You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Musashi Final Form Commentary - She's a Must Buy now...

213 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,646 posts
10,958 battles
1 minute ago, NeoRussia said:

I'm pretty sure Musashi is tied with Missouri for credit gain. I get 500k credits not including the costs in my average Yamato games because it's really easy to keep above 100k average games on Yamato, while Missouri I get many 30-40k damage games with the same amount of shell hits for roughly the same credit gain. 

Hmm I do not think so. I have both as well. I posted some results on the Musashi grind thread that top game which was 900k would have been more like 1.3 mil in a Missouri. I am pretty confident that it is about 70-80 percent of the Missouri.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,646 posts
10,958 battles

Do any of the stat sites out there track average credit earnings?

Alpha Tester
3,482 posts
1,522 battles
38 minutes ago, NeoRussia said:

I'm pretty sure Musashi is tied with Missouri for credit gain if not higher. I get 500k credits not including the costs in my average Yamato games because it's really easy to keep above 100k average games on Yamato, while Missouri I get many 30-40k damage games with the same amount of shell hits for roughly the same credit gain. 

Nope not even close.  Before Little White Mouse did her Musashi review, she collected alot of data on the Musashi earnings as compared to the Missouri and determined that the base earnings before service and reload is only 75% of what the Missouri earns and it is more expensive to service and reload.  She also mentioned its base earnings are only 12.5% greater than a Tier 8 premium which will have significantly less in terms of service and repair cost.  From discussion with her it seems the best guesstimate of NET earnings (after all service and repair costs) is right around what a Tier 8 premium would make which basically means there is no real financial benefit from buying the Musashi over say the Roma.  

Musashi will earn more XP and as a result more Free XP than a premium Tier 8 so there is at least that but it is really disappointing that WG curbed the credit earning potential of the ship so severely as compared to the Missouri.  I was expecting less based on preview info, just not 30% less.

So Missouri is a much better buy than the Musashi pretty much hands down and honestly I would say pretty much any Tier 8 premium BB is a better buy than the Musashi considering the pricing difference because no one is really earning the Musashi for free.  I am pretty disappointed to be honest. 

Edit:  Also from personal experience I recently had a match in my Musashi where I broke 206k damage, got confederate and a few other awards and it earned 600k credits while my Missouri had a match that managed 179k damage but with less in terms of awards and got over 1 million credits with the same flags.

[MIA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,435 posts
8,140 battles
3 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

Nope not even close.  Before Little White Mouse did her Musashi review, she collected alot of data on the Musashi earnings as compared to the Missouri and determined that the base earnings before service and reload is only 75% of what the Missouri earns and it is more expensive to service and reload.  She also mentioned its base earnings are only 12.5% greater than a Tier 8 premium which will have significantly less in terms of service and repair cost.  From discussion with her it seems the best guesstimate of NET earnings (after all service and repair costs) is right around what a Tier 8 premium would make which basically means there is no real financial benefit from buying the Musashi over say the Roma.  

Musashi will earn more XP and as a result more Free XP than a premium Tier 8 so there is at least that but it is really disappointing that WG curbed the credit earning potential of the ship so severely as compared to the Missouri.  I was expecting less based on preview info, just not 30% less.

So Missouri is a much better buy than the Musashi pretty much hands down and honestly I would say pretty much any Tier 8 premium BB is a better buy than the Musashi considering the pricing difference because no one is really earning the Musashi for free.  I am pretty disappointed to be honest. 

If you bothered to read her calculations it's based on the same combat results. Musashi and her sister are some of the best damage farmers in the game. Good luck keeping a 120k+ average in Missouri like you can with those ships. 

Members
255 posts
11 battles
12 minutes ago, NeoRussia said:

If you bothered to read her calculations it's based on the same combat results. Musashi and her sister are some of the best damage farmers in the game. Good luck keeping a 120k+ average in Missouri like you can with those ships. 

Missouri is targeting more DDs/CAs than Musashi, and therefore not needing the high average damage, to generate credits/xp. 

It is also not exactly clear, how the credits earning is calculated. 

Members
690 posts
836 battles
1 hour ago, paradat said:

Where does Prince Eugen stand with the Eagle camo, It was number 2 for a long time, It was number 1 before Missouri came out.

Well I don't know the exact numbers, but I'm pretty sure Prinz Eugen is now #4

Members
505 posts
9,342 battles

Been playing the Musashi for a few days now. Great ship against its own tier and below though sucks against tier 10, especially if there is a CV in the match. In a tier 10 match I'd almost prefer a tier 8 ship like a Bismarck over the tier 9 Musashi.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,646 posts
10,958 battles
1 hour ago, RealNewDeal said:

Well I don't know the exact numbers, but I'm pretty sure Prinz Eugen is now #4

So current opinion on Credits is 

#1 Missouri - no doubt

#2 Roma with beer can camo

#3 Musashi

#4 Prinz Eugen with the Eagle Camo.

Hmm looking forward to testing this next weekend.

Members
690 posts
836 battles
14 minutes ago, paradat said:

#1 Missouri - no doubt

#3 Musashi

That should be the case, at least what I know.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,646 posts
10,958 battles

OK would be nice if we had some data lol. WOT has all of that

[WOLF2]
Alpha Tester
144 posts
9,856 battles
5 hours ago, paradat said:

#1 Missouri - no doubt

#3 Musashi

Where is Kii? She has the camo Kobayashi camo too.

Members
690 posts
836 battles
36 minutes ago, Singleshot said:

Where is Kii? She has the camo Kobayashi camo too.

I'd prefer the Roma over Kii, more unique and better armor.