You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Spud_butt

what do you like about WoWs??

56 comments in this topic

[HEROS]
Members
1,831 posts
6,013 battles

WG Devs and Admin must be wondering about us more than a little bit, no matter what they put in the game, lots of people will love it, lots of people will hate it, some players will use it to their advantage, some will not be able to get it to work for them, and virtually everybody that posts here in the forum will [edited] about something at some time.

More than just having some pretty visual models, and cool skins, they have incorporated some of the basic characteristics of naval combat into the game, including dumb luck, advanced tech ships vs antiquated, air power vs surface vessels, and no submarines involved in surface fleet action.

There are game mechanics that encourage camping, edge riding, caution, and sniping in ships with piss poor accuracy. There is MM that is crazy broken at times, and works well at others. There are entire ship lines that are paying for the Battle of Tsushima Straights. There are paper and napkin ships, strafing and islands everywhere.

With the exception of the paper and napkin ships, strafing and islands everywhere, overall game play is NOT much different than the overall RL combat in the Pacific Naval Theatre of WW2? Dumb luck played a huge roll in determining effects and outcome, at least in many early battles. More than a few were slaughter losses or victories.

The first 3k battles played, I found myself crazy raging furious 5 minutes into battle more than a few times. Quite a bit, in fact. Now I find myself trying to salvage what I can out of what looks like a lost cause, but it may not be a lost cause in every case. It will be if you give up, and spend your time posting crap in battle chat.

There are still great fun battles in this game, hard fought, winnable if not close all the way till the end, where both your team and the reds are at the right place at the right time with turrets pointing the right way, torps loaded, with enough HP left to not even consider kiting.

Still playing and enjoying this game. How about you? What is it you like about the game??

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,796 posts
4,616 battles

I get to pilot the massive beasts of steel that I love. Including my favorite ship of all time, the Enterprise.

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
8,139 battles

I personally like getting sunk, being told I suck in chat, staying at rank 15 for three weeks, spending too much money, alienating my wife, getting a box of rocks in a SC, getting a 1 day forum ban, not being able to hit anybody, going AFK, hitting the Random tab instead of Ranked when I just loaded up my Alabama, swarmed by planes, torped by teammates, running into islands and being late to work because I'm on the forum.

But there's that one fleeting moment when it all comes together. Load up, feel good and confident. Blast the living sh$t out of every one. 130,000 HP, over a K of XP, survive, win, get a couple of achievements, a positive karma point. Smile. Sit back in the chair, take a sip of beer and go at it again.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 4

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
178 posts
4,762 battles
6 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

But there's that one fleeting moment when it all comes together. Load up, feel good and confident. Blast the living sh$t out of every one. 130,000 HP, over a K of XP, survive, win, get a couple of achievements, a positive karma point. Smile. Sit back in the chair, take a sip of beer and go at it again.

Ditto x 2!

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
9,356 posts

I like the community. I have as much or more fun in the forum as I do in the game. Unlike the forumites of the other games I've played, this community has more individuals in it who have had some actual life experience, which makes you-all a much more interesting crowd to interact with. 

• Cool 3

[WOLF2]
Members
1,367 posts
9,405 battles
9 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

I personally like getting sunk, being told I suck in chat, staying at rank 15 for three weeks, spending too much money, alienating my wife, getting a box of rocks in a SC, getting a 1 day forum ban, not being able to hit anybody, going AFK, hitting the Random tab instead of Ranked when I just loaded up my Alabama, swarmed by planes, torped by teammates, running into islands and being late to work because I'm on the forum.

Oh yeah!    WOWS is like my golf game - every shot missing, hitting trees (islands), plunking in the water.

Then.... there's that one shot - a shot that'd make the PGA highlight reel.     The one shot/hole that keeps you playing.   Oh yeah.... THAT'S WHY I PLAY THIS GAME!

Click the BATTLE button, and play another round.

• Funny 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
8,139 battles
1 minute ago, DiddleDum said:

Oh yeah!    WOWS is like my golf game - every shot missing, hitting trees (islands), plunking in the water.

Then.... there's that one shot - a shot that'd make the PGA highlight reel.     The one shot/hole that keeps you playing.   Oh yeah.... THAT'S WHY I PLAY THIS GAME!

Click the BATTLE button, and play another round.

Captain Ghostdog salutes Captain DiddleDum. Hard for dogs to play golf since we have no thumbs!

th?id=OIP.RtGeszUb-yjGTAhAJ1YJnwD0D_&pid

• Cool 1

[DIEBL]
[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
19,781 battles
49 minutes ago, not_acceptable said:

WG Devs and Admin must be wondering about us more than a little bit, no matter what they put in the game, lots of people will love it, lots of people will hate it, some players will use it to their advantage, some will not be able to get it to work for them, and virtually everybody that posts here in the forum will [edited] about something at some time.

More than just having some pretty visual models, and cool skins, they have incorporated some of the basic characteristics of naval combat into the game, including dumb luck, advanced tech ships vs antiquated, air power vs surface vessels, and no submarines involved in surface fleet action.

There are game mechanics that encourage camping, edge riding, caution, and sniping in ships with piss poor accuracy. There is MM that is crazy broken at times, and works well at others. There are entire ship lines that are paying for the Battle of Tsushima Straights. There are paper and napkin ships, strafing and islands everywhere.

With the exception of the paper and napkin ships, strafing and islands everywhere, overall game play is NOT much different than the overall RL combat in the Pacific Naval Theatre of WW2? Dumb luck played a huge roll in determining effects and outcome, at least in many early battles. More than a few were slaughter losses or victories.

The first 3k battles played, I found myself crazy raging furious 5 minutes into battle more than a few times. Quite a bit, in fact. Now I find myself trying to salvage what I can out of what looks like a lost cause, but it may not be a lost cause in every case. It will be if you give up, and spend your time posting crap in battle chat.

There are still great fun battles in this game, hard fought, winnable if not close all the way till the end, where both your team and the reds are at the right place at the right time with turrets pointing the right way, torps loaded, with enough HP left to not even consider kiting.

Still playing and enjoying this game. How about you? What is it you like about the game??

I like sinking you that's one thing

-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles

We're certainly always watching and do go through tons of feedback.  General thoughts on what folks do like does help the team move more in that direction so thanks for your thoughts!

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I like the Player Base most of the time friendly, I like the Ships Especially the KM line{ Growing up my older bros always made me the german enemy during play time }

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,802 posts
16,845 battles
22 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

I have to say this makes this game fun. In between those times it gets a bit frustrating but at least the keyboard imprint in my forehead has gone away...

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
8,139 battles
5 minutes ago, Khafni said:

I have to say this makes this game fun. In between those times it gets a bit frustrating but at least the keyboard imprint in my forehead has gone away...

A little button fore head?

[MIA]
Clan Supertest Coordinator, Supertester
6,453 posts
7,860 battles

I like waiting for Roma & Haida

feelsbadman

[RLGN]
Members
11,490 posts
20,429 battles
1 hour ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

This^^^

Also of late; I've had tremendous fun in co-op; masochistically seeking out games in my low tier carriers where either the 'player' bots or the real players completely fall to pieces, and I'm left all alone against 3-5 or more Red bots...

An awesome kind of tension...

Always wondered what some of the real players who left such games thought about 'that poor CV player,' when/if they ever looked back and realized that game was a win for them...

[DLC]
Members
1,193 posts
4,690 battles

Not much....

But its the only one of its kind that's graphically polished and populated for online play.

World of Tanks at sea really has some missed opportunities and squandered potential but when there's hardly any competition, it doesn't matter.

[TF57]
Members
1,380 posts
4,100 battles

I like - it's more about common sense than supreme skills and reflexes. It's like a game of lawn bowls with mates (albeit more frustrating at times!)

-Members-
1,266 posts
13 battles

I love the game graphics and the ability to interact with you all. For a pc game, they're some of the best graphics that I've seen. 

[KVLT]
[KVLT]
Members
2,302 posts
7,216 battles

I like how BB players cry so hard about everything that it all gets nerfed into the ground. I also really enjoy how they wait til everyone else is dead and then complain about how their team is trash, and now no one is going to defend the map border because god forbid they cant use all 23km of their max range to miss the ocean.

[TF57]
Members
1,380 posts
4,100 battles

For a pc game, they're some of the best graphics that I've seen. 

Really?  .....How many PC games, besides WoWs, have you played?

• Cool 1

Members
5,397 posts
3,213 battles

I just like the change of pacing from other MMOs like WoT, actions require a lot more thought and strategy than other games, if they are to be successful at least.

[PAT]
Members
1,667 posts
4,165 battles

I like the slow pace, general balance, nice community, and a class I know I will never master (CVs)