Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Weekend spree

8 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
5,973 posts
9,632 battles

Sorry for the absence of these threads. I lost most of my former enthusiasm for WOWS.

Anyway, did some matches Friday, it was reasonably fun, so played some more yesterday. MM really hated my Missouri, lost all 5 matches, yet won all the others in Z-23, Tirpitz, Hindenburg, and Iowa. I'm close to halfway to Montana, but with classes starting this week, I'm not sure how much I'll be on. Oh well!

And for the first time, I actually got matched with a few snowflakes in Missouri. It was hilarious how they decided to rag at me for supposedly being a selfish prick. None of them bothered to find out exactly what my situation and options were (red team has 2 caps, I decide to push one from E w/ a Hindenburg and 2 DDs, Hindenburg gets evaporated by enemy Yamato and Missouri, both DDs turn tail and flee, I know Shimakaze stalking me because dodged 5x3 spread). Either I could push, hit a broadside BB while facing 2 Bbs and the Shimakaze and a Gearing all at once--with teammates still hanging back in our one cap--or I could retreat and hope for a better tactical advantage. I know MO's secondaries aren't great even w/ full sec spec, so I fled. Link up with our GK--who dies to shimakaze torps--and seeing the match was basically over (their teamwork was superior, yammy/MO/gearing in cap, shimakaze torp stalking, and freddy sniping vs. me and our 2 remaining DDs), I went for a ram and took down their MO and got 3rd place.

Those butthurt players made me laugh. They did not care I'd be in poor position facing 2 BBs and 2 DDs at once, nor that I protected my ship to ensure I could still hopefully influence the battle a bit. They just seemed to think that well, I got outplayed badly, therefore I should just uninstall. I don't care what abusive players say, their hate is not a valid reason to listen.

[TDD]
Members
1,144 posts
9,210 battles

I feel ya Reymu. I too took a break but didn't play any at all this weekend.

Instead i turned to my other go to game STO and played Space Barbie all weekend.

• Cool 1

[5D]
Members
2,944 posts
18,382 battles

Welcome back, the game has a lot of players that don't understand tactics, how to support, etc. since WG brought Steam players in. Many players now seem to think surviving a battle is better than dying. You'll see many BBs flee mid-range combat and run for 1/2 the match as though that is accomplishing something.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,599 posts
17,075 battles

Well i played my gearing a lot even though my overall personal rating was trash I still managed to in the majority of the games help my team win.

I focused mainly on tracking down and taking out other DD's, Smoking my Teammates, spotting lots of targets, getting at least 2 caps and mostly not getting sunk in the first 10 minutes.

In some games i did land several torp spreads and got high damage numbers but i am more of a do everything but damage DD player sadly.

[SIM]
Members
4,035 posts
6,947 battles

I’m pretty burned out, so I didn’t play much. Had some ok-ish games in the Duke of York and Ashitaka. Makarov is still the only ship that I’m consistently having fun with these days. Roma and Musashi are going to have to do some heavy lifting in order to really rekindle my fire.

Members
2,202 posts
11,907 battles
27 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

I’m pretty burned out, so I didn’t play much. Had some ok-ish games in the Duke of York and Ashitaka. Makarov is still the only ship that I’m consistently having fun with these days. Roma and Musashi are going to have to do some heavy lifting in order to really rekindle my fire.

Makarov is weirdly fun, I agree.  Managed the NA dmg record in it this weekend, but lost due to an AFK scharn.

• Cool 1

Members
4,908 posts
8,211 battles

Been trying to get 75K XP after modifiers in a Bismark - had some good games Friday/Saturday but Sunday sucked.  Did have 2 of my best games ever in terms of damage Sunday at 157K and 154K damage (nope not unicum at all) but good games for me in general.    The 154K damage was in a loss thanks to a BB who decided caps were OP.

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
8,242 battles

Yea  Reymu I sorta took a break, especially from ranked. I was looking to playing since my wife is out of town. Watched a couple of good movies and surfed the forum. Might have played 10 rounds in 2 days. Took the Cesare and Texas out a couple of times to have "fun".

Sign in to follow this