Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
xTrowax

matchmaking and bans

71 comments in this topic

Members
5,202 posts
9,487 battles

This thread is a prime example of what happens when ego is disproportionate to ability. 

In short, elitism minus the "elite". 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Members
2,229 posts
11,345 battles
4 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Too many big words and logical assumptions. 

If what you quoted makes you feel like it contains a lot of big words, that's a wonderful representation of just how disturbing our educational standards have declined.

Members
2,229 posts
11,345 battles
6 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I have seen you play. nuff said

If it was "nuff said," it would communicate your point clearly, but it does anything but.

[HINON]
Members
3,952 posts
4,383 battles
Just now, VGLance said:

So according to you the manager of a golf course telling the foursome of elderly gentlemen to speed up their play because they are holding up all the groups of golfers behind them is a Nazi.

There's a difference between someone telling people to speed-up and telling them that they're useless and just need to go die. I don't care what kind of equivocation you try to pull, but there are guidelines for civil behavior, and acting outside of those leads to negative cycles of behavior which put-off players from the game and are considered toxic behavior.

5 minutes ago, VGLance said:

Like I said, you either have the presence of mind and quality of character to do the right thing or you don't.

If you seriously think that choosing one arbitrary tier to play in a game over another one is a weighty moral decision, then you really need to revaluate your priorities in life. Maybe go on Mission or something.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
1 minute ago, VGLance said:

If it was "nuff said," it would communicate your point clearly, but it does anything but.

Come off that high horse you might learn something

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
5,636 posts
12,386 battles
Just now, VGLance said:

If what you quoted makes you feel like it contains a lot of big words, that's a wonderful representation of just how disturbing our educational standards have declined.

No, it was the consolidation of the colossal words with the plausible inference that made it difficult to fathom. The immense words unaccompanied by the tenable hypothesis would have been no source of disorientation. 

Members
2,229 posts
11,345 battles
5 minutes ago, Carrier_Lexington said:

There's a difference between someone telling people to speed-up and telling them that they're useless and just need to go die. I don't care what kind of equivocation you try to pull, but there are guidelines for civil behavior, and acting outside of those leads to negative cycles of behavior which put-off players from the game and are considered toxic behavior.

If you seriously think that choosing one arbitrary tier to play in a game over another one is a weighty moral decision, then you really need to revaluate your priorities in life. Maybe go on Mission or something.

You're wildly taking my words out of context to support your narrative and it just reflects on your character.  How you go from me suggesting players self-regulate by sticking to co-op or low-tiers, or playing solo games until their connection is fixed to me suggesting that these people commit suicide is mind-boggling.  But this is the exact demonstration of how low the lowest common denominator people are willing to go.

And the played out tactic of trying to compare value or weight between events inside a game and life outside the game is the most common, juvenile non sequitur used to justify poor behavior.  We are talking about moral behavior within the confines of the game.  Just because it's an online game of pixels, there are human beings behind those screens and there is a community involved.  Social standards still apply and should apply.  The fact that you are willing to neglect those standards because you hide behind the safety blanket of anonymity is, again, just another example of who you are as a person.

[HINON]
Members
3,952 posts
4,383 battles
41 minutes ago, VGLance said:

Those that have severe social awkwardness that keep them from successfully integrating with society so they escape to video games where they can continue to neglect their social skills by evading consequences that come from shirking responsibilities normally found in a team dynamic outside the game

Look who's talking!

r7H9Ilu.gif

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

nfaCiUf.gif

Edited by Carrier_Lexington
  • Funny 3

Members
2,229 posts
11,345 battles
14 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Come off that high horse you might learn something

I'll tell you what, I'll redirect that search party that's been looking for your hidden talents and see if they might be able to locate a post you've ever made on the forum that wasn't a troll post or was a post that actually included a point that was supported with proper supporting evidence.

Edited by VGLance

[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,147 posts
6,651 battles
45 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I have raged at people in chat quite a bit and have never ever gotten banned, how do you people manage to do this? 

Now, here is what I do to combat my rage (sometimes), find something good about your team or the enemy team and comment on that. 

I typically will tell the enemy that killed me something like this: "enemy dd, I hate you for that, very well played! ;)" you'd be surprised how many compliments that that gets you. 

Yeah this is the part I don't get Ducky.  Even if I try not to be a complete [edited], I've lost my cool more than once in the game, and more than once it's probably been my own temper and not actually justified.  But I've never managed to get myself chatbanned let alone anything worse than this.

Anybody who is actually getting a ban is doing *something* wrong, even if it's just that they have an uncanny ability to attract attention that others wouldn't.  It's hard to take this particular complaint seriously, I have to assume that anybody who posts that chat bans are out of control is either a child who doesn't know better or is just, well, a jerk.

It reminds me of the complaints that you see from time to time about how it's "too easy" to turn pink: well then, stop shooting torps from behind your own team...

Beta Testers
207 posts
10,994 battles
2 hours ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Just out respect for others and simply acting like an adult, cussing or berating others should have repercussions. There is a wrong way and a right way to try and help a team mate or suggest something. Throwing profanities is not the way to do it. Like the old saying goes "treat others the way you'd want to be treated." I'm sure any adult can appreciate it. This is a game, not a life and death struggle. Games are supposed to be fun.

Maybe just out of respect those bad players should quit?

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I'll tell you what, I'll redirect that search party that's been looking for your hidden talents and see if they might be able to locate a post you've ever made on the forum that wasn't a troll post or was a post that actually included a point that was supported with proper supporting evidence.

looks like your beginning to get triggered . looking for anything that brings out your false sense of security while riding that High Horse. I have seen you play. Nuff said

• Cool 1

Members
5,202 posts
9,487 battles

@VGLance do you think it would be appropriate for me to start belittling you because you don't perform to what I consider "reasonable standards"? You're acting the part of an internet bully with slightly above average performance and a pension for big words. Neither of those give you basis to be an elitist.   

I don't always disagree with you. You're a sharp guy and you make good points from time to time. But your crusade against the potatoes of WoWs is very distasteful and, quite frankly, pointless. 

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT
  • Cool 4

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
8,206 battles

Trowak. Ghostdog here. Read your initial Post over and saw our fellow captains responses'. The Forumites and I understand how you feel. These guys that responded are some of the best in the game. Not only in play but in character, advice and help. We have all felt extremely frustrated and pissed off ouselves. The one thing we detest is whining. Sorry that's they way it is. It doesn't matter what you are up against. PERIOD. We are all there. Gripe about a lot of things and be constructive. Be funny and ask questions.

Never ever belittle a teammate. Never cuss in chat or the forum. You do this and you will gain the respect of your fellow captains.

th?id=OIP.RtGeszUb-yjGTAhAJ1YJnwD0D_&pid

Members
2,229 posts
11,345 battles
1 minute ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

looks like your beginning to get triggered . looking for anything that brings out your false sense of security while riding that High Horse. I have seen you play. Nuff said

You realize, unlike the coward you are, my stats are public.  So insinuating that I do not carry my weight makes you look beyond ridiculous.  It takes an incredibly "special" person to fail that bad.  The more you troll, the more you're just proving my point about how low the lowest common denominator people in this community are.  So keep trolling.  Please.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

You realize, unlike the coward you are, my stats are public.  So insinuating that I do not carry my weight makes you look beyond ridiculous.  It takes an incredibly "special" person to fail that bad.  The more you troll, the more you're just proving my point about how low the lowest common denominator people in this community are.  So keep trolling.  Please.

TRIGGERED

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
6,371 posts
9,731 battles

:Smile_popcorn:  dont mind me, just watchng the flame war thats started, as Jedi Master Yoda would say
gHPZaeD.jpg

[INTEL]
Members
11,040 posts
30,961 battles
16 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

I have raged at people in chat quite a bit and have never ever gotten banned, how do you people manage to do this? 

Now, here is what I do to combat my rage (sometimes), find something good about your team or the enemy team and comment on that. 

I typically will tell the enemy that killed me something like this: "enemy dd, I hate you for that, very well played! ;)" you'd be surprised how many compliments that that gets you. 

When reports accumulate over time, your account is subject to heightened scrutiny, or so I have concluded. I got my second strike for language I have used many times over the course of the last three years.

The great thing about the system is that you can AFK, bot, edge-camp, etc, and WG will do nothing. I have simply stopped reporting since WG never takes any action. But if you get salty about someone doing that, you will get a strike. Great system! So now you know what behaviors you can safely indulge in. 

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
8,206 battles
11 minutes ago, Nergy said:

Maybe just out of respect those bad players should quit?

No Nergy bad players shouldn't quit. We all want to get better. We need to help bring the player base up my helping out ok.

Members
2,229 posts
11,345 battles
2 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

@VGLance do you think it would be appropriate for me to start belittling you because you don't perform to what I consider "reasonable standards"? You're acting the part of an internet bully with slightly above average performance and a pension for big words. Neither of those give you basis to be an elitist. 

I don't always disagree with you. You're a sharp guy and you make good points from time to time. But your crusade against the potatoes of WoWs is very distasteful and, quite frankly, pointless. 

Kombat, I've said it time and time again.  I have the highest respect for players who are below average but are showing a desire to improve and learn from their mistakes and progress through the learning curve.  And if they do not care to improve, to at least self-regulate by sticking to low tiers or co-op or training room.  All play styles should be able to coexist without conflict and that includes carving out the highest tiers for players who perform at a high level and high level players not dropping to the low tiers to seal club.

NONE of this is elitism.  And saying that people should get their computer fixed and internet reliable before sabotaging matches is NOT elitism either.  It's called being a decent human being.

So claiming I'm an elitist is a joke. 

[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,361 posts
12,831 battles

:cap_popcorn:

come boiz, come to the dark side and tastes the POWER RANGER !

wait

WUT?

POWER RANGER ?????

[HINON]
Members
3,952 posts
4,383 battles
28 minutes ago, VGLance said:

You're wildly taking my words out of context to support your narrative and it just reflects on your character.  How you go from me suggesting players self-regulate by sticking to co-op or low-tiers, or playing solo games until their connection is fixed to me suggesting that these people commit suicide is mind-boggling.

Oh, really? I'm taking your words out of context? Or perhaps I'm showing you that your words have a totally different context than what you naively want to believe they have.

And yet you are the one who agrees with this statement:
"Frankly, banning people from chat for cussing out their team is [edited]. If the team is useless, or if someone is being stupid, they should be told as much"-- The OP

Or, maybe, just maybe, that's the personal experience I have? You know, suicide requests from people like you who think that the "lower-quality people" should just "stay out of the way of the higher quality people." Maybe I wouldn't call it if I hadn't seen it? But, then again, the suicide requests I've received from other people for something as arbitrary as mildly inconveniencing them definitely reflects on my character. Yeah. Totally.

Perhaps the fact that you're taking a minor inconvenience in an illusionary game made of pixels so seriously reflects on your character?

See, what you and other people like the OP fail to realize is that there is a very broad line between telling someone that they need to improve or coaching people and telling them to "Get the **** off my screen, you useless pile of ****." And that's just the "forum-safe" version of what I've seen people say in those chat-boxes. I've seen worse directed towards other people and I've experienced worse directed towards me. If that makes me an inferior human being in your eyes, then you really, really need to get your priorities straight.

As I said, go on Mission. Travel to a 3rd-World Country on a mission trip. If you aren't religious, then call it a "service" trip for all I care. But make sure you're looking at the people around you, and pay attention to how people will be beaten because they are, "inferior," or, worse, "in the name of the State." That's what true immorality looks like. And then think long and hard if you really want to force players into an arbitrarily-established tier limit so that only the "higher quality" people could fully enjoy the game.

7 minutes ago, VGLance said:

NONE of this is elitism.  And saying that people should get their computer fixed and internet reliable before sabotaging matches is NOT elitism either.  It's called being a decent human being.

Boy, maybe if Ted Bundy had fixed his computer more often, people would have liked him more. Yeah, there's that serial-killing stuff, too... but I'm sure that could all be overlooked.
 I sure wonder how they ever defined morality before computers and online games were invented.

Or, just maybe, this is just some internet nobody, protected by his anonymity, is triggered and is making a mountain out of a tiny molehill.

Edited by Carrier_Lexington

Members
2,229 posts
11,345 battles
5 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

TRIGGERED

Clutch, when extremely low quality people react negatively to my posts, it gives me confidence that my beliefs are in the right, healthy place.   So thank you.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Clutch, when extremely low quality people react negatively to my posts, it gives me confidence that my beliefs are in the right, healthy place.   So thank you.

I have seen you play. nuff said.Your self importance is amusing.

[OO7]
Members
5,636 posts
12,386 battles
4 minutes ago, VGLance said:

What about when extremely high quality people respond negatively, such as KW? 

:Smile_glasses:

*this doesn't mean that I think that anyone else that has responded to you is low quality. I'm not a scumbag elitist*

Edited by Ducky_shot

Sign in to follow this