You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KD2

I miss WoWp

19 comments in this topic

Members
95 posts
5,205 battles

of old, and i cant even post in those forums because i dont have any battles. [edited] i have/had like 15k battles. not my fault you ruined it!

[H-W-C]
Members
1,268 posts
3,557 battles

I can actually shoot things down in WoWP 2.0 so that's a big improvement :Smile_trollface:

[GN_BR]
Members
135 posts
5,120 battles

I am thinking of trying that game to switch up with wows. Is a joystick recommended or is mouse/keyboard sufficient?

Members
113 posts
5,864 battles
2 minutes ago, cthuhulu said:

I am thinking of trying that game to switch up with wows. Is a joystick recommended or is mouse/keyboard sufficient?

I'm gonna guess that you'll like it..It is pretty fun.

A Mouse/keyboard works just fine for it and that's all I've used and had no problems or felt limited.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
13,807 posts
8,895 battles
5 minutes ago, cthuhulu said:

That would be good to know. WG gave out some codes for Christmas for WoT and WoWP for premiums, so I decided, why not and downloaded them. I haven't really played them yet as I have been focused on the DoY and grind to Baltimore, but I figure I will try them someday. All of my old flight sims won't play on the new Windows, so my joysticks went with my kids. I'm sure I can get one if WoWP needs one.

EDIT:

Legion_of_Boom25 said:

I'm gonna guess that you'll like it..It is pretty fun.

A Mouse/keyboard works just fine for it and that's all I've used and had no problems or felt limited.

Shiny, thank you. @Legion_of_Boom25

Edited by Kizarvexis
  • Cool 1

Members
95 posts
5,205 battles

i have not really since bots came out, and not at all since 2.0. i always used a joystick

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,117 posts
12,380 battles
7 minutes ago, cthuhulu said:

I fly on KB/Mouse.  I'm not good, but I have read that kb/mouse works better than joysticks do.  If you decide to give it a shot, I think this code was working a few days ago, might still be.  I like both of the planes I got from it.

PCPWOWP2

• Cool 2

[GN_BR]
Members
135 posts
5,120 battles

Thanks for the answers; I had two two joysticks,gave one to a buddy and of course the one I kept broke. I will try the game with keyboard/mouse first. Also thanks for the code.

[PVE]
Members
13,807 posts
8,895 battles
8 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

I fly on KB/Mouse.  I'm not good, but I have read that kb/mouse works better than joysticks do.  If you decide to give it a shot, I think this code was working a few days ago, might still be.  I like both of the planes I got from it.

PCPWOWP2

So was that code for the Spitfire Ia? Shiny!

I also got some premium ammo and I won't be buying that. It would also be the worst thing to happen to WoWs.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,117 posts
12,380 battles

Yes it's the T5 Spitfire Ia, and a T2 FW-56 Stosser.  The spit makes pretty good money and is a pretty good learner plane once you get up to T5.  For beginners, I recommend the Spitfire line, it's very forgiving and does everything pretty well, if not the best.

[PVE]
Members
13,807 posts
8,895 battles
3 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

Yes it's the T5 Spitfire Ia, and a T2 FW-56 Stosser.  The spit makes pretty good money and is a pretty good learner plane once you get up to T5.  For beginners, I recommend the Spitfire line, it's very forgiving and does everything pretty well, if not the best.

The premium ammo I got was for the FW-56 Stosser. I was supposed to go to sleep an hour ago, but I was curious what I got with the code. I will have to try WoWP when I finish the DoY final task.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,777 posts
13,627 battles

WoWP is pretty fun, but massively underpopulated. I pretty much get bot matches any time I try to log in.

Members
113 posts
5,864 battles

If you haven't already downloaded the game or not already using the new game center, i would recommend to not transfer WoWS to the new game center. Just keep WoWS on the old game center. It will ask you during the download process and then just do the WoWP for the new game center. This is just to avoid any possible problems and/or conflicts you may possibly get. I am currently running WoWP on the new game center by itself and WoWS from the old game center. No problems involved.

• Cool 1

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,052 posts
10,705 battles
14 minutes ago, Legion_of_Boom25 said:

If you haven't already downloaded the game or not already using the new game center, i would recommend to not transfer WoWS to the new game center. Just keep WoWS on the old game center. It will ask you during the download process and then just do the WoWP for the new game center. This is just to avoid any possible problems and/or conflicts you may possibly get. I am currently running WoWP on the new game center by itself and WoWS from the old game center. No problems involved.

Thank you for that info . It is one of the things that was keeping me from trying it .

The other is ; since I already had an account in WoWp , what happens with what progress I had and the planes I had ? One of which was a premium ( the XP-58 Chain-Lightening ) .

:Smile_honoring:

Members
113 posts
5,864 battles
14 minutes ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

Thank you for that info . It is one of the things that was keeping me from trying it .

The other is ; since I already had an account in WoWp , what happens with what progress I had and the planes I had ? One of which was a premium ( the XP-58 Chain-Lightening ) .

No problem. As far as the progress and planes, i'm not 100% sure but i'm guessing everything should still be there.

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,806 posts
5,075 battles

Wanted to play it.  But looks like the Wargaming Center is a requirement to get it running and I'm not going through that thing again after the problems I had with it in beta :/

[WOLF1]
Members
3,998 posts
1 hour ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

Planes, gold, fxp, silver will be there.  Stats are wiped and archived from 1.9.x.  Fresh stats in 2.x.  i.e. the only thing 'gone' will be old stats, but they are archived and you can get to them.