Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
icehaddock

Chapayev in this season (#8) of ranked is great!

6 comments in this topic

[CANUK]
[CANUK]
Members
121 posts
7,546 battles

I do have to admit that I have played less ranked this season compared to previous two season.

However,  when I play, I'm in Russian cruiser Chapayev and it has performed way beyond expectations.  I have much better games with it in ranked compared to random.  The fact it has radar with 11+ km reach  makes it truly a great ship flushing out delete enemy DDs from caps.  There is just no way to avoid these very fast shells.  It also is an absolute pest to battleships at long ranges.  I have 14 point captain and spec it with IFHE

I think the reason why it performs better in ranked than in random is because of fewer ships (7 instead of 12)  which makes it easier to protect your ship and avoid crossfire.  After all it still remains glass cannon.

Wondering if other players here have similar experience with Chapayev in 8th season of ranked

Take care

Ice

Edited by icehaddock
grammar and syntac

Members
3,651 posts
6,959 battles

I have not played Chapayev in Ranked, but by playing Kutuzov and Mogami I can just imagine how good Chapayev can be.

Kutuzov have the utility(smoke), Mogami has good stealth, but none have both like the Chapayev have. I can just hope in several circumstances I can have the radar toolkit when the dds on my team derped or are not in a position to spot.

And of course, 152mm IFHE that made 203mm cruisers obsolete.

[NDA]
Supertester
5,257 posts
15,800 battles

I think I can speak for all the cap contesting Destroyers in Rank when I say, "I hate you Chapy pieces of junk. What with your 11k radar and squishy sides." 

Now I'll give the Chapy credit for being that Island hugging thorn in my side who keeps me off caps. But really you cruisers need to watch your self in open water because I'm getting tried of picking up your crew from their life rafts.  

[CANUK]
[CANUK]
Members
121 posts
7,546 battles

2 hours ago, RedSeaBear said:

I think I can speak for all the cap contesting Destroyers in Rank when I say, "I hate you Chapy pieces of junk. What with your 11k radar and squishy sides." 

Now I'll give the Chapy credit for being that Island hugging thorn in my side who keeps me off caps. But really you cruisers need to watch your self in open water because I'm getting tried of picking up your crew from their life rafts.  

LOL.  

[-BRS-]
Members
434 posts
14,337 battles

I have played all my 8's in ranked. I have not lost a battle in the Chapayev.

but then again, I do not have a lot of time to play

Sign in to follow this