You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ArnoldSchoenberg

Musashi vs Yamato with Premium Camo?

59 comments in this topic

[DRACS]
Members
4,265 posts

I'm at Amagi right now and would MUCH rather just get Yamato with premium camo than Musashi. That being said, I already own a TON of premiums, including Missouri, so credit grinding isn't that hard for me. Plus, I already have a Kii with the Kobayashi camo, so I also have an IJN BB captain trainer.

Problem is Musashi doesn't bring anything new to the game. Missouri has radar and crazy good AA and is an amazing support BB. Musashi is just Yamato with less accurate guns, horrible AA, and an even worse armor profile as it rides higher in the water. Sure, it has great armor and health for tier 9, but you'll be going up against tier 10 battleships anyway, so if you have to have a ship, bring one that contributes something unique.

Edited by KaptainKaybe
  • Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
2,230 posts
9,756 battles

Right now I'm also at the Amagi and if I could buy the perma camo for Yamato, I would get her rather than Musashi.

If your goal is to make credit and you already own Missouri, you don't have any reason to buy Musashi.

If your goal if to have a good training ship, then Musashi would be a great ship.

Members
7,047 posts
4,534 battles

Honestly, I would say the Yamato. Except for those very rare games where you get to face T7 ships, you're just a gimped Yamato in a T8-10 battle. Even against T7 ships, you don't really have a significant advantage, because everything that you can overmatch on T7 ships with 18 inch guns is already overmatched by 16 inch guns. And if you have a carrier in the game.....not good.

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,750 posts
3,564 battles

I'll take both. I'm a completionist and I want to have Yamato AND Musashi in my port rather than just have Yamato. I don't care if she doesn't bring something unique, we don't need a swath of gimmicky premiums.

~Hunter

• Cool 3

[REVY]
Members
6,139 posts
5,152 battles

This was me today.

7ujSsrw.jpg

Every single time my team just melted away, only held at most a single cap, and I had to retreat for 80% of the match.  Tier 10 combat is so demoralizing, save your money for the Musashi's Premium camo, at least you'll get into tier 7 matches where the players still know how to play the game and maybe have fun.  Heck, you might see a game where the caps actually exchange hands!

Oh, and if it’s not the HSF, the Yamato’s Premium camo is ugly as sin.

Edited by Sventex

[YAN]
Members
1,648 posts
7,900 battles

Having a Yamato with premium camo, I still intend to get Musasji and play the crapoutta her.

Members
85 posts
7,579 battles

Based on my game play, the Yamato seems to fail more often then it succeeds in matches. Slow, easy to sink or hit with torps, and it burns very easily. It doesn't seem too good to me but I don't own it. If it's on my team I dread it, and we typically lose the match. If it's on the opposing team, then I know my target and hit it till it begins burning.

If Musashi is anything like it, or worse, then it's not going to be very good IMHO. But since it will see at least an occasional Tier VII then perhaps it will do better than Yamato at Tier X.

[BSL]
Members
878 posts
15,033 battles
46 minutes ago, Sventex said:

This was me today.

7ujSsrw.jpg

Every single time my team just melted away, only held at most a single cap, and I had to retreat for 80% of the match.  Tier 10 combat is so demoralizing, save your money for the Musashi's Premium camo, at least you'll get into tier 7 matches where the players still know how to play the game and maybe have fun.  Heck, you might see a game where the caps actually exchange hands!

Oh, and if it’s not the HSF, the Yamato’s Premium camo is ugly as sin.

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt....

[REVY]
Members
6,139 posts
5,152 battles
15 minutes ago, BCB77B said:

Based on my game play, the Yamato seems to fail more often then it succeeds in matches. Slow, easy to sink or hit with torps, and it burns very easily. It doesn't seem too good to me but I don't own it. If it's on my team I dread it, and we typically lose the match. If it's on the opposing team, then I know my target and hit it till it begins burning.

If Musashi is anything like it, or worse, then it's not going to be very good IMHO. But since it will see at least an occasional Tier VII then perhaps it will do better than Yamato at Tier X.

The Yamato is very good at damaging Battleships, but it's just so poor at contesting caps, it's slow, maneuvers laboriously, and will draw far from all over the map, which means if your team can't handle capping, you've automatically lost.

Edited by Sventex

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
3,750 posts
3,564 battles
47 minutes ago, Sventex said:

The Yamato is very good at damaging Battleships, but it's just so poor at contesting caps, it's slow, maneuvers laboriously, and will draw far from all over the map, which means if your team can't handle capping, you've automatically lost.

I would love it if they could give Yamato her heal back.

~Hunter

[REVY]
Members
6,139 posts
5,152 battles
2 minutes ago, Hunter_Steel said:

I would love it if they could give Yamato her heal back.

~Hunter

At this point, she needs it, a back line sniper doesn't belong in the endgame anymore, everybody needs to push more often.

Edited by Sventex

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
3,750 posts
3,564 battles
3 minutes ago, Sventex said:

At this point, she needs it, a back line sniper doesn't belong in the endgame anymore, everybody needs to push more often.

Which is true. I plan to use my Yamato as a pusher. Not a sniper. (I anyway suck at sniping, but I dislike German BBs, except for Scharnhorst and Gneisenau.) I've already been playing my Izumo as a pushing ship, I mostly lose when I bow-camp anyways.

~Hunter

[DACO]
Members
178 posts
11,220 battles

Does anyone know for sure what the Musashi's perimeters will be?  I hear so much about how bad she will be, horrible AA and virtually no secondaries?  I'm still on the fence if I should wait or get the Missouri now while I have the freeXP.  I'm just wondering where the article is that has so much profound knowledge that I have missed??? 

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,130 posts
6,299 battles

I prefer Yamato for now,. I think I will get Musashi maybe only because she was one  of the 2 ships with the biggest caliber guns ever put on a warship and as a collectors item.

She will see tier 7’s so maybe I will get her also for punishing tier 7’s ^^

[T-RIP]
Members
1,592 posts
8,995 battles

That's a tough question OP,

Think I'd go with my GK. lol...

but if I had to pick one of them, then it would be my Yamato.

I honestly don't see Musashi seeing a lot of T7 matches with my luck and RNG! she will have to face tier X more often then not.

But I'd still prefer my GK! =)

[NEWB]
Members
47 posts
1,528 battles

Wrong question. Musashi is T9 and Yamato T10.

The big question is "Should i take Musashi or Izumo/FdG/Iowa/Lion with perma camo". My answer is Musashi.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,886 posts

I have the Yamato in Premium Camo.

I can take it out in Co-Op and make 100K-200K in credits on average.

Love the sound of the guns.  Love the power of the artillery.  Love to eradicate bots.

Dislike losing battles in it.   Co-Op it is.

-------------

Musashi would probably end up in the same place in my port -- same circumstances -- in my collection of premium ships I haven't taken out in months.

[PVE]
Members
7,510 posts
13,021 battles
1 hour ago, AVR_Project said:

I have the Yamato in Premium Camo.

I can take it out in Co-Op and make 100K-200K in credits on average.

Love the sound of the guns.  Love the power of the artillery.  Love to eradicate bots.

Dislike losing battles in it.   Co-Op it is.

-------------

Musashi would probably end up in the same place in my port -- same circumstances -- in my collection of premium ships I haven't taken out in months.

I run Yamato there too and also do well credit wise. Same with Montana. Make more with those 2 T10's running their perma camo than I do lower tier ships including Premiums most times.

Co-op is a lot of fun for sure. Wish more people would play it with an open mind and see that. People shouldn't assume it is kindergarden (edit - at higher tiers) though because bots don't miss very often the way humans do (no matter how much WASD you do) and their salvos almost always do max damage, always set you on fire, and get perfect RNG. The bot teams get matching ships so if you bring a Yamato there is one shooting back at you LOL.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[PVE]
Members
7,510 posts
13,021 battles
5 hours ago, USSRichardNixon said:

If you are going to play a game, which would you prefer?

Are you asking strictly on a rewards/credit basis? If so most likely Musashi will be a better choice as it is a Premium ship and will make more. Just on a ship vs ship basis Yamato as Musashi is same thing but nerfed.

Why not just get both? I have Yamato already and will add Musashi when it is available. No reason, other than not having or not wanting to part with 750K Free XP because you want to use it elsewhere, to get Musashi whether you have Yamato or not. Both ships just require time playing to get.

Alpha Tester
3,482 posts
1,522 battles
2 hours ago, _ECSO_Sgt_088 said:

Does anyone know for sure what the Musashi's perimeters will be?  I hear so much about how bad she will be, horrible AA and virtually no secondaries?  I'm still on the fence if I should wait or get the Missouri now while I have the freeXP.  I'm just wondering where the article is that has so much profound knowledge that I have missed??? 

I spent some time on the PTS this weekend playing the Yamato sans the aiming module so I could get some idea of what the Musashi will be like and what I found out the hard way is that Musashi's lack of AA isn't going to be a liability compared to the Yamato's.  I got focus attacked by carriers 3 times in about 15 matches while playing the Yamato and at most I was able to shoot down maybe 1 plane out of the 15 or so they swarmed me with.  The carriers in game had absolute zero problem landing full spreads of torps on the Yamato.  Maybe if I had spec'ed full AA I would have had better luck but the point is unless your AA spec in a yamato and maybe not even then, your AA doesn't do anything anyway so Musashi's lack of AA isn't going to make a difference. 

As far as secondaries, it isn't like the Musashi has no secondaries, in fact it has quite a few of them, rather it is just that the Yamato has more of them and they are more effective. Musashi's secondaries are more comparable to what you would find on most other BBs is all.

Also I am pretty sure the community contributes have been told that all but the credit earning is final based on Flamu and a few others recent videos stating that at least.

As for credit earning, the jury is still out but so far I from the after battle screen I have seen, for whatever reason she doesn't appear to earn as much as the Missouri which is a bummer since I was hoping to replace Missouri with Musashi as my credit earner (Me and Missouri don't get along well for some odd reason).  

I don't own the Musashi obviously but based on the 15 or so test matches I had with the Yamato, and the reviews stating the the Musashi has the exact same play style as the Yamato,  I am 100% certain that the Missouri is a more interesting ship to play and probably the better of the two ships especially if your a more skilled player and can really take advantage of the Radar and Mobility the Missouri offers.  This is not to say that I believe the Musashi is bad, just that the Missouri is more interesting, no more than that.

I would say if you are looking for a more interesting experience  - Missouri

If your looking for a credit earner - Missouri

If you already have a Yamato - Missouri

If you plan on getting the Yamato some day - Missouri

If you prefer steady and consistent to interesting - Musashi

If you aren't super skilled - Musashi

If you don't want to grind the Yamato - Musashi

If you already have the Missouri - Musashi

If you have the Missouri and Yamato - Save your Free XP.

If  your a collector - Musashi

If you love the Yamato and want a higher earning version of her - Musashi (even considering premimum camo on the Yamato)

If you don't have other IJN Captain's Trainers - Musashi

Anyway, just my view of things.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,052 posts
4,930 battles
9 hours ago, KaptainKaybe said:

I'm at Amagi right now and would MUCH rather just get Yamato with premium camo than Musashi. That being said, I already own a TON of premiums, including Missouri, so credit grinding isn't that hard for me. Plus, I already have a Kii with the Kobayashi camo, so I also have an IJN BB captain trainer.

Problem is Musashi doesn't bring anything new to the game. Missouri has radar and crazy good AA and is an amazing support BB. Musashi is just Yamato with less accurate guns, horrible AA, and an even worse armor profile as it rides higher in the water. Sure, it has great armor and health for tier 9, but you'll be going up against tier 10 battleships anyway, so if you have to have a ship, bring one that contributes something unique.

That's an insignificant factor, it makes virtually no difference to the vulnerabilities of Yamato's already skyscraper high citadel.

It's like having stack of 10 coins and you have another stack that has 11 coins, there is barely any difference to their overall height.

It's a very silly matter to get worked up on.

[WUDPS]
4,998 posts
4,848 battles

What I picked from this thread: both ships are trash, wait for something good to come out. 

• Funny 1

[DRACS]
Members
4,265 posts
35 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

That's an insignificant factor, it makes virtually no difference to the vulnerabilities of Yamato's already skyscraper high citadel.

It's like having stack of 10 coins and you have another stack that has 11 coins, there is barely any difference to their overall height.

It's a very silly matter to get worked up on.

Oh you're right in that it's not in itself a deal breaker. But it does indeed ride higher. My point is that if Musashi doesn't offer anything unique or team oriented, and it doesn't have the crazy earning potential found on the Missouri, then it just really doesn't seem worth getting when you can get a Yamato with premium camo for a significantly smaller XP investment if you've already started the IJN BB grind, right? Now if Musashi had something unique to it, like Missouri's radar, or if it earned mad credits, then I'd say sure. But otherwise, it's basically a nerfed Yamato at tier 9. Which is sad as it seems like half the premium IJN BBs are just nerfed downtiered versions of existing ships. Mutsu, Ashitaka, and now Musashi.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
18,060 posts
16,404 battles
9 hours ago, Hunter_Steel said:

Which is true. I plan to use my Yamato as a pusher. Not a sniper. (I anyway suck at sniping, but I dislike German BBs, except for Scharnhorst and Gneisenau.) I've already been playing my Izumo as a pushing ship, I mostly lose when I bow-camp anyways.

~Hunter

Yamato is a BRUTAL pusher but like other BBs, does not do it alone.  A Yamato being part of a push presents a big problem.

- Ignore the Yamato to shoot at other targets and let the 460mm guns have free reign to pick out people.

- Focus the Yamato, which can take the punishment, and let the other ships have free reign to do what they want.

As with any BB, if you have DD friends in front of you, the options open up and the gloves come off.  Those 460 guns in short range will wreck faces.  It's pretty cute when people think they can go bow on and that's going to save them.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway