Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Musashi Final Form Commentary - She's a Must Buy now...

213 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,720
[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,576 posts
5,345 battles
13 minutes ago, Ulthwey said:

I highly disagree with many things you mentioned, but everybody has their own opinion.

How so?  I’m just curious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
525
[MIA-P]
Members
2,161 posts
10,794 battles
6 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

I do forsee a tier 8 impact, but not enough that it'd be unplayable. Considering how often my tier 8s get dumped into T10. I don't know where you get the "not nearly as often as T9" thing from, because that doesn't line up with my experience.

T8 is +/- 2, right? That means that most games they will see T9. They won't always see T10, or if they do, there generally won't be as many T10's as T9's in said battle. So T8 will see more T9's than T10's.  That's my reasoning.  But yeah, it won't be unplayable, I agree.

Edited by thegamefilmguruman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,953
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,367 posts
3,895 battles

Fair enough. I'm solidly in the "Will not be a game-breaking paradigm shift" camp, either way. There's just so much hyperbole, overreaction, and "sky is falling" going on about Musashi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
525
[MIA-P]
Members
2,161 posts
10,794 battles
4 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

Fair enough. I'm solidly in the "Will not be a game-breaking paradigm shift" camp, either way. There's just so much hyperbole, overreaction, and "sky is falling" going on about Musashi.

Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,720
[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,576 posts
5,345 battles
13 minutes ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

Agreed.

Even I agree with that.  Playing this type of Ship is an acquired taste and takes deliberate thinking. You can still basically only go forward or reverse :p

Edited by NoZoupForYou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
608
[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,169 posts
5,595 battles

Musashi takes a tier 9 slot that might otherwise have gone to an Izumo. Let that sink in.

 

Honestly secondaries and AA on the Musashi is situational. Her guns, health, and armor on the other hand  will always be present and utilized.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
3,483 posts
1,556 battles

Making better than a Tier 9 non-premium as No Zoup mentions the Musashi can do isn't really the question.  The question is how is the income is compared to a really good Tier 8 premium.  For example I tend to do exceptionally well in my Tirpitz and honestly can nearly match my Missouri earnings fairly often.  I know this has alot to do with me doing exceptionally well in the Tirpitz while sucking with the Missouri (Me and Mo don't get along very well), but from my perspective that doesn't leave alot of wiggle room for the Musashi to actually make less than the Missouri.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,091
[BBICT]
Members
3,573 posts
3,720 battles

Thanks for all you do Zoup man! You and I agree on many many things...but I'd be passing even if I had that much XP. Why? Other than the Itchi, and the ARP Kongo I have no IJN BBs, and don't plan to. But those strange French BBs? THAT I would burn XP on... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
184
[LOS]
Members
634 posts
9,471 battles
1 hour ago, AraAragami said:

Fair enough. I'm solidly in the "Will not be a game-breaking paradigm shift" camp, either way. There's just so much hyperbole, overreaction, and "sky is falling" going on about Musashi.

Totally agree.  Most of us 'taters ain't gonna notice at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
60
[WHB]
Beta Testers
274 posts
3,347 battles
48 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

Musashi takes a tier 9 slot that might otherwise have gone to an Izumo. Let that sink in.

This, totally this. And that's why I want the Musashi. A Yammie in a tier nine slot. Even if bottom tiered, you are still essentially a top tier ship.

I plan to player in the mid field where there is usually cruiser support. So lack of AA won't be as much of an issue. And the closer you get, the less her lower sigma effects grouping size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,953
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,367 posts
3,895 battles
5 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

@NoZoupForYouhow bad will this be if it came face to face with a Myoko?

I can field this: Exactly the same as if Myoko ran into Missouri, Izumo, Iowa, or (42cm) Frederich der Grosse.

 

There is only one bit of armor that is overmatched by Musashi that is not overmatched by these other four ships-- and its location means that aiming for it is both impractical and won't have any real meaningful effect anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,079
[EGO]
Members
3,447 posts

Musashi will be very powerful for a T9. That much health and armor with those guns will be formidable. If you already have the Missouri and Yamato I think it is worth picking up. If you don't have both of those ships it seems you should get them first.

I am surprised WG thinks the credit earning is what is broke on the Missouri when it is clearly the Radar.

I've only watched videos of the Musashi but it's guns are definitely substantially less accurate than Yamato. The other issue is in any CV game you're going to have a giant neon sign above your boat saying sink me first. Yamato AA isn't exactly impressive, especially now that we have to deal with the SuperMidway, but at least it has some. Even though CV games are infrequent I would want a Des Moines or Minotaur to queue up with if I played the Musashi.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,720
[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,576 posts
5,345 battles
1 hour ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Thanks for all you do Zoup man! You and I agree on many many things...but I'd be passing even if I had that much XP. Why? Other than the Itchi, and the ARP Kongo I have no IJN BBs, and don't plan to. But those strange French BBs? THAT I would burn XP on... 

Hey man...  no prob.  IJN BBs are an acquired taste. Not every one will want it.  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
526
[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,062 posts
1,501 battles
1 hour ago, Midnitewolf said:

Making better than a Tier 9 non-premium as No Zoup mentions the Musashi can do isn't really the question.  The question is how is the income is compared to a really good Tier 8 premium.  For example I tend to do exceptionally well in my Tirpitz and honestly can nearly match my Missouri earnings fairly often.  I know this has alot to do with me doing exceptionally well in the Tirpitz while sucking with the Missouri (Me and Mo don't get along very well), but from my perspective that doesn't leave alot of wiggle room for the Musashi to actually make less than the Missouri.  

 

Not the only tirp lover who has issues with her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
3,483 posts
1,556 battles
3 hours ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Thanks for all you do Zoup man! You and I agree on many many things...but I'd be passing even if I had that much XP. Why? Other than the Itchi, and the ARP Kongo I have no IJN BBs, and don't plan to. But those strange French BBs? THAT I would burn XP on... 

You know ironically the fact you don't have IJN BBs and don't plan to ever grind them actually is toward the top of my reasons to actually buy the Musashi.  IJN BBs aren't at the top of my list of lines I want to grind so getting the Musashi is a way for me to get a Yamato or near enough without having to grind the entire line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,991
[INTEL]
Members
9,803 posts
27,863 battles
19 hours ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

Musashi will be very powerful for a T9. That much health and armor with those guns will be formidable. If you already have the Missouri and Yamato I think it is worth picking up. If you don't have both of those ships it seems you should get them first.

I am surprised WG thinks the credit earning is what is broke on the Missouri when it is clearly the Radar.

BINGO. Radar on BBs was a really bad idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
3,483 posts
1,556 battles
44 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

BINGO. Radar on BBs was a really bad idea. 

I think radar in general is a bad idea.   Though if it didn't just magically allow you to see behind islands, maybe I wouldn't have so much of an issue with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
576
[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
6 hours ago, NoZoupForYou said:

How so?  I’m just curious.

Its going to be OP as hell in the form that its currently in - nobody is suggesting otherwise. However .... that being said, this thing is going to be nothing more than an overgrown punching bag.

My main problem with this ship is that it lacks any form of utility. Big HP pool and big guns - that's it, that's all this ship has going for it. To compensate for these 2 things, every single thing on the ship is nerfed. It essentially just a big roadblock on the map that's going to attract HE and torps like no tomorrow.

Also, cant discount the fact that with this ship a player is paying 750k free xp for a ship that is essentially a nerfed Yami with ever so slightly better matchmaking. Most of the matches are going to be 8-X, fairly few will include tier 7 in terms of proportion. Paying such a heavy cost to get a ship that plays like a Yami ... when you can just get the Yami, and unlock the entire IJN BB tech tree in the process for the price.

I hate to see this ship being reduced to this, even though I can't really imagine it being put into the game in any other form.

Edited by Ulthwey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
444
[YAN]
Members
1,648 posts
8,005 battles
8 hours ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

It's a question of whether or not the ship is worth it. Would you rather be a ungimped Yamato, or a gimped yamato?

I would rather have the Musashi over the Yamato.

And I have 510 Games in Yamato and its permacamo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
692 posts
836 battles

One thing people fail to realize is for the first month Musashi will have a big intimidation factor, and will also get focused liked crazy. Everyone is gonna go "O shirt a Musashi, focus him down now" Even with the durability of a Yamato a whole team hoinh after you is a death sentence, and if a Skillway is present then all you can do is pray.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,160
[DRACS]
Members
4,331 posts

1.8 sigma is still good for IJN BBs specifically. The drop in center aim accuracy just means a few less dev strikes, but because IJN BB dispersion is so damn tight to start with, even shots that don't hit dead center will still tend to hit a broadsiding BB or large cruiser. Its why IJN BBs are such potent rear support damage dealers. It's also why Fuso and Kii, with their 1.5 and 1.7 sigmas, are still high damage monsters at their tiers.

This is in direct contrast with German BBs who's max dispersion is so high, you reeeeeaaally feel how inaccurate those guns are at longer ranges. And it's why the tier 9/10 11% dispersion reducing mod is such a game changer for high tier USN BBs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
526
[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,062 posts
1,501 battles
8 minutes ago, Ulthwey said:

Its going to be OP as hell in the form that its currently in - nobody is suggesting otherwise. However .... that being said, this thing is going to be nothing more than an overgrown punching bag.

My main problem with this ship is that it lacks any form of utility. Big HP pool and big guns - that's it, that's all this ship has going for it. To compensate for these 2 things, every single thing on the ship is nerfed. It essentially just a big roadblock on the map that's going to attract HE and torps like no tomorrow.

Also, cant discount the fact that with this ship a player is paying 750k free xp for a ship that is essentially a nerfed Yami with ever so slightly better matchmaking. Most of the matches are going to be 8-X, fairly few will include tier 7 in terms of proportion. Paying such a heavy cost to get a ship that plays like a Yami ... when you can just get the Yami, and unlock the entire IJN BB tech tree in the process for the price.

I hate to see this ship being reduced to this, even though I can't really imagine it being put into the game in any other form.

 

 

Except.... ...wait for it.... ...460mm guns with near Yamato accuracy and actual yamato RoF. I've pointed this out repeatedly but compared to the other T10's Yamato has terrible firepower. But that overmatch fully compensates for it, it also compensates for the weakest AAA in tier, the highest citadel, and not especially amazing secondaries, (they're not bad, just not amazing like some ships it faces).

 

At the end of the day Musashi has tier for tier the best armour, the best health and the best gunpower of ANY T9 BB in her buffed form. She's going to ride roughshod over anything in her path given half a chance.

 

And this has been explained to you repeatedly so i have no idea why you keep trying to perpetuate this myth.

 

Just now, KaptainKaybe said:

1.8 sigma is still good for IJN BBs specifically. The drop in center aim accuracy just means a few less dev strikes, but because IJN BB dispersion is so damn tight to start with, even shots that don't hit dead center will still tend to hit a broadsiding BB or large cruiser. Its why IJN BBs are such potent rear support damage dealers. It's also why Fuso and Kii, with their 1.5 and 1.7 sigmas, are still high damage monsters at their tiers.

This is in direct contrast with German BBs who's max dispersion is so high, you reeeeeaaally feel how inaccurate those guns are at longer ranges. And it's why the tier 9/10 11% dispersion reducing mod is such a game changer for high tier USN BBs.

 

IJN BB's have the worst vertical dispersion in game by a massive margin, i suspect the US are more accurate and i'm certain the brits are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
444
[YAN]
Members
1,648 posts
8,005 battles
7 minutes ago, Carl said:

 

 

Except.... ...wait for it.... ...460mm guns with near Yamato accuracy and actual yamato RoF. I've pointed this out repeatedly but compared to the other T10's Yamato has terrible firepower. But that overmatch fully compensates for it, it also compensates for the weakest AAA in tier, the highest citadel, and not especially amazing secondaries, (they're not bad, just not amazing like some ships it faces).

The overmatch really doest happen much in Yamato, its a very overstated thing and really doest justify her having trash AA and the highest citadel. The 2.1Sigma on the other hand..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×