You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SkaerKrow

What are biggest and smallest playable ships in game?

6 comments in this topic

[SIM]
Members
3,170 posts
4,955 battles

Out of curiosity while I stand here watching pasta boil, what are the biggest and smallest playable ships in the game? I’m under the impression that Yamato is the largest ship ever built, though I could be wrong (or it could be outstripped by a design in game that was never actually built). As for smallest, I figure that it would be one of the Tier II DDs, but again, I’m not certain. 

[HINON]
Supertester
20,185 posts
13,636 battles

Click. Biggest is Grosser Kurfuerst, smallest is V-25.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,965 posts
10,459 battles

Generally ships are sized by their displacement and modern super carriers are bigger than the Yamato by about 50% and it is probably the biggest in displacement at 68,000 long tons although depending on which proposal the game is using the Grosser Kurfurst could be lighter, heavier, or a tie. On the small end it seems the Tachibana wins at 605 tons, the V25 is over 900 tons which was huge for a DD in that period although only a few years later the Clemson was 1200 tons. The Smith weighs in at a svelte 705 tons.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,070 posts
3,895 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

Generally ships are sized by their displacement and modern super carriers are bigger than the Yamato by about 50% and it is probably the biggest in displacement at 68,000 long tons although depending on which proposal the game is using the Grosser Kurfurst could be lighter, heavier, or a tie. On the small end it seems the Tachibana wins at 605 tons, the V25 is over 900 tons which was huge for a DD in that period with the Smith weighing in at a svelte 705 tons.

Looks like V-25 is heavier but physically shorter than Tachibana despite Tachibana being much lighter. She's quite long and narrow, while V25 is stubby.