You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Murcc

Almost solo warrior

5 comments in this topic

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
1,866 posts
8,834 battles

Have a look at the end of game info for the last game I played.  Upon viewing it, you would conclude a major loss.  Our team evaporated. 

EugtTBm.jpg

But as lemming trains go, the other team did lemming quite well.  They ended up with 4 ships in our cap and a few more out of range.  I ended up killing the DD in our cap and one of the cruisers.  I almost had the BB dead and managed to reset the cap points, and kept another cruiser hit enough to chase him away.  Meanwhile, our DD silently snuck into their cap and got the cap counter going.  I thought we had lost it, and then:

nCxtRIB.jpg

The other team really should have won, but sometimes you get tunnel vision and let it get away.  Its almost a solo (shared) warrior win.   Except, there is no way I could have won it without the DD capping and no way he could have won without me resetting the cap.  It feels good no matter what.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,684 posts
12,105 battles

It is nice to be on the winning side of "Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory" once in awhile.

Members
506 posts

So close, OP! Getting a Solo Warrior requires a series of pretty improbable things happening, including a healthy dose of red team misplays (the latter is way more probable).

I lucked out and got one today. Sorry to the two red team cruisers that were chasing me, but I wasn't about to turn around and duke it out.

Kidd_solowarrior_20180114.thumb.png.bf3effd5cb888d7c5e86260162d850da.png

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,684 posts
12,105 battles

I have gotten exactly one and it doesn't count because it was on the PT.