You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BullpupWOT

Link to map guide?

11 comments in this topic

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

I tried the search function, but I wasn't successful (user error)...anyone have a link to a good guide explain g all of the various rings on the minimap. Right now I'm assuming longest blue cone is view range, dotted line is detection range, and small solid circle is my torpedo range if the ship has torps. Is that correct?  Is there something that shows my firing range?

[OPEC]
Members
962 posts
5,249 battles

I think the outside solid ring is your main battery range.  The dotted lines are your detection ranges for sea and air.  Inner solid line is torp range.  The dim portion outside of your overall center circle shows the edge of the draw distance (where ships are actually rendered), as well.

[MEIST]
Members
1,002 posts
3,746 battles
19 minutes ago, BullpupWOT said:

I tried the search function, but I wasn't successful (user error)...anyone have a link to a good guide explain g all of the various rings on the minimap. Right now I'm assuming longest blue cone is view range, dotted line is detection range, and small solid circle is my torpedo range if the ship has torps. Is that correct?  Is there something that shows my firing range?

I thought the map settings itself tells you since you turn on or off the different rings there. Not at my game PC so I'm not sure.

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
Just now, jager_geist said:

I thought the map settings itself tells you since you turn on or off the different rings there. Not at my game PC so I'm not sure.

I'm having difficulty with UI (it's me, old and stupid) I'm able to turn things on/off but can't figure out what's what or what's going on/off when I toggle. It's all transparent and disappears too quickly and such. 

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,780 posts
4,642 battles

While in battle, hold the CTRL key, and move your mouse over to the gear icon at the upper right of your minimap.  This will give you the guide for what all the rings are, as well as the option to turn each one on or off.

There are some that are off by default, so there's more information there for you to get if you want it.

Members
687 posts
3,667 battles

Hey thanks @Fishrokk I didn't know how to do that in battle.  Before the battle starts yes, but after no.  Year and a half and I'm still learning things about the UI.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
7,209 posts
12,288 battles

Click the little gear cog above the minimap, that had the legend for whats what and options to turn on/off specific functions.

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
37 minutes ago, Fishrokk said:

While in battle, hold the CTRL key, and move your mouse over to the gear icon at the upper right of your minimap.  This will give you the guide for what all the rings are, as well as the option to turn each one on or off.

There are some that are off by default, so there's more information there for you to get if you want it.

24 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Click the little gear cog above the minimap, that had the legend for whats what and options to turn on/off specific functions.

I got to the menu and turned something on that I saw on a tutorial video (can't remember off hand what it was), but I didn't see a legend, but admittedly I didn't want to keep my attention off the game too long because I'm still a bit overwhelmed by factoring so much information. I'll have to try it at the beginning of a co-op battle or something. Thanks everyone. 

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,780 posts
4,642 battles
31 minutes ago, surratus said:

Hey thanks @Fishrokk I didn't know how to do that in battle.  Before the battle starts yes, but after no.  Year and a half and I'm still learning things about the UI.

You're welcome, happy I could help!

[H-W-C]
Members
1,268 posts
3,557 battles
17 minutes ago, BullpupWOT said:

I got to the menu and turned something on that I saw on a tutorial video (can't remember off hand what it was), but I didn't see a legend, but admittedly I didn't want to keep my attention off the game too long because I'm still a bit overwhelmed by factoring so much information. I'll have to try it at the beginning of a co-op battle or something. Thanks everyone. 

Activate training rooms (search for it or wait for the next update or two to officially release it) and you'll have plenty of time to work the minimap out.

[PVE]
Members
13,807 posts
8,895 battles
On 1/15/2018 at 3:03 PM, BullpupWOT said:

PvE would be a good place to play around with the minimap. The bots will come to you, so if you don't move much, you should still see some battle. Besides almost all of us PvE mains are way less salty about AFKs compared to PvP play.

There is an option for transparency on the minimap. So you can make the water color on the minimap really transparent and see everything else. Really helps when you make the minimap as big as possible and transparent so you can still see under the map.

You can put in a lot of circles around your minimap, so work your way up to using as many as you want. Unless WoT had something similar and you are already used to a cluttered minimap.