You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
skull_122_steel

noobs buying premium ships

87 comments in this topic

Members
21,832 posts
5,721 battles
12 hours ago, dmckay said:

Of course they say it's "liberating".  OK.  Whatever.

They obviously own vinyl furniture. Can you imagine what a nudist-owned microfibre chair would smell like?

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

To the actual point for a moment....I considered buying a tier 6 premium "just to see", but I can get my tail kicked at tier 3 without spending money while I'm trying to learn. 

I'm currently struggling as follows: if I'm aggressive, I do pretty decent amounts of damage but find myself focused/chased by three or four ships and I'm alone...if I do the whole contact, break off, circle back thing, I'm living a lot longer but not doing much damage firing at further distances. 

I don't need a premium to tell me that. 

[BBICT]
Members
3,573 posts
3,720 battles
40 minutes ago, BullpupWOT said:

To the actual point for a moment....I considered buying a tier 6 premium "just to see", but I can get my tail kicked at tier 3 without spending money while I'm trying to learn. 

I'm currently struggling as follows: if I'm aggressive, I do pretty decent amounts of damage but find myself focused/chased by three or four ships and I'm alone...if I do the whole contact, break off, circle back thing, I'm living a lot longer but not doing much damage firing at further distances. 

I don't need a premium to tell me that. 

I remember that stage. I did buy a Ichi at that stage...and still got killed, LOL. Being a gunslinger is fine, but you have to pick your fight... It almost never works at the start of the battle...more likely toward the middle, when the reds get a cap and break out the camping gear... You can pick away at them...or start your "Witness me!" charge... Or at the end of the battle when there are only a few ships left, and your either going out in a blaze of glory, or the knockout blow... 

Again, what you wear, or don't wear is totally your call... :cap_wander:

[BWC]
Members
742 posts
4,158 battles

Trial and error and learning from your mistakes is how you make progress. This is why you see lineary evolving graph bars (hopefully the rising kind) correlate with the number of battles played. 

Hence the problem with buying higher tier premiums as a shortcut to endgame, as you will miss out on valuable lessons (WASD hacks, map awareness, ...) which will be punished by more experencied captains. (the same goes with seal clubbing in reverse order, but that's something different).

So it's fine if people buy premiums, it's what makes the game profitable. In the end odds will even out, as you will benefit and have a disadvantage in about 50% depending the 'nood' is on your team or the opposing one.

But tbh, i liked this thread more in the beginning concercing the dress code of certain individuals playing this game :)

[PVE]
Members
14,682 posts
9,288 battles
5 minutes ago, Corrossyph said:

Trial and error and learning from your mistakes is how you make progress. This is why you see lineary evolving graph bars (hopefully the rising kind) correlate with the number of battles played. 

Hence the problem with buying higher tier premiums as a shortcut to endgame, as you will miss out on valuable lessons (WASD hacks, map awareness, ...) which will be punished by more experencied captains. (the same goes with seal clubbing in reverse order, but that's something different).

So it's fine if people buy premiums, it's what makes the game profitable. In the end odds will even out, as you will benefit and have a disadvantage in about 50% depending the 'nood' is on your team or the opposing one.

But tbh, i liked this thread more in the beginning concercing the dress code of certain individuals playing this game :)

I know. It was funnier then. :)

Members
4,719 posts
7,547 battles
7 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah you ever notice that the people you WANT to see naked are always clothed and those who should be clothed, are the nudists..... Life is disappointing sometimes... 

Nail hit on head!  Why don't Victoria Secrets models run around nood? Huh?  Why? Lately there have been various nude-ins and protests with participants running around nood. Ya just want to cover your eyes when you see a picture of them. Heh.:Smile_smile:

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
200 posts
11,087 battles
15 hours ago, Dareios said:

because... camelflage.thumb.jpg.e05510db618e012b90d02eef013359f2.jpg

There is a camel in this photo? Where? I don't see a camel. Is it on that hill? Please point it out to me I've looked and looked and looked. 

[OPEC]
Members
962 posts
5,249 battles
58 minutes ago, Sanguedolce said:

wait doesn't he mean Noobs?

He means what he means.  Please don't be rood!

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
14,682 posts
9,288 battles
1 hour ago, Sanguedolce said:

wait doesn't he mean Noobs?

38 minutes ago, CBSDracster said:

Sshh, he's on a roll.

:Smile_teethhappy:

5 minutes ago, delp5117 said:

He means what he means.  Please don't be rood!

:Smile_teethhappy:

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
200 posts
11,087 battles

A noob playing nood with his premium Lo Yang. Now there is a thing someone SHOULD NOT see. 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
9,570 posts
6,243 battles

Get 'em if they're going; just don't take 'em into Ranked and Random until you know better.

I am currently at Tier 3 in battleships. Was I ready for a Duke of York if I had won one? No. Why not? Because by my own admission, I can barely play my Bellerophon in co-op passably without a whole evening to warm up in.

But sometimes the window of opportunity dictates the purchase.

As for playing nude - I don't care, ladies and gentlemen, just turn your webcams discreetly away when you do it. :Smile_teethhappy: The only things that ought to be visibly nude in this game are the ships, before you put camo on them. And as for the cutaway armour viewer, man, that's just straight-up warship p0rn; won't someone cover the eyes of the Tier 1 cruisers? :Smile_ohmy:

[PVE]
Members
14,682 posts
9,288 battles
8 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Get 'em if they're going; just don't take 'em into Ranked and Random until you know better.

I am currently at Tier 3 in battleships. Was I ready for a Duke of York if I had won one? No. Why not? Because by my own admission, I can barely play my Bellerophon in co-op passably without a whole evening to warm up in.

But sometimes the window of opportunity dictates the purchase.

As for playing nude - I don't care, ladies and gentlemen, just turn your webcams discreetly away when you do it. :Smile_teethhappy: The only things that ought to be visibly nude in this game are the ships, before you put camo on them. And as for the cutaway armour viewer, man, that's just straight-up warship p0rn; won't someone cover the eyes of the Tier 1 cruisers? :Smile_ohmy:

Not nude, that would be lood. But nood. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[OPEC]
Members
962 posts
5,249 battles
21 minutes ago, skull_122_steel said:

crapI meant to put noob not nood this is embarrassing.

Just think of it as a honest typo that has brought unintended joy to the forum community! :Smile_Default:

Capture.JPG

Members
687 posts
3,667 battles

Speed reading through this thread was ill advised.  I think something inside my brain has come loose. 

Also, that is the smuggest looking camel I've ever seen.

[PVE]
Members
14,682 posts
9,288 battles
2 hours ago, skull_122_steel said:

1 hour ago, delp5117 said:

Just think of it as a honest typo that has brought unintended joy to the forum community! :Smile_Default:

Capture.JPG

58 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

You made our whole day.

:cap_popcorn:

Exactly, this was great and a lot of fun to read.

[WOLF7]
Members
11,198 posts
2 hours ago, skull_122_steel said:

The forums needed a laugh...

+1 to you for providing it..:Smile_teethhappy:

Members
21,832 posts
5,721 battles
5 hours ago, HyPHerFaZe said:

There is a camel in this photo? Where? I don't see a camel. Is it on that hill? Please point it out to me I've looked and looked and looked. 

He knows How Not To Be Seen....

• Funny 2

[HEROS]
Members
1,548 posts
13,177 battles

Yea, this all happened last year this time too.. 

*points at Santa* 

It's his fault and them nice inexpensive Santa crates  (you still have a few days left to get some more!)

Why any old noob can get a top tier premium or so out of one.. no qualifying them, checking their credentials and bonefides.. nope.. none of that!  You puts yer money on the table and BAM! Click button, open box, BAM! Premium!  

Be sure to refer to the other recent threads about how premium "X" is under powered or over powered....written by players who don't really know that much about the game yet and how it works.  Some can be quite amusing!  even I, yes I have been known to get sucked in and give em an earnest reply about "what they're doing wrong".

Right, off to shoot ships!

Warlord sends