You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
xalmgrey

Sticky Islands still?

11 comments in this topic

[WOLF4]
Members
1,322 posts
2,856 battles

I've had more than a few ships stick to the islands lately. Its pretty frustrating to run aground but to stick is pretty infuriating and costs. Why are they still like this? Game engine?

[PVE]
Members
13,852 posts
8,905 battles
6 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

I've had more than a few ships stick to the islands lately. Its pretty frustrating to run aground but to stick is pretty infuriating and costs. Why are they still like this? Game engine?

I drove straight into one bow first to avoid some fire and then I got stuck and could not back up. It was weird, because it would let me go forward a bit, but not back up. I put the rudder all over and could not move anywhere but forward a bit until the ship stopped. 

[RE]
Members
489 posts
19,224 battles

I tale slided 1 of my dd's into an island the other day, just the last 1/4 of the ship touch the island, bow was pointing to the open waters but could not move, needless to say the force that was chasing me killed me

[WOLF4]
Members
1,322 posts
2,856 battles

Yeah i got one of my little DD's caught up on some island and i managed to wiggle out of it but just barely. The ship went back and forth for a few feet. Luckily i was out of range of the enemy and i managed to get off but it took a few mins.

I thought they patched this out a while ago but guess not.

[AP]
Members
1,196 posts
12,724 battles

ya, happened to me a few times

sent replay to support, told me "they were able to get ship out during their simulation"

total [edited].......

islands are supposed to be traps first place

[RLGN]
Members
9,632 posts
19,108 battles

Think being stuck in a regular ship is tough; try getting stuck with a carrier in the overhead view...

Could not figure out why I was stuck, on the SW corner of the port in Killer Whale, (where the Nassau starts,) until I finally hit the Z key and realized I'd managed to wedge myself against some dock that couldn't be seen in the overhead view. Couldn't move, and was basically totally screwed.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,247 posts
9,777 battles

I recently experienced the same issue. I pulled a Notser in my Henri and when I tried to reverse, my ship just can't move. I used my speed boost, thinking it was probably the engine but no, I had to wiggle the ship. I never had any issue like this before, I was even using Island as a mean to quickly move backward but now, it feels like the ship has been nailed on the island.

Edited by AlcatrazNC

Members
4,154 posts
6,894 battles

It is a bit of realism - big ships generally can';t free themselves when  they run aground.  Think of it as a incentive to not get too close to the islands... ;)

[AR15]
Members
428 posts
8,147 battles

Look at your speed when this happens. In the example I sent to WG, even in full reverse my forward speed was .1. To get off the island I had to set full reverse, full opposite rudder, and wait about 2-3 minutes. Eventually the stern swung outwards and the ship started moving backwards.

Here is the "official" response to my ticket:

"We have everything we require now to submit this issue to our development team for further investigation. Any resolution, if any, may show up in future releases.

In the meantime, we suggest not getting so close to rocks. Generally rocks and ships don't mix."