You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rekkoff

Duke of York campaign help. :S

23 comments in this topic

[115TH]
Beta Testers
259 posts

So im on the mission where I need to destroy main gun turrets or at least knock them out. How in the blazes did you all manage to get it done? What BB did you use? :/ Just getting frustrated trying. 

[WOLF7]
Members
11,049 posts
6 minutes ago, Rekkoff said:

So im on the mission where I need to destroy main gun turrets or at least knock them out. How in the blazes did you all manage to get it done? What BB did you use? :/ Just getting frustrated trying. 

Or simply redo another task that you've already done?

• Cool 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,469 posts
16,370 battles

I used an Arizona and ended up pummeling a Kongo.  That said, I really wasn't chasing it, it just happened.

[115TH]
Beta Testers
259 posts
9 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Or simply redo another task that you've already done?

Thats a thing? I wasnt aware you could repeat tasks in a campaign?

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,117 posts
12,382 battles

yeah, I spammed the exp and BB kill missions for week 5 to finish mine off this morning.

[PVE]
Members
13,849 posts
8,903 battles
1 minute ago, Rekkoff said:

Oh yeah. That's how I'm going through the Yamamoto campaign. Repeating the XP and silver tasks. I can potato and still eventually complete the campaign.

• Funny 1

[SQUAD]
[SQUAD]
Members
182 posts
462 battles
2 minutes ago, Rekkoff said:

It actually says it on the tasks themselves. :) For that one in particular, I just used OR and blasted cruisers with AP until they ran home to mommy. It was over pretty quick, and I repeated it, as well.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,888 posts
20 minutes ago, xDiaboliquex said:

It actually says it on the tasks themselves. :) For that one in particular, I just used OR and blasted cruisers with AP until they ran home to mommy. It was over pretty quick, and I repeated it, as well.

No...   It doesn't say that in the tasks until they post a thread in the Forums and complain about it.

There...   Done. 

It should say that for you now in the game.

[SQUAD]
[SQUAD]
Members
182 posts
462 battles
10 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

No...   It doesn't say that in the tasks until they post a thread in the Forums and complain about it.

There...   Done. 

It should say that for you now in the game.

I assume you're alluding to reading being OP? :cap_haloween:

While I agree, in their defense, it is just sort of there is small letters, and if you don't expect it, I suspect it's easy to miss.

[SCCC]
Members
3,177 posts
9,118 battles

I used Iron Duke. A few volleys of HE shells at the tier 4 French cruiser incapacitated 3 turrets.

Could potentially work against many other targets, but this is what got mine finished.

[VVV]
Beta Testers
223 posts
1,916 battles
57 minutes ago, Rekkoff said:

Trumpwagon does a number on turrets....did that one without really trying. 

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
2,145 posts
11,247 battles
40 minutes ago, Rekkoff said:

Mind = blown lol

you can do it to any mission event with the new year to get free t6 ships with nice sexy looking blueish perm camo.

Had said that, I did quick the incapacitate using the QE, I smacked the Omaha/phoenix in 4 games and got it.

Later on, I got 2 devastating strike as well in the DoY ... pretty fun

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
7,093 battles

Just repeat exp  or credit grind missions. If you have premium time, keep repeating exp/dmg/credit farm missions. Just keep that quest in your 3rd slow. It'll finish when it finishes.

If you dont have premium time, just go with farming missions. It's more due to luck than skill you get to complete missions that specific.

[RLGN]
Members
9,621 posts
19,101 battles
2 hours ago, xDiaboliquex said:

Lucky you... I tried too hard like an idiot...

Took me twenty games because I kept trying to get close enough to other battleships...

When my molasses for brains finally remembered I could get that against cruisers and destroyers as well, it took me one try. One turret hit was actually, FINALLY, against a battleship, and the other two against a cruiser.

[RCNW]
Members
5 posts
6,093 battles

If your a casual player this is impossible . You can't put in enough time and the choice of ships is extremely limited. I made it to 5 only to see that I need British ships for the most part, the option to use torpedoes is no good when all you have is a tier 5 or 6  british cruiser to do it with or sinking 10 bb's and getting over 35000 xp is impossible to most people. especially when you completed the 4th tier of the campaign with only a few days left. It's very dependent on your teammates and that is not a good thing as most wont cooperate as a team so your crapout of luck there.  I wont be able to get the duke as I wont have enough time for that. And that really sucks.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,888 posts
6 hours ago, xDiaboliquex said:

I assume you're alluding to reading being OP? :cap_haloween:

While I agree, in their defense, it is just sort of there is small letters, and if you don't expect it, I suspect it's easy to miss.

Back in the 'win a ARP ship' days, we used to get the, "Where is my ship" thread about 8 times a day here after they completed the 4th task.

I used to answer, "There is actually a 5th task that you must post in the Forums..  Done..  You will find it in the Yokosuka Port now."

[SQUAD]
[SQUAD]
Members
182 posts
462 battles
6 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

Back in the 'win a ARP ship' days, we used to get the, "Where is my ship" thread about 8 times a day here after they completed the 4th task.

I used to answer, "There is actually a 5th task that you must post in the Forums..  Done..  You will find it in the Yokosuka Port now."

Oh, I remember those days and those threads and your replies, lol.