[WDS]
Members
1,230 posts
7,886 battles

Read little white mouse's review it will tell u how to play and how to set it up with modules and captain specs lert helps too they do it together there really good .

Members
687 posts
3,667 battles

You should know this!

Hold open doors, and walk on the street side. Be polite to others. Be brave and courageous.  Give flowers on occasion, but be random about it, don't be driven by calendars.  Be nice to animals and children. Take your hat off indoors...wait...what?

Oh, um nevermind.

• Funny 2

Members
4,714 posts
7,313 battles
19 minutes ago, surratus said:

You should know this!

Hold open doors, and walk on the street side. Be polite to others. Be brave and courageous.  Give flowers on occasion, but be random about it, don't be driven by calendars.  Be nice to animals and children. Take your hat off indoors...wait...what?

Oh, um nevermind.

I plan to never mind.  Duh

• Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,535 posts
14,027 battles

The first 10 points are pretty standard. PT, LS, S, CE. I use MA 1, DC 1 (because I use LS on the captain). In the third slot I've put the special smoke upgrade but would recommend using MA2 to get faster turrets. Fourth slot I use PM 1.

She is a solid but not exemplary DD. She has great torps and with excellent concealment (with CE) she can stealth torp fairly easily. I push into a cap and can contest it reasonable enough. You have to watch out for 'real' gunboats though. She is not truly a knife fighter. She does out turn her guns so aggressive maneuvering is best used for evading. She turns nice and sharp, too. 

If the British DD line turns out like her it will be fun. Good luck with her!

[PVE]
Members
2,586 posts
20,082 battles
2 hours ago, dmckay said:

What captain skills do I choose for this DD?

For 2nd level Last Stand is usually a must for all DDs IMO but I haven't got Gallant & not sure how well it's gun rotation is when battling close range against other DDs...if you find yourself outmaneuvering your gun locks you might wanna consider Expert Marksman in that position. For other skills I'm more of a Random player so different skills may apply better than my usual choices but my 1st 10 points usually go to:

1st- Priority Target (optional keeping your modules from getting damaged...sorry...forget what it's called ATM but it's the 2nd of the options for level 1 skills).

2nd-Last Stand/Expert Marksman

3rd-Faster Torpedo reload (again sorry...forget what it's called exactly).

4th-Consealmant Expert...(although again this is for random...might wanna go for extra lower level abilities in Co-Op).

I prefer to put Adrenalin Rush on almost all of my ships eventually (when down to almost no life you get a 20% reload on all weapons...including torps) so it's a good option to put LS/EM/& AR instead of CE if you plan on rushing in instead of trying to stay stealthy.

[DD214]
Members
771 posts

Almost all DDs, Russian can be an exception, benefit from three core skills: 2-pointer is Last Stand is a must- a DD w/o steering and engine is a dead DD. T-3 is usually Superintendent or sometimes Torpedo Armament Expert. Concealment is a  also a must in any ship you want to use for stealth torping. 

BTW, the Gallant is a great ship. take time to learn how to stay hidden nd use the single launch fish in a stream. She is deadly to BBs up close. Came around a island on a full-strength T7 BB in her and placed 7 of 8 fish right in her bow for a kill before her captain could react

2018-01-08 13_31_18-World of Warships.jpg