You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Musashi Final Form Commentary - She's a Must Buy now...

213 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
Members
19,741 posts
18,118 battles
2 minutes ago, MrSparkle said:

I've noticed previews are wrong and only show the stock configuration. I don't know why.

You are correct, but after several seconds the game updates and the "true" values show up.  I do this when I play CV and even as a DD to double check stealth values of competing DDs.

Once I get the info I need, then I hit the button to load into the match.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

Members
692 posts
836 battles
2 minutes ago, MrSparkle said:

I've noticed previews are wrong and only show the stock configuration. I don't know why.

No they are right, a friend can tell if a Bogue is AS or not by either the AA or artillery rating.

Members
433 posts
2 minutes ago, RealNewDeal said:

No they are right, a friend can tell if a Bogue is AS or not by either the AA or artillery rating.

I've noticed that it's only correct at the very end of that loading screen, otherwise it's showing the stock ship. By the time it shows the actual stats the screen disappears.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,071 posts
1,501 battles
4 hours ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

Incorrect. It is because of the Sigma. Overmatch shots are extremely rare.

WRONG.  So wrong.

Sorry but your clearly completely clueless. Mouse will have a GIF showing the difference and from one or two comments i've heard it dosen't sound like it's a huge difference. And given what we know Yamato is certainly not the most innately accurate BB out there. That title belongs to Montana, depending on Sigma effect MO, Iowa, Lion, and Conqueror may be competing with Montana and outpacing Yamato, (i suspect the accuracy module gives the US BB's and especially  Montana the edge but Conqueror would beat her without it).

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

Pretty excited for the eventual release of Musashi. 

Was debating on outfitting my Yamato once I get it partially for Secondaries. Now I'll probably build for full Main Battery for Yamato. 

Musashi for Full Secondaries. Sure the 155s are shooting AP. But I've managed to get a fair number of Citadels against Cruisers in my Mogami with AP and the ranges that you can push with secondaries out to is the same ranges; about 9km. Which for the most part is at the near maximum effective range for Cruisers attempting Torpedoes. Unless they're going for extreme range Torp launches. 

---

Anyways, has anyone run the numbers on Belt/side armour angle effectiveness of T7 cruisers VS 460mm of the Yamato? 

I know 406 can fail to penetrate a thick enough belt with the proper angling. Do any ships outside of BBs capable? 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,013 posts
11,310 battles
On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 6:36 AM, Edgecase said:

So I'm still not clear, are people saying Musashi doesn't print credits because its credit-earning coefficient is lower than Missouri's, because it doesn't do as much damage, or both? And if it's the former, where does the coefficient fall compared to tech tree, T8 premium (say Tirpitz), and Missouri?

We do not actually know but base on what I have seen I would say it is in between Tirpitz and Missouri. Second best credit earner in the game.

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,784 posts
3,702 battles
14 hours ago, NoZoupForYou said:

This is incorrect.  I have just been informed it will indeed be here tomorrow as long as the patch drops.

Ah, thanks for the correction. I wish they gave her 155s HE. Would've been one hell of a secondary brawl with 9x155 focused on a target lol

~Hunter

[MIA-P]
Members
2,173 posts
10,879 battles

Well, picked Musashi up this morning and had a go with her before I drove to work. The guns are quite accurate (read Missouri/Iowa accuracy) but I'm not the greatest shot with them-haven't gotten used to the trajectory.  Still got 2 kills and a win, though.  I think I'm going to enjoy this ship.

[-B-Z-]
Alpha Tester
715 posts
2,745 battles
On 1/15/2018 at 1:25 PM, NoZoupForYou said:

Not a bad idea.  Get MO now if you don’t have it.

I'm fortunate to already have the Mo. :)

Alpha Tester
3,483 posts
1,556 battles
On 1/16/2018 at 4:35 PM, paradat said:

We do not actually know but base on what I have seen I would say it is in between Tirpitz and Missouri. Second best credit earner in the game.

Nope, your stretching it here.  She earns just about the same as a Tier 8 premium really no more or no less.  The actual 2nd place earner is the Roma when equipped with the Fuggly beer can camo.  +20% to earnings and -50% to service fees easily put the Roma into the 2nd place slot behind the Missouri.  

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
742 posts
5,607 battles
On 1/15/2018 at 6:13 AM, NoZoupForYou said:

Yes, yes...  we all now know about the issue with the Musashi and CCs.  I might be one of the few that doesn't really care.

Honestly, as CCs, we all have the chance to ask questions and gain information in our own CC discord chat.  The more we hang around or take part, the more we know.  I've never felt that we have been given a lack of info by WG.  Last minute changes have always happened.  In this case the XP wasn't a change even.   Someone ran with wrong unconfirmed info.  It's that simple.  But I digress.  

This video is merely my views on Musashi as she will be released and my belief that this iteration is worth it.  The one before wasn't.

OH look, imagine that. Another 'Community Contributor'.

That did not buy the ship.

That is telling everyone to buy it as a 'must buy'.

That does not even admit to its many glaring flaws. (Slow as molasses in December going up hill pulling a semi, steers even worse, No secondaries, obscenely bad AA, will see tier Xs regularly, no radar, etc etc etc.)

That will also be the most expensive ship in the game to buy.

Gee, anyone remember that dustup I had with Mouse? Pffft.   At least Mouse was honest enough to say up front 'This ship has lots of issues even if Im gonna say its OP'.

This is why I dont subscribe to Zoup.  I find far too many of his vids to be, well, laughable.  Im guessing he's workin overtime to maintain that pink status under his name? (Also, where have I seen that smoke-blown intro before? Aside of, yknow, smoke being blown.......... )

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,478 posts
12,810 battles

Wow.  Ship is overpowered, and a CC is telling people they should buy it and you bash him?  really?  I must channel TalonV and post:

Levy5W6.jpg

[Y0L0]
Members
9,650 posts
12,275 battles

musashi isn't that far from yammy in terms of effectivness.  I took on  both monty and yammy and killed them both     (and i did lol pen  through nose for  citadel the monty 2x)     it is frankly OP.   

shot-18.01.22_19.35.01-0769.jpg

Beta Testers
303 posts
8,267 battles
On 1/16/2018 at 7:41 AM, KaptainKaybe said:

1.8 sigma is still good for IJN BBs specifically. The drop in center aim accuracy just means a few less dev strikes, but because IJN BB dispersion is so damn tight to start with, even shots that don't hit dead center will still tend to hit a broadsiding BB or large cruiser. Its why IJN BBs are such potent rear support damage dealers. It's also why Fuso and Kii, with their 1.5 and 1.7 sigmas, are still high damage monsters at their tiers.

This is in direct contrast with German BBs who's max dispersion is so high, you reeeeeaaally feel how inaccurate those guns are at longer ranges. And it's why the tier 9/10 11% dispersion reducing mod is such a game changer for high tier USN BBs.

So much fantasy ... Have you actually played German BBs or Musashi? Musashi will consistently miss a broadside Missouri at 20 km with full salvo (shells will land in the water in front and behind the target from your point of view). It's about as accurate as Bismarck at this range but id doesn't have the speed, maneuverability and awesome secondaries to allow it to get into close quarters brawling range.

[WOLF2]
Alpha Tester
144 posts
9,965 battles
19 minutes ago, BunnyHerd said:

So much fantasy ... Have you actually played German BBs or Musashi? Musashi will consistently miss a broadside Missouri at 20 km with full salvo (shells will land in the water in front and behind the target from your point of view). It's about as accurate as Bismarck at this range but id doesn't have the speed, maneuverability and awesome secondaries to allow it to get into close quarters brawling range.

ah, I see the problem ..... that is 20km.

Members
30 posts
12,460 battles

I have really enjoyed her and have been racking up some good damage. I'm a bb player mostly and she is very comfortable to play . All ships will have issues out to 20km or I should say with dispersion and aim .

Beta Testers
303 posts
8,267 battles
24 minutes ago, Singleshot said:

ah, I see the problem ..... that is 20km.

Scoring at least one hit at that range is not a problem for (say) Amagi or Fuso (to stick with the IJN BBs). Not a single hit, multiple salvos fired at a clueless opponent going in a straight line, all shells landing in the right direction, just in front and behind the target from my perspective (off toboth of  his sides from his perspective).

Besides what's the point of having 26 km gun range if you can't score a hit at less than 80% the maximum gun range (where shells shouldn't land at such a steep angle as they do at the very edge of their range)?

[DRACS]
Members
4,429 posts

First off, yes, I have a GK and play German BB and cruisers quite regularly.

Second ... getting solid hits on a target 20km with BB guns is very very difficult, no matter the line. The exception is the Yamato itself due to her having the best sigma in the whole game. But Fusos or even Amagis hitting targets at those ranges is pure luck. No one expects that to work reliably. The range is just there so you have the ability to shoot on the off chance you'll score a hit. And if your whole strategy revolves around staying at max range and sniping, you may wish to reconsider that approach.

Note: I by no means state Musashi is anywhere as accurate as Yamato. If she had Yamato accuracy, *at tier 9*, she'd be grooooossly OP.

[MIA]
2,485 posts
8,156 battles
2 hours ago, Kebobstuzov said:

Musashi sucks. Plain and simple.

Yes, please move her down to tier 8 where she belongs.

• Funny 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,013 posts
11,310 battles
12 hours ago, Midnitewolf said:

Nope, your stretching it here.  She earns just about the same as a Tier 8 premium really no more or no less.  The actual 2nd place earner is the Roma when equipped with the Fuggly beer can camo.  +20% to earnings and -50% to service fees easily put the Roma into the 2nd place slot behind the Missouri.  

Hmm really? Well if Roma earns more than Musashi I can not wait to get my hands on it. I might even be willing to put up that beer can. 

[Y0L0]
Members
9,650 posts
12,275 battles

you will get hits at 20km with high tier botes.    doesn't mean you will be super effective with many of them,  but  you will get some .     hindy on other hand is pretty effective with range mod.   I swapped it from rof mod and it became more comfy bote in current sniping meta.  

Members
692 posts
836 battles
18 minutes ago, paradat said:

Hmm really? Well if Roma earns more than Musashi I can not wait to get my hands on it. I might even be willing to put up that beer can. 

Roma and Kii are tied for second place, but only with the respective Kobayashi camos. the 2 earn 12.5 percent less with regular camos but with the Kobayashi camos they earn 7.5% more approximately. You get used to the beer can, and can make plenty of jokes about it. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,013 posts
11,310 battles
6 minutes ago, RealNewDeal said:

Roma and Kii are tied for second place, but only with the respective Kobayashi camos. the 2 earn 12.5 percent less with regular camos but with the Kobayashi camos they earn 7.5% more approximately. You get used to the beer can, and can make plenty of jokes about it. 

Where does Prince Eugen stand with the Eagle camo, It was number 2 for a long time, It was number 1 before Missouri came out.

[MIA]
2,485 posts
8,156 battles
27 minutes ago, paradat said:

I'm pretty sure Musashi is tied with Missouri for credit gain if not higher. I get 500k credits not including the costs in my average Yamato games because it's really easy to keep above 100k average games on Yamato, while Missouri I get many 30-40k damage games with the same amount of shell hits for roughly the same credit gain.