Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Labedoyere

US Premium Cruisers

16 comments in this topic

[-V1-]
Members
167 posts
6,533 battles

A lot o players us premium ships from time to time to train some captains BUT...Looking at and reading about the US line of premium cruisers they pretty much suck

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
5,164 battles

They aren’t strong, they don’t suck. But if it isn’t number one than it’s number zero to most of the community.

Edited by GreyFox78659
  • Cool 2

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
2,145 posts
11,214 battles
22 minutes ago, Labedoyere said:

premium cruisers they pretty much suck

My semi perm Baltimore beg the differ

don't have the Atlanta/Black so cant speak on their behalf

Edited by ObiwankzKenobi

[-V1-]
Members
167 posts
6,533 battles

Well...the semi perm ???? Is not a prem I am not talking about the tree ships....I am talking about the pem ships that are used to train captains from time to time

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
2,145 posts
11,214 battles
Just now, Labedoyere said:

I am talking about the pem ships that are used to train captains from time to time

I am a hoarder, ship thirsty old bastard that wanted every premium ships in WoWs, even at someone claim they worthless, I still wanted them  .. once I got them, I promise I will treat them with care, I will at least play game using them

If I played, I will research and turn their weakness to the strength instead complaining and claim they suck! it me who suck, not the ship

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,760 posts
7,274 battles
4 minutes ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

I am a hoarder, ship thirsty old bastard that wanted every premium ships in WoWs, even at someone claim they worthless, I still wanted them  .. once I got them, I promise I will treat them with care, I will at least play game using them

If I played, I will research and turn their weakness to the strength instead complaining and claim they suck! it me who suck, not the ship

More power to you Captain.

• Cool 1

[-V1-]
Members
167 posts
6,533 battles

When i am saying they suck....I personally have no idea....Though looking for a (good) ship to use from time to time to train captains was what i was looking for. And from reading reviews and watching vid.....My point is overall the prem cruiser line are pretty blah from what most say.

[MIA-P]
Members
640 posts
5,829 battles

So, I am absolutely in love with my Atlanta. She is a high risk/high reward ship, in which the slightest misplay; a matter of just a few seconds, can get you killed, but where correct play can deliver consistent results and stunning 8k damage volleys on DDs and BBs. This ship never fails to give me an adrenaline kick, as I scurry between islands and smokes and desperately try to avoid engaging anything with guns bigger than a bicycle (I dunno, I'm bad with comparisons).

That said, she is EXTREMELY hard to play (I usually make at least one mistake per match, and it is usually my last), and is very dependent on captain skills (particularly IFHE). As such, she's pretty useless as a captain trainer. I suggest buying a BB for that.

• Cool 1

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
2,145 posts
11,214 battles
22 minutes ago, Labedoyere said:

overall the prem cruiser line are pretty blah from what most say

iam desperately wanted an Atlanta and unfortunately didn't obtain her from the Santa crates, but I got USN bb/CV premium from the doubloons and such.

My point is play and practice on the premium you had on hand, the more you play the better you at .... don't let other get to you because your play style is different. If after you spent a good decent amount of time and still find a big struggling, then USN cruiser is not for you, time to play other ships.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
18,060 posts
16,404 battles
6 hours ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Think about the German Premium cruisers? Tough ships.

There's really no such thing as a "Tough" Cruiser.  BB rounds do bad things to Cruisers, especially once BBs are fielding 406mm and larger guns.

Your best defenses from getting rekt by BBs?

Islands

Smoke to break LOS

Maneuvering

Only in very specific cases can a Cruiser face tank BB gunfire, one example is Des Moines in a knife fight with Tirpitz, Bismarck, she can face tank that caliber of BB gunfire.  But 16" guns or larger, LOL hell no!  For most parts you have to use the 3 points I listed to survive.  Taking shots to show how tough a Cruiser is, is not a really a thing most of them should consider.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[PVE]
Members
7,510 posts
13,021 battles

Atlanta is a blast to play. I absolutely love it. One of my favorite ships in the game. Flint, which is a T8 better version of Atlanta is incredible but is a special reward ship and basically unavailable so probably shouldn't even bring it up LOL. Indianapolis is similar to the Pensacola but gets Radar at T7. It has that same awesome US CA AP which wrecks stuff (I brawled a DOY at 2-3km range, circling it,  using speed and angles to minimize damage while trashing it for 43K+ in damage and sinking it all with AP). If you can make Pepsi work Indy is a good ship. Marblehead is an Omaha on roids with better torps, more guns, and less gun range. If you do well in Omaha Marblehead would be a decent ship.

US Premium Cruisers are decent in the hands of someone who can use them to their strengths. I think the line lacks a big name, historical, everyone wants it one like Alaska. Salem is coming soon as a T10 too but that may only be a reward ship like Flint so?

EDIT - shouldn't have gone to the tech tree and refreshed my memory on the US Premium Cruisers. I have enough Premium ships now without adding more. But, I like the Omaha a lot, I have all these doubloons sitting here, and the Marblehead is cheap. Oh well it can be a decent trainer for US Light Cruisers...:Smile_facepalm:

56P5HLy.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
5,164 battles

Atlanta is a hooligans bote, not competitive, but fun as hell. 

Pretty much the Atlanta experience.

Edited by GreyFox78659
  • Cool 1

[LUCK]
Members
1,626 posts
22,093 battles
19 hours ago, Labedoyere said:

A lot o players us premium ships from time to time to train some captains BUT...Looking at and reading about the US line of premium cruisers they pretty much suck

USN premium cruisers don't suck they are just unforgiving.

Atlanta can be a beast with guns, AA and radar as well as instantly deleted (more so than other T7 cruisers it seems sometimes).

Indianapolis, with that radar and AP can put a hurt on the red team- reload and armor issues however.

Marblehead, with a decent MM for T5, is an ok ship. 

That said, a premium USN cruiser in the vein of Prinz Eugen (it's just a Hipper) with a commander training boost but without a gimmick or unique playstyle compared to it's tier comparable would be welcome. A credit generator like Atago wouldn't hurt either.

There are plenty of candidates: USS Wichita, USS Fargo, USS Oregon City, etc. etc. ad nauseam

My .02

Sign in to follow this