You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
New_Horizontal

Tear Of The Players reworked

41 comments in this topic

[CVMMP]
Members
287 posts
896 battles

Here we go 
I guess this is from dev blogs since I picked this pic some someone who shared it in reddit discord 
Imagine new TotD in epicenter mode 
:cap_wander:

ToTd.png

oops
that one is edited for lol so I put genuine one below.

totds.png

Edited by New_Horizontal
  • Funny 1

[MIA-P]
Members
686 posts
6,875 battles

I like how there's a CV on each team, even though this is a high tier map. It's good to be aspirational, WG!

In all seriousness, this is a much needed change. Even though it makes this map fairly similar in gameplay to a lot of other maps (Big Race, Fault Line, Shards, Neighbors, Hotspot, Ice Islands and The Atlantic), in that it's two islanded areas on either side with a big area of open ocean in the middle, where one island chain has lots of small islands and the other has a few big ones. Players will react to this just like they do on all the other maps: two smaller corridor battles around each island chain, followed by a final battle across the open middle. But at least it's a proven concept.

Edited by senseNOTmade
Cuz' typo is typed increctly

[SPTR]
Members
26,812 posts
13,687 battles

its interesting to say the least, better than what it is currently

[SYN]
Members
15,366 posts
12,506 battles

I don't see why they needed to move the islands around.

[SALVO]
Members
22,012 posts
22,426 battles
1 hour ago, New_Horizontal said:

Here we go 
I guess this is from dev blogs since I picked this pic some someone who shared it in reddit discord 
Imagine new TotD in epicenter mode 
:cap_wander:

totds.png

2 things.

1. I don't mind the tweaks to the island locations.  At least, I have no reason for seeing them as a problem, though it's always possible that with game play experience there might be one.  But I'll be optimistic and hope that the tweaked island layout is a good thing.

2. The new spawn locations are exactly what I've been calling for, for some time.  Moving the spawns to the NE and SW prevents those lines of islands from being used as walls from which to shoot behind.  I can also see this map having domination and epicenter variants as well. 

[CHASE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,946 posts
11,380 battles

The issue with tears of the desert is the northern spawn is far superior and has 3 locations you can hide behind and stealth fire from behind at all 3 caps while the southern spawn has islands so tall even orbital usn DD acrs don't have a chance of clearing them.

Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,752 posts
4,838 battles

am I the only one that hate the reworked island of lce map? I rather have the old one back

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
22,012 posts
22,426 battles
3 minutes ago, centarina said:

why does everyone hate this map?  i never found it to be that bad.  

The way the islands around the center are laid out relative to the spawns turns them into "walls" which people use to limit who can shoot at them.  It creates a rather campy play style on the map as it currently exists.

[SALVO]
Members
22,012 posts
22,426 battles
21 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

am I the only one that hate the reworked island of lce map? I rather have the old one back

10000% Agree.  The original Islands of Ice map was VASTLY better than either of the replacements.  I loved the ice floes region in the SE.  It felt so natural, compared to so many of the other island choked maps.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,703 posts
12,113 battles
20 minutes ago, centarina said:

For me it is only when it is epicenter. Standard and domination are fine.

[Y0L0]
Members
9,917 posts
14,088 battles

people make too big a deal with epicenter.  just need 1 dd or ship to hold 2 ring and play as normal.    i ignore the ring and play normally anyway unless i am in DD, and even then I may still ignore it.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,071 posts
1,501 battles
1 hour ago, MrDeaf said:

I don't see why they needed to move the islands around.

More width for ships to use as cover.

Just now, centarina said:

Because majority of both teams camp behind islands meaning you need over 20km rnage to hit anything.

Just now, centarina said:

people make too big a deal with epicenter.  just need 1 dd or ship to hold 2 ring and play as normal.    i ignore the ring and play normally anyway unless i am in DD, and even then I may still ignore it.

Then your normal play must really suck, and you must not play many shorter ranged cruiser much. Try playing an Atago on this, (as an example), when neither team will willingly get within 20km of each other a sub 15km max rnage because a real issue because you have to be out ahead of your own DD's to even be in rnage of anything.

Also about damm time, *cries*.

[Y0L0]
Members
9,917 posts
14,088 battles
Just now, Carl said:

More width for ships to use as cover.

Because majority of both teams camp behind islands meaning you need over 20km rnage to hit anything.

Then your normal play must really suck, and you must not play many shorter ranged cruiser much. Try playing an Atago on this, (as an example), when neither team will willingly get within 20km of each other a sub 15km max rnage because a real issue because you have to be out ahead of your own DD's to even be in rnage of anything.

Also about damm time, *cries*.

i am just a spud, but  I don't see tears that often so that its an issue even with ship like baltimore or takao where I tend to push the flank anyway and abuse the conceal on it.   but then, you don't even own  atago and you've only played takao 9x.      My best   XP (base) match was on tear of cruiser with DD though at 4195 base xp.    it was while back  before the fubuki being downtiered  though. 

fubuki.jpg

fubuki2.jpg

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,071 posts
1,501 battles
29 minutes ago, centarina said:

i am just a spud, but  I don't see tears that often so that its an issue even with ship like baltimore or takao where I tend to push the flank anyway and abuse the conceal on it.   but then, you don't even own  atago and you've only played takao 9x.      My best   XP (base) match was on tear of cruiser with DD though at 4195 base xp.    it was while back  before the fubuki being downtiered  though. 

fubuki.jpg

fubuki2.jpg

I also own and have played many NO and Balt games on it, Tirp isn't exactly happy on it either.

The thing with tears in a low range ships, (or a ship like tirp that hates long range), is that you cannot push a flank if your team doesn'tt, you'll become the focus of half the enemy team the instant your spotted and be nuked if you try.

[SALVO]
Members
22,012 posts
22,426 battles
2 hours ago, Carl said:

100% agree on this.  The Atago has a hard time on this map because of its relatively shortish range guns.  

The Atago is really boned on many open maps when it's not top tier because of the tier 9 range enhancing upgrade module.  It'd be tough enough going up against those  same cruisers without that module.  But having to face them with it, you're looking at being outranged by 2-3-4 or 5 km, and having next to nothing you can do.  I'd like to say that the Atago needs a range buff, but IMO that tier 9 range enhancing upgrade module needs to go.  It provides far too  great an advantage for cruisers that can use it over cruisers that can't.

[Y0L0]
Members
9,917 posts
14,088 battles

tbh,  t8 ships really are in tough meta with few exception. the issue isn't limited to NO or atago.      why I don't have any t8 premium  lol.    

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,071 posts
1,501 battles
47 minutes ago, centarina said:

tbh,  t8 ships really are in tough meta with few exception. the issue isn't limited to NO or atago.      why I don't have any t8 premium  lol.    

True enough, but thats more down to how much T9 and T10 they see.

Members
2,709 posts
16,911 battles
5 hours ago, MajorRenegade said:

No you are not. I hate, hate, hate the new one compared to the original.