You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Musashi Final Form Commentary - She's a Must Buy now...

213 comments in this topic

[MIA-P]
Members
2,150 posts
10,736 battles
7 minutes ago, jason199506 said:

first, is sigma linear?

then i get that musashi needs to be nerf to not be game-breaking-OP at T9, but i hate uncontrollable guns.....

i mean, izumo and fredrich are already driving me nuts with their 1.8 sigma, i'd honestly prefer 35sec/2.1 over 30sec/1.8

First, sigma is not linear. It refers to the Gaussian distribution of shots closer to the center point of aim in a given dispersion elipse. Musashi has Yamato's dispersion, but 1.8 sigma, this gives her better than Missouri accuracy, which is worse dispersion and 1.9 sigma.  In other words, possibly the most accurate T9 BB. FDG has garbage dispersion to begin with, so even with 2.1 sigma, it would still be bad.
H5Zlyn7.png

Edited by thegamefilmguruman
  • Cool 3

[WOLF1]
Members
619 posts
12,996 battles
13 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I don't know, but it seems to me that, except for wanting the Missouri for completeness or historicity or you want an Iowa class BB named Missouri, etc., what's the point of getting the Missouri unless it prints credits?  After all, you could get the Alabama for a whole lot less money (if you were buying the gold for free XP conversion) and probably have just as good a trainer.  Sure, I suppose that they could make a T9 premium into an awesome trainer if it had a large commander's XP bonus, rather than a high credits earning coefficient.  Regardless, it seems like, given either the real money cost or the extreme amount of free XP required to get it for free, tier 9 free XP premium ships need to have some sort of benefit that goes above and beyond those of otherwise regular premiums at tier 8 or below.

It just seems to me that a  big draw for the Missouri was its credit earning potential.  At least it was that way for me.

For Missouri its muh Radar and for Musashi its muh LOL PENN.  Gimmicks is what I see for the future in this game as each new patch drops,, all the while disrupting any sense of balance that was once left in this game.  Tech tree ships getting owned by premiums and powercrept along the way.  Enjoy this game while you can folks, the dark days have not even begun to be seen yet.

Alpha Tester
3,482 posts
1,522 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I don't know, but it seems to me that, except for wanting the Missouri for completeness or historicity or you want an Iowa class BB named Missouri, etc., what's the point of getting the Missouri unless it prints credits?  After all, you could get the Alabama for a whole lot less money (if you were buying the gold for free XP conversion) and probably have just as good a trainer.  Sure, I suppose that they could make a T9 premium into an awesome trainer if it had a large commander's XP bonus, rather than a high credits earning coefficient.  Regardless, it seems like, given either the real money cost or the extreme amount of free XP required to get it for free, tier 9 free XP premium ships need to have some sort of benefit that goes above and beyond those of otherwise regular premiums at tier 8 or below.

It just seems to me that a  big draw for the Missouri was its credit earning potential.  At least it was that way for me.

I agree.  One of the big reasons I wanted the Musashi was because I wanted to use it to replace my Missouri as a credit earner.  You see me and Missouri just don't get along and I tend to struggle with it for some unknown reason.  For that reason I am more than a little disappointed that I keep hearing and seeing that Musashi isn't going to earn the same type of credits.  

Additionally, I already have the Ichizuchi, Mutsu and Kii so don't need a captain trainer so the only thing left is for Collectors reasons <sigh>.

I am probably still going to pick up the Musashi for the collectors reasons now that it is confirmed at 750k free XP but wish there was more to it.

[MIA-P]
Members
2,150 posts
10,736 battles
3 minutes ago, Sanguedolce said:

So get Missouri still for credits it looks like

Indeed, Missouri will still make more credits. Musashi will make good credits, but not Missouri credits as far as we know.

• Cool 1

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,130 posts
6,440 battles
19 minutes ago, knice_destroyer said:

For Missouri its muh Radar and for Musashi its muh LOL PENN.  Gimmicks is what I see for the future in this game as each new patch drops,, all the while disrupting any sense of balance that was once left in this game.  Tech tree ships getting owned by premiums and powercrept along the way.  Enjoy this game while you can folks, the dark days have not even begun to be seen yet.

Biggest caliber guns ever put on a warship. Offcourse it shouldn’t bounce on a Nagato, Colorado, KGV, DoY, Gneisenau, Scharnhorst or Nelson... It’s a Yamato class Battleship! The emperor won’t take less!

Going to have fun with tier 7 dinghy MM ^^:Smile_hiding:

• Bad 1

[SIMP]
Members
1,205 posts

If she's anything like her sister ship Yamato, she'll be sad disappointment.

Overhyped meh performance guns on a bloated floating citadel.

Missouri is a MUCH better ship overall.

Edited by capncrunch21
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
1 hour ago, Edgecase said:

So I'm still not clear, are people saying Musashi doesn't print credits because its credit-earning coefficient is lower than Missouri's, because it doesn't do as much damage, or both? And if it's the former, where does the coefficient fall compared to tech tree, T8 premium (say Tirpitz), and Missouri?

Flamu's video from a day or so ago said he asked WG exactly this and they wouldn't confirm or deny anything about the credit coefficient but he showed that earns far less than a Missouri.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,062 posts
1,501 battles
15 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

No.  It needs to be that way.  If you take a Yammie exact clone into a T7 round bad things happen.  Very bad things.

Yeaaah. Winces.

Just now, jason199506 said:

first, is sigma linear?

then i get that musashi needs to be nerf to not be game-breaking-OP at T9, but i hate uncontrollable guns.....

i mean, izumo and fredrich are already driving me nuts with their 1.8 sigma, i'd honestly prefer 35sec/2.1 over 30sec/1.8

I hope one day to do some testing, but no promises when that will bem, probably be about 6 months minimum. Mouse may have allready done it though knowing her. She's as much a detail nut as me, hence why i allways wait for her reviews, (no offense,zoup i value all opinions generally speaking, i can usually even learn somthing from Flamu, his style just rubs me wrong).

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,947 posts

Was going to buy myself the Nelson for Christmas, but got the Duke of York both in the mission and paid for it (2 accounts)

So I now have the Hood and frosty Duke of York at T7...   no need Nelson. 

Already have Missouri which came in quite handy churning credits during the snowflake campaign.

So 584753 Free XP and growing...

So happy I don't have to take it to 900K

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
1 minute ago, AVR_Project said:

Was going to buy myself the Nelson for Christmas, but got the Duke of York both in the mission and paid for it (2 accounts)

So I now have the Hood and frosty Duke of York at T7...   no need Nelson. 

Already have Missouri which came in quite handy churning credits during the snowflake campaign.

So 584753 Free XP and growing...

So happy I don't have to take it to 900K

I got one, you're not missing anything. I wish I got a Missouri months ago.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,352 battles
43 minutes ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

First, sigma is not linear. It refers to the Gaussian distribution of shots closer to the center point of aim in a given dispersion elipse. Musashi has Yamato's dispersion, but 1.8 sigma, this gives her better than Missouri accuracy, which is worse dispersion and 1.9 sigma.  In other words, possibly the most accurate T9 BB. FDG has garbage dispersion to begin with, so even with 2.1 sigma, it would still be bad.
H5Zlyn7.png

Interesting explanation. i have always been curious on Sigma and how it affects the ships since people seem to make a huge deal about even the slightest change (Cesare and Roma's 0.1 change).Though i feel like this is a bit bear bones on it (not a criticism just a point of note) so @LittleWhiteMouse since you probably know the most about this; How much does sigma really affect a ship? or more importantly, Where is it most detrimental? at short or long range?

[MIA-P]
Members
2,150 posts
10,736 battles
2 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Interesting explanation. i have always been curious on Sigma and how it affects the ships since people seem to make a huge deal about even the slightest change (Cesare and Roma's 0.1 change).Though i feel like this is a bit bear bones on it (not a criticism just a point of note) so @LittleWhiteMouse since you probably know the most about this; How much does sigma really affect a ship? or more importantly, Where is it most detrimental? at short or long range?

There's a better explanation in this reddit post (where I got the graph).  Hope you find it helpful:

Edited by thegamefilmguruman
  • Cool 2

[-I-]
Members
721 posts
9,082 battles

In a BB heavy meta, Musashi's a good option.  If you run into a CV, RIP.  She won't be as good at deleting cruisers as Montana or Yamato though.  Glad I got my MO, she prints credits.  Yet to be seen if Musashi will match it in credit grinding.  Given the "nerfed tech tree ship one tier lower" thread they've been following with IJN premium BB's, might as well get Musashi and not bother with any others in the future.  Mutsu was good, Kii is meh and Ashitaka, well I've yet to see a single one in randoms since it came out.

[MIA-P]
Members
2,150 posts
10,736 battles
8 minutes ago, Chuck_Wiggles said:

and Ashitaka, well I've yet to see a single one in randoms since it came out.

I seem to have done better than you.  I think I've spotted two of them. :Smile_teethhappy:

[LOS]
Members
632 posts
9,367 battles

saw one literally last random    died quick   nice camo though

2 minutes ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

I seem to have done better than you.  I think I've spotted two of them. :Smile_teethhappy:

[MIA-P]
Members
2,150 posts
10,736 battles
2 minutes ago, Chuck_Wiggles said:

Wonder if those are the only two on the server :Smile_sceptic:

Well, there're supposedly 174 players with one game in it on all servers, 110 on NA.  Of those 110, only 53 have played 5 or more games, 30 with 10 or more, and 5 with 25 or more.  So more or less.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,834 posts
8,347 battles
20 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

The article that @thegamefilmguruman provided will give you an idea of what sigma does.  The missing piece of the puzzle is that each battleship has very different dispersion patterns.  So while sigma will dictate where it's more likely that shells will land within a dispersion field, without knowing what the dispersion field looks like going by sigma alone is pretty useless.  Defining ship accuracy is measured upon four factors:

• Sigma -- This is a known stat.  Thanks to datamining, we know this stats for every ship in the game.
  • Horizontal Dispersion -- This is a known stat.  It's published in port.  This defines how far to the left or right a shell will stray. This scales linearly with range and for battleship lines, (almost) all ships will conform to the same horizontal dispersion pattern within a given tech tree.  So (almost) all Japanese battleships will have the same horizontal dispersion at 5km / 10km / 15km.  This can be modified by dispersion reducing upgrades Aiming Systems Modification 0, Aiming System Modification 1 and Artillery Plotting Room Modification 2.  This can be increased by shooting at targets wearing disruption camouflage.
  • Vertical Dispersion -- This is an unknown stat.  There have been efforts to datamine it (unsuccessfully).  This defines how far forward and backwards a shell will stray.  It is largely tied to muzzle velocity (a known stat) and shell drag (a known stat).  The faster a shell is traveling, the larger the vertical dispersion field.  This value combined with Horizontal Dispersion, will define the dispersion area at a given range.
  • Shell Fall Angle -- Tied to vertical dispersion, the angle of a shell fall can affect how accurate a gun feels.  Compared to the other three, this is the most minor trait.  If a shell fall angle is shallow, even with a very large vertical dispersion field, it's possible for the shell to clip the target.  If the shell fall angle is very steep, then even a near miss on the vertical axis will ensure that shell does not clip the 'shadow' of the ship.

Without knowing vertical dispersion, we can't accurately say which ship is most accurate within a given tier.  I'm currently in the process of mapping out all of the tier 9 battleship dispersion fields (with accuracy mods installed) for 15km with 180 shells fired from each.  It will be published with my Musashi review.

Whew.  A lot of work going into this review, lemme tell you...

• Cool 9

[-I-]
Members
721 posts
9,082 battles
5 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Whew.  A lot of work going into this review, lemme tell you...

Looking forward to it, as always.  :Smile_great:

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,013 posts
4,848 battles

TBH the Free XP I would use to get this I could skip to the Yamato and have better AA. The idea of clubbing 7's with a Yammy is okay I guess...but I'd rather have the better AA and secondaries.

Cuz naked Yammy just worries me. 

• Cool 1