You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DemonW0lf

When will super containers be more super?

47 comments in this topic

[IHW]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
243 posts

Been a few months since I last managed to get one and finally got one today but as usual the result was the same. I think the rewards need to be tweaked a bit.Untitled.thumb.jpg.13b009633d9b85e54f44a0a380ac9705.jpgUntitled2.thumb.jpg.59eaa716b64ed8d87f488a7f62568f88.jpg

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
8,327 posts
15,158 battles
4 minutes ago, Cpt_JM_Nascimento said:

Two things:

You MUST sacrifice moar goats to RNG.

I dont know why u are complaining about a 625k credit container.

If you get credits in a super container, how many credits do you get? I have never gotten credits in one, so I don't know, but I bet it's more than 625k. Maybe it would be more super if they gave you 1 of each of those consumables. Let's face it you can make 625k easily in 1 battle with the Mo and many other ships. One of those consumables is definitely a let down. Yeah I got a Super Container and then oh, bummer. It is the only way to get them and some people covet them, but not I.

[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
22,242 posts
12,458 battles
7 minutes ago, Cpt_JM_Nascimento said:

Two things:

You MUST sacrifice moar goats to RNG.

I dont know why u are complaining about a 625k credit container.

QFT and depending on what upgrade module he has to give up that is an amazing special.

2 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

If you get credits in a super container, how many credits do you get? I have never gotten credits in one, so I don't know, but I bet it's more than 625k. Maybe it would be more super if they gave you 1 of each of those consumables. Let's face it you can make 625k easily in 1 battle with the Mo and many other ships. One of those consumables is definitely a let down. Yeah I got a Super Container and then oh, bummer. It is the only way to get them and some people covet them, but not I.

Yeah but you didn't have to spend fifteen minutes give or take to get that 625k. Personally I find the camouflages to be a bigger let down.

Members
819 posts
13,627 battles

If Wargaming made the super containers more super people would buy less ships and doubloons. As they stand they offer just a taste to the lucky few but the market is still there for people to spend their money.

• Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
4,369 posts
7,997 battles

Got 50,000 FXP in one last night so... yeah.

[TBW]
Members
8,327 posts
15,158 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

Yeah but you didn't have to spend fifteen minutes give or take to get that 625k. Personally I find the camouflages to be a bigger let down.

Yup, I sell those too. 50 camos at 45,000 per, will net you 2,250,000 credits.

Members
1,271 posts
3,633 battles
15 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

If you get credits in a super container, how many credits do you get? I have never gotten credits in one, so I don't know, but I bet it's more than 625k

I'm pretty sure super containers used to give out 5 million credits but Wargaming removed that because "people preferred credit containers for credits" or something like that.

Alpha Tester
2,443 posts

I doubt supercontainers will ever be super again. If anything they should be renamed to special or bonus containers.

• Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
9,711 posts
17,411 battles

I admit when I get a SC the anticipation builds as it drops down and starts to open. Will it be a ship? Doubloons? 10 Million credits? Premium time? 50K Free XP (LOVE those)? Some useful camo or flags? And then, when it opens and I see a module, I am like CRAP! LOL. I would say 50% of my SC's have been these modules. Not only is it a "meh" feeling but even if it is a good one you might want to use I have yet to be able to mount one on the ship I would like to use it on. It seems to be a pointless reward.:Smile_sad:

Now, with that said, I always try to keep in mind that this is something WG gives us for FREE and that they don't have to do it. So anything I get is a FREE bonus. I have been pretty lucky getting SC's. Might go long stretches without any but then have a short span where I get multiple. Although I have got plenty of meh modules I have also got multiple 50K Free XP drops as well as doubloons, premium time, 10 Million credits once, and some good camo and flags. Never got a ship but have got awesome stuff from some.

So when I get a module, after I say CRAP, I jump into inventory and sell it for 625K credits. That is 625K credits MORE than I had a few seconds ago for FREE. That makes me happy. It's a lot more than if I got a regular container with credits in TYL (70K) or even if I hit all 3 credit boxes in a regular credit container which would be 150K.  May not be 10 Million credits but it for darn sure is a lot more than 70K and 150K.

So while I get the disappointment try and look at the positive side. You got a great prize for FREE! :Smile_great:

EDIT - it looks like from the most recent update of the wiki on containers that Super Containers no longer drop the massive credit rewards like they used to. As said I got a 10 Million drop once and have read of others getting 5 and 20 Million. But no such rewards are listed now so they must have been pulled. So it appears that selling the modules is the only "credit" reward now from a Super Container. This is what is listed as possible rewards and it is current enough to include 2017 Santa boxes...

• 50 000 or 100 000 Free XP.
  • 1000 or 2500 doubloons.
  • 100x non-special signal.
  • 25x, 50x or 100 special signal.
  • 50x camouflage.
  • Premium ship, including captain and port slot.
  • 7, 14 or 30 days Premium account.
  • Special Upgrades (the modules- text linked to the page on them)
Edited by AdmiralThunder

[LEGIT]
Members
1,969 posts
27,151 battles
10 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

True.  But you can get the 625K credits any time you want to play the Missouri.

Supercontainers are rare, and you have no control over when you're going to receive them, so it makes the 625K credits in the container disappointing.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
1,705 posts
7,566 battles

They don't have to be more 'Super', I would be happy if I just seen one more often, they are currently the rarest item in the game.

[PHUA]
Beta Testers
225 posts
3,895 battles

WG might be best off dropping a few options from super containers, simply because a lot of the rewards feel very underwhelming given how rare the containers are.  Got one a few days ago and I was all excited for it until I went to click the open button.  Told myself not to get too hyped, it was probably going to be garbage.

Surprise, surprise, it was.  I really didn't need another 50 copies of a camouflage I'd already had over 250 of and was only now starting to use up.

Super containers should be rare flags, free or elite XP, gold, and the occasional module or ship.  You know, things that are actually considered valuable.

[TBW]
Members
8,327 posts
15,158 battles

If you think about it the modules are of more value just because the SC is the only way to get them. You actually have to be lucky to even be able to run them at all. So only lucky Captains have the option of running extended radar time etc.. which is a disadvantage for the unlucky. Even so, they are still a bit disappointing to me. They really should sell the mods and make super containers Super. On the other hand Wheel of fortune has more bankrupts than $1,000,000 slots on the wheel.

Get a Super Container face the wheel.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[KRAB]
Members
865 posts
7,323 battles

The entitlement is real.

Think what some of those rewards would mean to a standard account free player.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
8,327 posts
15,158 battles
3 minutes ago, MaxL_1023 said:

The entitlement is real.

Think what some of those rewards would mean to a standard account free player.

en·ti·tle·ment

NOUN
  1. the fact of having a right to something:
    "full entitlement to fees and maintenance should be offered" · "you should be fully aware of your legal entitlements"

Beta Testers
295 posts
12,241 battles

The powers that be give you a free phone,, you gripe because it's not the newest I-phone, give you food stamps/ EBT card, you complain because you can't buy beer/pot at the corner dispensary/cigarettes, give you section 8 and or assisted housing, but you don't want it because it doesn't come with a pool, in-state tuition, nope,, I wanna go to Harvard/Yale/School of Rock. Trophies for last place, tax cuts but the rich get more cuts so it's bad mummmkay.

Free, that is a wonderful thing that should be appreciated no matter the container's contents. The entitlement attitude = bad. RESPECT my authoritah.  

aaa9053346fd4b42154e88e29c55ad1b14c0fbf5420d3bdac530d41a1fc24a32.jpg

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,443 posts
22 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I admit when I get a SC the anticipation builds as it drops down and starts to open. Will it be a ship? Doubloons? 10 Million credits? Premium time? 50K Free XP (LOVE those)? Some useful camo or flags? And then, when it opens and I see a module, I am like CRAP! LOL. I would say 50% of my SC's have been these modules. Not only is it a "meh" feeling but even if it is a good one you might want to use I have yet to be able to mount one on the ship I would like to use it on. It seems to be a pointless reward.:Smile_sad:

WG should disable the animation and just have the container open as soon as we click one of the options. I hate the suspense.

12 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

If you think about it the modules are of more value just because the SC is the only way to get them. You actually have to be lucky to even be able to run them at all. So only lucky Captains have the option of running extended radar time etc.. which is a disadvantage for the unlucky. Even so, they are still a bit disappointing to me.

Can't mount speed boost on Derzki, hydro mod on Iwaki or the damage control mod on Ishizuchi. Thus these upgrades are useless to me, and I'm not interested in high tier ships. The highest tier ship I keep permanently is Belfast, but it can't mount the radar mod. I believe these upgrades should be rewards for ranked/clan battles only.

[EGO]
Members
3,698 posts
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

QFT and depending on what upgrade module he has to give up that is an amazing special.

Seriously?  What ship would you put this on?

Edited by CaptainTeddybear

Beta Testers
295 posts
12,241 battles
13 minutes ago, psmobius1 said:

So I am guessing you guys mostly select chance on each of your 3 crates daily if you earn enough XP to get all 3?

I always chose the Flags/camo. Prem stuff you can buy with silver, and the drop rate for SC is so small why bother. Plus it's free, and I likes my flags.

• Cool 2

[TBW]
Members
8,327 posts
15,158 battles
10 minutes ago, psmobius1 said:

So I am guessing you guys mostly select chance on each of your 3 crates daily if you earn enough XP to get all 3?

Actually I go with signals and camos just about every time. I generate credits and I can auto supply consumable for credits but I can't get the signals for credits in game thus signals and camos. I still get some SC's from them.

Members
65 posts
753 battles
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Actually I go with signals and camos just about every time. I generate credits and I can auto supply consumable for credits but I can't get the signals for credits in game thus signals and camos. I still get some SC's from them.

Ah, I didn't realize you could get a SC from one of the other choices, I am newer to the game and just working on mostly tier IV to VI ships now so the flags go a long way for me at this point. I tried the chance several times but usually just get 4 flags which is a let down to me. Chance has been okay at dropping some free XP for me but nothing spectacular that I can recall.