You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Flynag86

Free Experience

15 comments in this topic

[78TH]
Members
29 posts
3,493 battles

So I would like to get the Missouri before she goes wy.  Unfortunately I will be short free xp even if I convert ll my ships free xp.  Is there a way I’m missing that allows you to buy free xp?

thanks

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts

Maybe. You can convert Elite Commander XP in to FXP as well but I'm guessing if you don't have enough regular ship XP to convert to FXP you probably don't have the elite either.

[O_O]
Members
4,941 posts
10,865 battles

Grind your elite ships to increase the XP you can convert.

I don't know how much Free XP and elite XP you currently have, or what your highest tier elite ships are, but that is probably your best option.  Generally speaking, it is easier to earn more XP with higher tier ships.  Then, of course, you will have to fork out some $$ to convert your elite XP to Free XP.

You still have some time.  Good luck!

[KARP]
Beta Testers
204 posts
6,881 battles

Get some or use any Papa, Papa signals you might have on some higher tier premium ships you might have. My go to ships for this are the Missouri (you sad you don't have it yet), Scharnhorst, Tirpitz or Alabama. If you are missing higher tier premium ships then anything you've got in that range will do almost as good a job. I believe 100x Papa, Papa signals is only a few dollars. So if you don't want to break the bank or deplete the doubloons you have that might be a cheaper route.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
4 minutes ago, SideByEach said:

Get some or use any Papa, Papa signals you might have on some higher tier premium ships you might have. My go to ships for this are the Missouri (you sad you don't have it yet), Scharnhorst, Tirpitz or Alabama. If you are missing higher tier premium ships then anything you've got in that range will do almost as good a job. I believe 100x Papa, Papa signals is only a few dollars. So if you don't want to break the bank or deplete the doubloons you have that might be a cheaper route.

I looked at his stats he does have an Alabama, that's what I'd use with the flags. You can get Papa Papa flags cheap in the Small Gift Santa crates, I got tons of them from those.

[SYN]
Members
7,216 posts
12,308 battles

Santa Boxes can give FXP (though that seems to be a rare drop) and they give dragon flags, many of which help grind out FXP.  But no, there is no direct way to buy FXP.

[PVE]
Members
13,852 posts
8,905 battles
22 minutes ago, Flynag86 said:

So I would like to get the Missouri before she goes wy.  Unfortunately I will be short free xp even if I convert ll my ships free xp.  Is there a way I’m missing that allows you to buy free xp?

thanks

Currently the $1 Santa boxes have 10,000 FXP as a drop, but there is the chance you won't get that and get something else instead. (Ninja'd) As mentioned below, Papa Papa flags would be the better buy.

12 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Grind your elite ships to increase the XP you can convert.

I don't know how much Free XP and elite XP you currently have, or what your highest tier elite ships are, but that is probably your best option.  Generally speaking, it is easier to earn more XP with higher tier ships.  Then, of course, you will have to fork out some $$ to convert your elite XP to Free XP.

You still have some time.  Good luck!

From what I understand, Missouri is to be replaced in patch 7.2. Patch 7.0 drops this week, so you may have a much as a month to grind some more.

4 minutes ago, SideByEach said:

Don't forget the Equal Speed Charlie London flags as I believe that is the one with the +50% XP bonus. Use any camo you have as well as I understand that FXP is calculated after all the bonuses are added to base XP.

Members
65 posts
750 battles

Yes, stock up on papa papa flags for cheap and put them on the ships you do the best with to maximize their effect. I am a newer player (few weeks) and the Missouri is well above my league right now as I am mostly in tier 4-6 ships but I do have a tier 8 DD from a santa crate which I've tried out and like how much silver and xp it earns so I've been playing it a bit more often. The small santa gifts can net you some free xp and plenty of the papa papa flags. I've done 3 of the 20 packs smalls and have gotten 450 Zulu flags (+20% credits), 350 papa papa flags (+300% free xp), and 90,000 free xp (9 drops out of the 30) amongst other things. But today is the last day I believe for the santa crates so act quickly if you choose to give it a try.

I believe we have until around Feb 15th to 20th before the Missouri sails away. You can find it on the bottom of the patch notes for the latest update, I believe the notes were released around Dec 20th or so and it says you have around 2 months before Missouri is gone so there you have it....grind grind grind.

[78TH]
Members
29 posts
3,493 battles

Thanks for all the help!  As it turns out I have 1.3 million in ships exp to use.  I was looking at the conversion vs the number of doubloons I own. I like the idea of getting the papa papa flags, on ‘ba a I can crank out the free exp.

[-K-]
Members
5,886 posts
10,020 battles

Anshan (100% FXP bonus w/camo) + Papa Papa (+300% FXP) + Ouroboros (777% FXP) flags generates a ton of FXP.

[CAST]
Members
1,444 posts
7,924 battles

You should be able to do it with some flags, as mentioned.  Grind your highest earning ships.  Might as well grind up a line at the same time.  Use XP flags and camo that earns XP bonuses, because FreeXP is a percentage of XP earned by the ship.  Then, with Papa Papa and Ouroboros, you get a multiplier on the higher value of XP which results in big FreeXP gains.  As an example, I was grinding my T8 Chapayev.  I applied my flags and was earning approximately 10000 XP and 5000 FreeXP for a win.  Based on 100 games, not all of them wins, you could earn over 300K of FreeXP.  If you are a better than average player, then that number will probably be higher.  So, it can be done with minimal cost.  Then if you still need to convert XP, do it for whatever is left to get.  The flags are much less expensive than the conversion cost of XP, except for the time requirement, but we play the game for fun, so is it really a cost?