Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Erebthoron

Unique French commander gets bonus for adrenalin rush and expert marksman

52 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,363
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,660 posts
20,373 battles

From the dev blog

 

ST, new unique commander

A unique French commander, Jacques-Jean Honoré, is added to the game. He has improved Expert Marksman and Adrenaline Rush skills.

Expert Marksman: +3 deg/s (instead of 2.5 deg/s) to traverse speed of guns with a caliber of up to 139 mm; +1 deg/s (instead of 0.7 deg/s) to traverse speed of guns with a caliber above 139 mm.

Adrenaline Rush: -0.25% (instead of -0.2%) to reload time of all types of armament for each 1% of HP lost.

https://www.facebook.com/wowsdevblog/posts/1996575970668740

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
81
[S0L0]
Members
279 posts
6,172 battles

Seems like a good battleship captain to me.

Any word on how this unique commander will be acquired or is that TBD?

 

Edited by JB_24
missed a letter, typos! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,311 battles
14 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

From the dev blog

 

ST, new unique commander

A unique French commander, Jacques-Jean Honoré, is added to the game. He has improved Expert Marksman and Adrenaline Rush skills.

Expert Marksman: +3 deg/s (instead of 2.5 deg/s) to traverse speed of guns with a caliber of up to 139 mm; +1 deg/s (instead of 0.7 deg/s) to traverse speed of guns with a caliber above 139 mm.

Adrenaline Rush: -0.25% (instead of -0.2%) to reload time of all types of armament for each 1% of HP lost.

https://www.facebook.com/wowsdevblog/posts/1996575970668740

Nice. Well guess the French BB arc is confirmed then.

Also @Chobittsu check it out! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
76
[SQUAD]
[SQUAD]
Members
182 posts
462 battles
10 minutes ago, khorender_1 said:

Running out of gimmicks for ships so now they are moving on to Captains ?

Running out of gimmicks there, too. If this holds to be true, then 3 of the 4 uniques will share the EM upgraded skill. I don't recall if Yammy's skills include the upgraded EM.

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,821
[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,143 posts
21 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Nice. Well guess the French BB arc is confirmed then.

Also @Chobittsu check it out! 

RESPIRATION LOURDE EN FRANÇAIS

  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
418
[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,523 posts

I could say I already have a 19 point French Admiral, but then I remembered he's for my Henry the 4th. :cap_win:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
713
[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,154 posts
10,140 battles
2 minutes ago, TornadoADV said:

I could say I already have a 19 point French Admiral, but then I remembered he's for my Henry the 4th. :cap_win:

Yeah my HIV commander is 19 points and just got a second 19 point commander in anticipation for the new line. LOL well I guess I will have a spare after I get Jacques-Jean Honoré.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
525
[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,062 posts
1,501 battles

I like the looks of this better than Jack Dunkirk, he's hard to make full use of and that make stuff feel like a waste.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
381
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,472 posts
16,384 battles
6 minutes ago, Carl said:

I like the looks of this better than Jack Dunkirk, he's hard to make full use of and that make stuff feel like a waste.

Dunkirk will be better when British DDs show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,098 posts
6 minutes ago, Carl said:

I like the looks of this better than Jack Dunkirk, he's hard to make full use of and that make stuff feel like a waste.

 

The temptation is to use him on a Cruiser since you can take all of his traits but you should use him on Battleships because Expert Marksman is incredibly helpful on RN BBs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
76
[SQUAD]
[SQUAD]
Members
182 posts
462 battles
Just now, Warped_1 said:

Dunkirk will be better when British DDs show.

He's great in the RN CL's, and in Gallant, pretty useful in keeping Camptownladiessingthissongdoodadooda alive longer, as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
76
[SQUAD]
[SQUAD]
Members
182 posts
462 battles
1 minute ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

 

The temptation is to use him on a Cruiser since you can take all of his traits but you should use him on Battleships because Expert Marksman is incredibly helpful on RN BBs.

The temptation to use him that way is also what he's actually meant for, so, no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
183
[LOS]
Members
628 posts
9,253 battles

Funny, this is not a historical trait of the French Navy.  In the 19th and early 20th century the Royal Navy gauged their gunnery in terms of how much faster reoading time was and how their greater ROF was more accurate then the French or any other Navy.  The French and their Army were lauded for their very high and accurate ROF thanks in part to the 75mm  mle 1897 during the first World War.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,098 posts
27 minutes ago, xDiaboliquex said:

The temptation to use him that way is also what he's actually meant for, so, no.

The smoke trait is no longer that important since the change to smoke puffs and the turret traverse is wasted on high tier CLs. That leaves an extra +5% to consumables which is great but not game changing.

 

He is a perfect Belfast captain, which is where I had him, but since Belfast requires IFHE you can't use him on any other ship which is a huge waste. Or you could spec him for a BB and use him on Conqueror, Nelson, Hood and Warspite and Duke of York.The faster turret traverse on those ships is amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
67
[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
466 posts
6,104 battles
1 hour ago, xDiaboliquex said:

Running out of gimmicks there, too. If this holds to be true, then 3 of the 4 uniques will share the EM upgraded skill. I don't recall if Yammy's skills include the upgraded EM.

Yamamoto's specials do not lie in the skills.  His skills are identical to any regular captain.  He has 2 special abilities:

First Blood:  +1 to all consumables

Kraken Unleashed:  +388 hp/sec within 120 seconds
                                   -16% to reload time of torpedo tubes
                                    -16% to servicing time of carrier aircraft
                                   -34% to reload time of main battery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NASTY]
Beta Testers
286 posts
9,008 battles

Très hâte de pouvoir l'utliser sur l'un de mes navires Français!

 

(Really Looking forward to use him on one of my French Ship)

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
183
[LOS]
Members
628 posts
9,253 battles
1 minute ago, drghost69 said:

Très hâte de pouvoir l'utliser sur l'un de mes navires Français!

 

(Really Looking forward to use him on one of my French Ship)

Ja, und Ich werde Ihn ermorden, ja sehr gern!!!  Immer gut Spass!

Yes, and I will so gladly murder him!!!  All in good fun! :Smile_izmena:   

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NASTY]
Beta Testers
286 posts
9,008 battles
19 minutes ago, Sinton said:

Ja, und Ich werde Ihn ermorden, ja sehr gern!!!  Immer gut Spass!

Yes, and I will so gladly murder him!!!  All in good fun! :Smile_izmena:   

That escalated pretty quickly lol :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
372
[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles
1 hour ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

 

The temptation is to use him on a Cruiser since you can take all of his traits but you should use him on Battleships because Expert Marksman is incredibly helpful on RN BBs.

I keep Jack on my Brit cruisers. While some of his special skills have no use on BBs, many of the must take skills translate pretty good between Brit BBs and CLs so he works pretty well on their premium BBs. 

The French commander sounds pretty good at first. Definite BB commander; French CLs don’t need faster turret traverse and CLs in general don’t benefit from AR as much as BBs or heavy cruisers. That increase in AR looks like this on a BB with 30s reload:

50% health - 26.25s (27s reg AR)

25% health - 24.375s ( 25.5s reg AR)

In the grand scheme of things, it’s not much better than regular AR, but AR is pretty much a must have skill for BBs so it’s still a benefit.

Edited by SavageTactical

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
723
[FML]
Members
2,258 posts
11,452 battles

I decided to keep the Fiji because it was good fun. Jack Dunkirk was excellent for that ship; the faster turrets help track DDs (only Minotaur doesn't need the EM skill), I added smoke screen expert to make massive puffs which, at the time, meant higher survival whilst slowing down when there was only 2 puffs, and faster consumables are great because smoke = life. 

He is perfect for that ship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×