Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TL_Warlord_Roff

More then one. Multi targetting.

3 comments in this topic

[HEROS]
Members
1,710 posts
14,917 battles

Every one in a while your going to end up in a situation where your firing on multiple targets.  I'm going to give a link to a video from last year of me doing this in a Fuso.

Some quick notes on the match your about to see with the aid of 20/20 hind sight and a year plus's worth of experience since I fought that particular fight.

First off, my shooting has gotten a lot better.   and second off I have a nearly 19 point commander on that Fuso now.  And I tend to maneuver more aggressively early in the match now then I did in this match where I started pretty passively.   It was a period where I was still in a bit of awe over the power of the Fuso's long range gunnery and was frankly still playing with it and had yet to discover the "Dynamic" sight.    My own game play contributed to mess I found myself in even though I very nearly bailed the team out of in what would have been an epic carry had I not let my self be nibbled to death by the the Kuma there at then end.  Or maybe not...it's very difficult to say.  SO what your about to see it desperate genius at work.  Were I to run into the exact same situation now all of the ships I shot up would have died much faster! other then the Fuso and the last DD which both died pretty fast all things considered.

so here is the lesson to be observed.  "use everything".  This is especially true of BB's but it applies just as much to cruisers and DD's.  If your nose is on to one target and half or more of your guns are not in use, find a use for them.  Even if it's a "Hail Mary" pot shot at a distance, use them.  Now you don't see any of that in this fight because I got myself (with help) into a mid to close range Sabre dance and knife fight. but what you will see is me desperately maneuvering the ship to aim the guns.. both front and rear rather successfully (the cleve does get sunk after all though these day i would have happened faster!!)

It was a mighty fun fight.  And Jamm'n411 if yer still out there some where, hope your doing well!

So here ya go, "Fortress Fuso"  (note: Many patches ago also!)

Edited by TL_Warlord_Roff
  • Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
23,957 posts
3,895 battles

I often fire my bow guns at one target and my stern guns at another target, especially in battleships where I don't feel comfortable swinging the tail out to hammer the same target with them.

With cruisers, it's often not worth it due to the much shorter reload vs the time spent adjusting aim on the second target, but I've done it occasionally. It's often a better idea to use that superior rudder shift and agility to keep hammering on the same target with all guns.

With destroyers...again, the gun reload makes it a challenge to do this when it's easier to just swing the tail out. Ideally you'd be broadside anyway to maximize chance of overpens vs losing 10k to standard pens. But a similar philosophy does apply via mixing guns and torpedoes.

Edited by AraAragami

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
8,124 battles
1 hour ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

Every one in a while your going to end up in a situation where your firing on multiple targets.  I'm going to give a link to a video from last year of me doing this in a Fuso.

Some quick notes on the match your about to see with the aid of 20/20 hind sight and a year plus's worth of experience since I fought that particular fight.

First off, my shooting has gotten a lot better.   and second off I have a nearly 19 point commander on that Fuso now.  And I tend to maneuver more aggressively early in the match now then I did in this match where I started pretty passively.   It was a period where I was still in a bit of awe over the power of the Fuso's long range gunnery and was frankly still playing with it and had yet to discover the "Dynamic" sight.    My own game play contributed to mess I found myself in even though I very nearly bailed the team out of in what would have been an epic carry had I not let my self be nibbled to death by the the Kuma there at then end.  Or maybe not...it's very difficult to say.  SO what your about to see it desperate genius at work.  Were I to run into the exact same situation now all of the ships I shot up would have died much faster! other then the Fuso and the last DD which both died pretty fast all things considered.

so here is the lesson to be observed.  "use everything".  This is especially true of BB's but it applies just as much to cruisers and DD's.  If your nose is on to one target and half or more of your guns are not in use, find a use for them.  Even if it's a "Hail Mary" pot shot at a distance, use them.  Now you don't see any of that in this fight because I got myself (with help) into a mid to close range Sabre dance and knife fight. but what you will see is me desperately maneuvering the ship to aim the guns.. both front and rear rather successfully (the cleve does get sunk after all though these day i would have happened faster!!)

It was a mighty fun fight.  And Jamm'n411 if yer still out there some where, hope your doing well!

So here ya go, "Fortress Fuso"  (note: Many patches ago also!)

Fuso is a great ship to play. I was a bit hesitant going up the IJN BB tier because I went (at the time) up through 8 in the USSN. Of course the ships play a bit different put picked up pretty good on the IJN ships. Have one of my best win rates in the Kongo.

Sign in to follow this