You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kraayt

Blacklist ?

17 comments in this topic

[BEARS]
[BEARS]
Beta Testers
207 posts
5,835 battles

Does Blacklisting a player keep the player out of your games?

I know Karma ranking has become irrelevant to many players since it is basically no penalty for poor play, manners or negative behavior.    I just had a player throw a game either because he didn't understand the objectives, language barrier or just didn't care.   Any reason of which, I would rather not team with him again.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,888 posts

Several times last night, a lone DD headed off to a cap on it's own.  Folks yelling in chat.  I communicated the plan using the SPAM key, and the message was received.

Please understand that not everyone speaks your language.

Put your cursor over the cap objective letter and hit F3.

[KFL]
Members
689 posts
7,401 battles

I have no idea what it's for. I use to have players blacklisted and I would see them on my team in randoms and they were able to chat with me.... So idk.

[NGAGE]
[NGAGE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
209 posts
6,226 battles
5 minutes ago, Kraayt said:

I know Karma ranking has become irrelevant to many players since it is basically no penalty for poor play, manners or negative behavior.    I just had a player throw a game either because he didn't understand the objectives, language barrier or just didn't care.   Any reason of which, I would rather not team with him again.

Nope, they just can't talk to you.

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
688 posts
8,832 battles
12 minutes ago, GreyFox78659 said:

MM is supposed to try to keep you away from them but a 5 min dump cancels that.

Noooo... it's a chat/commo function only.

[CVA16]
Members
2,760 posts
7,280 battles

I didn't know there was a blacklist lol. The only ones I ever give a bad karma are the ones who cuss or berate another in chat. I may be a bit jaded but I don't think anyone plays to loose or throw a game. I know I don't. I may have sucked or lost the game but I went down fighting.

[BEARS]
[BEARS]
Beta Testers
207 posts
5,835 battles
13 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

I didn't know there was a blacklist lol. The only ones I ever give a bad karma are the ones who cuss or berate another in chat. I may be a bit jaded but I don't think anyone plays to loose or throw a game. I know I don't. I may have sucked or lost the game but I went down fighting.

I wish you were right, but I know from several occasions that the "team" player deliberately threw the game.   This was declared by the player.   Other times, just don't know if it was a soloing stat padder that ignored an obvious cap win or just a runner who didn't want to scratch his digital paint on his digital ship.   Hell, yesterday, we had a chance to win a game and the BB ran to a corner stating that he/she/it didn't want to die because of a campaign opportunity...probably a dreadnaught, but that doesn't cut anything with me.  

Beta Testers
1,173 posts
14,724 battles

Got a neg karma point the other day cause I killed a Nelson who was trying to get dreadnaught....during the fight, me in a DD, he was losing so started screaming that I shouldn't kill him because he was trying for the task.....all the while doing his best to kill me...... funny stuff.

[CVA16]
Members
2,760 posts
7,280 battles
2 minutes ago, Kraayt said:

I wish you were right, but I know from several occasions that the "team" player deliberately threw the game.   This was declared by the player.   Other times, just don't know if it was a soloing stat padder that ignored an obvious cap win or just a runner who didn't want to scratch his digital paint on his digital ship.   Hell, yesterday, we had a chance to win a game and the BB ran to a corner stating that he/she/it didn't want to die because of a campaign opportunity...probably a dreadnaught, but that doesn't cut anything with me.  

Well Kraayt if I'm ever on your side you won't have to worry about that from me.th?id=OIP.RtGeszUb-yjGTAhAJ1YJnwD0D_&pid My crew and myself will fight until the ship is a burning hulk and all ordinance has been expended. As we are sinking we will on deck throwing rocks at them Captain.

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,154 posts
10,127 battles
2 hours ago, Kraayt said:

Blacklisting a player prevents them from sending private messages to you while in port. That is all it does. 

[MVKS]
Members
162 posts
13,495 battles
On 1/15/2018 at 2:35 AM, Kraayt said:

I can confirm what the OP is saying about Karma. It does NOTHING!!! how do I know? Well my wife is almost illiterate. She's an average player (so am I) I have had as high as 40 Karma (currently 32) hers is and always has been ZERO.

Anytime my wife is accused of doing something (or not doing something) she can not defend herself. She has even been accused (actually several times) of being AFK, even though she was not AFK (not even late) and moving at top speed. She can not argue in her defence, and if a teammate, rallied the team to report her, she has no way of explaining her actions in a bid to stop the entire team from reporting her.

Anyway, she has zero Karma and I have had up to 40. We both receive almost identical amounts of loot from Supercontainers and such. It also seems that our Lineups from MM are pretty similar too.

In other words, we can't see how Karma Affects you, one way or another. I suspect its just something WG keeps there for the people who do think its real. It helps keep them inline. but slowly everyone is realising Karma ain't doing jack.

My wife has been almost in tears over that Karma system. It took me a very long time to prove to her that it is not real. I understand her frustration. She's a good girl. kind, sweet, generous. She always plays for the team (not her self) so she feels that if anyone should have good Karma it should be her (and I agree with her). instead, she has the lowest Karma of anyone I know in Warships.

Yup. Warships Karma ain't real :) GLA

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[TX]
Members
367 posts
4,412 battles

Eh... I'm at zero, too. And was at 6 about 2 weeks ago.
Most likely.... negatives from guys I torp'ed, or one shot killed... idk.

[NWNG]
Members
2,625 posts
4,530 battles

from what I have seen: Black listing only prevents you from receiving messages from them, both in and out of battle. It does not prevent you from being placed on the same team, nor does it prevent F# key spamming, nor minimap spamming.