Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

Favorite in game player sike outs

18 comments in this topic

[-BRS-]
Members
1,586 posts
16,713 battles

There are lots of matches some player says something to the other team that is funny but so true and sikes them out

My favorite one from this past weekend from a game on islands of ice where my team had 3 shimas and me in the gearing.

A Shima captain on my team said and i quote:  Are you ready for the wall of skill B_itches 45 torps wide lol.

That being said the enemy team i do not think even tried to get close to the cap everyone ended up fighting on their side of the map and we controlled all 3 caps from the 12 minute mark on.

There never was a 45 torp wall of skill ever implicated sadly but it made them think about it.

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND
  • Cool 1

[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,332 posts
12,692 battles

i was in my minekaze, driving parallel to a red Konig for a good 10 - 15 secs, then public chat notify that he is now dead !!! it come down to 2vs1, which his guns all train to the other side

Some of my allies were giggling/hysteria for the entire 10-15 secs

unleash the Kraken!

Edited by ObiwankzKenobi

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,001 posts
3,895 battles

Every time I successfully torpedo an enemy battleship, I announce "Thank you" in all chat.

It's polite to thank them for sailing so obligingly straight, but boy do they get salty when you show your gratitude.

• Cool 1

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
8,033 battles

I usually craptalk after releasing a ninja torpedo salvo. Taunting the enemy BBs to turn into them. Then taunt them more... because I'm petty. 

• Cool 1

[-BRS-]
Members
1,586 posts
16,713 battles

I personally had a game in which as i sent my torps 13 km away i asked the BB in chat if he could spell torpedo.

He was like wth you talking about and i was like wait for it just wait for it.... 

hard to WASD hack when you are responding in chat hehe

• Cool 2

[NGAGE]
Members
1,403 posts
8,150 battles

Sometimes I'll announce in public chat that I don't know how to launch my planes. 

"How am I supposed to launch planes?"

Then I murderously pursue the closest destroyer and blap it... 

It's generated some really entertaining chats. I... might have lost a good bit of karma over it lol.

The last time I did this I was in my Saipan... and the closest thing to me wasn't a dd... it was a Chappy that wasn't running any AA skills or def AA... easy first blood!

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,001 posts
3,895 battles

When I play Yubari and land in a match with carriers, the chat at the start of a match often looks like this

[All] AraAragami: Oh damn carriers

[All] AraAragami: I hope they don't come after me, my AA is garbage

[All] AraAragami: crap this is all chat

[Team] AraAragami: :3

[-K-]
Beta Testers
190 posts
4,410 battles

back when Shiratsuyu could mount both the smoke and torpedo reload consumable me and my buddy would just say "the wall" at the start of every match and every subsequent nuking of a red ship, lost a ton of karma lol.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,586 posts
16,713 battles

Another time a CV player told the other CV player he was gonna snipe him that he did not care about anything else but sinking him.

So the one CV held his fighters close by the the first half of the match while his team got bombed and torped to no end.

When he finally  decided the other CV was just BSing he sent his fighters out to cover the remaining ships.

He promptly got torped and bombed

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,545 posts
11,461 battles

I'll sometimes say "Bye *shipmame*" in global chat about 10 seconds before the torps reach their detection range. 

Then I apologize if I accidentally leave them on 5% health. 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,001 posts
3,895 battles
2 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

I'll sometimes say "Bye *shipmame*" in global chat about 10 seconds before the torps reach their detection range. 

Then I apologize if I accidentally leave them on 5% health. 

Back when Fubuki was tier 8, I launched my torpedoes and called out "Hey Tirpitz, guess what"

No response. Dev strike. I think I have it on video, even. That was a crazy match, I also 1v2'd the enemy Fubukis in that game in a crazy knife fight. I'll check my Youtube when I get home, if I remember to.

Edited by AraAragami

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
8,144 battles
25 minutes ago, Fog_Battlecruiser_Haruna said:

when im in my harekaze i get to 6km from a BB and then tell him he has torps headed his way

Had a red DD tell same thing Friday night. Between him telling me that and being in the Cesare  I was able to dodge the spread. Thanked him for the warning

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
633 posts
4,566 battles
1 minute ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Had a red DD tell same thing Friday night. Between him telling me that and being in the Cesare  I was able to dodge the spread. Thanked him for the warning

LOL jokes on him then, I run torp reload on my harekaze, so... 16 torps steaming away at a target in a wide area guarantee's at least one hit 

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
8,144 battles
3 minutes ago, Fog_Battlecruiser_Haruna said:

LOL jokes on him then, I run torp reload on my harekaze, so... 16 torps steaming away at a target in a wide area guarantee's at least one hit 

He only launched four but 2 would have got me had he not said anything. Cesare is a good BB for dodging and ducking.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
633 posts
4,566 battles
Just now, Ghostdog1355 said:

He only launched four but 2 would have got me had he not said anything. Cesare is a good BB for dodging and ducking.

I agree, JC is simply the best T5 BB out right now

[O_O]
Members
5,454 posts
12,485 battles

It's "psych out", not "sike out".

A few things I have been guilty of saying in all-chat:

"I just bought this Tirpitz.  Is it better than my Myogi?"

(on Two Brothers) "All four of you really running up the middle???"

(when playing any stealthy DD when I know my BB target's "detected" light is glowing) "Hey, (red battleship), I see you.  I am stalking you.  Prepare for the torps"

Other tactics I use:

When DD vs DD and contesting a cap, I will often pop a smoke and leave it behind.  It's fun to see how many torps get launched into it.

When DD vs BB, pop a smoke and leave it behind.  BB will almost always assume you are sitting in the smoke.  When I change position I can sometimes get a juicy broadside to launch at.

When I have launched torps and my target changes direction unfavorably, sometimes shooting to reveal myself will get him to change back to the course I want.

Sign in to follow this