21 comments in this topic

[TFP]
Members
696 posts
19,807 battles

hello everyone was reviewing in detail some things of the DUKE, and has a very ugly nerfed that is the recharge of the main battery, 29,5 when his twin the KGV has 25.

If we compare the brothers IOWA and MISSOURI have exactly the same recharge, because they apply it to the British ship?

historically the King George V class was quite Armored, in comparison to the other English ships,
for example in 1941 the Bismarck defeats the Hood, because the Hood had a very thin armor on the deck, and that took the British to improve that in their next Ships.

duke of york armored deck citadel 13mm poor armore BB of T7

LrWoKiz.jpg

example nelson  ARMORE DECK CITADEL 165mm

kWeClX6.jpg

scharnhorst 80mm armore citadel 

ZGOwHmv.jpg

so 13mm armore citadel is crazy, for a BB. the myoko has 32MM is a cruiser. its called (nerf) duke of nerf

Why do POMPOMs break so much? the nelson has the POMPOMS AA and does not have shields, but the DUKE has anti-projectile shields to support and not be destroyed so easily.

pompoms duke with amored, but is easy destroy , why?

horqZcS.jpg

pompoms nelson no have armore and destroy easy, big difference , with amored and with amored and is same easy destroy it.

eoJGkb4.jpg

double purpose cannons has a very low damage if we compare it with the double sediments of queen elizabeth which is exceeded by twice the damage.

QUEEEN ELIZABETH T6   HAS 7.2k range & 107 dps

G7M4ejF.jpg

DUKE OF YORK HAS 6.5K RANGE  & 78 DPS

ocrzkpN.jpg

BOTH IS FULL AA WITH MODULES &  SKILLS OF THE CAPTAIN

rudder king george V & duke of york:

duke turn in 14 sec 

WnDOIke.jpg

king george V turn in 12sec and are same hull.

xDkr3aV.jpg

I watch that DUKE of York is a version premiun nerfed of king george V

party healt duke is 2 and king george V is 3.

MISSOURI IS A IOWA BUFFED!

Edited by rafael_azuaje

[BLUE_]
Members
422 posts
15,590 battles

That isn't the armored deck. It's one of the bulkheads (i might be wrong). And dont let the name fool u, that plate only receives that name because it's the limit of the citadel hitbox in game.

The real armored deck is higher and where the IRL limit of the citadel roof was. 127-152mm. It's actually a limitation of the armor viewer in game that doesnt let the players see it.

It becomes obvious with the old citadel hitbox of the Iowa and Montana. It was possible to see the actual armored deck of them with the armor viewer. After the citadel hitbox was lowered we cant see it anymore.

About the reload times of KGV and DoY. To start both of them are ahistorical. And why WG thought DoY would become OP with hydro without nerfing a lot of other stuff in her final version? I have no idea. It was their balancing decision. :etc_hide_turtle: I dont agree with it, before i give the wrong idea. Also i didn't agree with making DoY a "supercruiser" because she would make the utility of the tier 7 cruisers obsolete, with exception of the ones with radar.

I agree that it's odd for an armored AA mount have less HP than the same one without it. There are several other examples in the game.

About the dual purpose guns between QE and DoY. They have different caliber, firecontrols, technology, reload, muzzle velocity etc. That's why the difference in AA dps.

[90TH]
[90TH]
Members
327 posts
4,935 battles
37 minutes ago, Cpt_JM_Nascimento said:

About the dual purpose guns between QE and DoY. They have different caliber, firecontrols, technology, reload, muzzle velocity etc. That's why the difference in AA dps.

The 4.5 inch mounts found on QE/Valiant/Renown and most of the RN's carriers were considered to be superior as an AA weapon than the 5.25 inch mounts found on the KGV. The turrets were cramped and the heavy ammunition resulted in a reduced rate of fire. This was partially corrected when Vanguard was built as the secondary turrets were enlarged.

Back to the DoY, I see no reason why she should have a worse reload and rudder shift. Yes her AA is better, but it's easily countered with HE and you rarely see CVs these days anyway. The increased AA means you lose your spotter plane and with it increased range, plus you have the nerfed heal. Personally I think WG should buff the RoF/rudder shift to KGV levels, bin the hydro, make her more resistant to fire and give her Okt Revolutsiya's heal/repair gimmick. That said though I don't believe she is 'garbage' as LWM says in her review, she just isn't as good as KGV.

Edited by Monty9185
  • Cool 1

[TFP]
Members
696 posts
19,807 battles

which balance, the duke is a total nerf, obviously has a hydrophone, because it has no plane and more is the radar than if it had it, the iowa and missouri are exact but the missouri is totally the improved version of the iowa, in the case of duke no! Rudder turn slower than his brother, recharges slower. there it is seen at first sight of the discrimination of the ship. WG considers it garbage. when this can be much better historically I defeat the scharnhorts because I had better technology

YXCdMod.jpg

[TFP]
Members
696 posts
19,807 battles
5 hours ago, Monty9185 said:

The 4.5 inch mounts found on QE/Valiant/Renown and most of the RN's carriers were considered to be superior as an AA weapon than the 5.25 inch mounts found on the KGV. The turrets were cramped and the heavy ammunition resulted in a reduced rate of fire. This was partially corrected when Vanguard was built as the secondary turrets were enlarged.

Back to the DoY, I see no reason why she should have a worse reload and rudder shift. Yes her AA is better, but it's easily countered with HE and you rarely see CVs these days anyway. The increased AA means you lose your spotter plane and with it increased range, plus you have the nerfed heal. Personally I think WG should buff the RoF/rudder shift to KGV levels, bin the hydro, make her more resistant to fire and give her Okt Revolutsiya's heal/repair gimmick. That said though I don't believe she is 'garbage' as LWM says in her review, she just isn't as good as KGV.

if we compare twin battleships:
the missouri overcomes the iowa in AA and has radar.
scharhorts surpasses in cadence of shot and has 9 guns while the gniesenau has 6 main cannons and cadence of slower shot.
but the king george surpasses more so much in the survival as in turn of rudder and recharge of main guns. The AA defenses have armor and are destroyed with any shot up to a light cruiser. they are things that must be corrected.

if the DYO has 2 party health, then put it as it has the HMS NELSON that heals 60%

[BLUE_]
Members
422 posts
15,590 battles
17 hours ago, rafael_azuaje said:

which balance, the duke is a total nerf, obviously has a hydrophone, because it has no plane and more is the radar than if it had it, the iowa and missouri are exact but the missouri is totally the improved version of the iowa, in the case of duke no! Rudder turn slower than his brother, recharges slower. there it is seen at first sight of the discrimination of the ship. WG considers it garbage. when this can be much better historically I defeat the scharnhorts because I had better technology

With superior technology u mean burning a lone Scharnhorst to the death from range? While a bunch of brithish DDs (soonTM) lauching torp soups every 1 minute undetected and the cruisers are spamming smokes like DDs as well? I could mention in a cyclone scenario, but then Scharnhorst would be able to get in a brawl scenario and screw the british ships.

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,099 posts
9,864 battles

My 2 cents, WG wanted the ship to be different and didn’t want it to outclass the silver ship. What I think they should do is increase her sigma to 2 or 2.1, make her limited number of heals super heals, and give you the option between hydro or Defensive Fire.

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
5,164 battles

If DoY is a nerf of KGV than nerf it 90% of players won’t notice the change. I barely do. It also seems to make up for it with slightly better accuracy.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[RKLES]
Members
8,689 posts
10,817 battles
23 hours ago, rafael_azuaje said:

YXCdMod.jpg

When the lone Scharnhorst was defeated take a look at how many ships the Britsh had out there. The British hated to have ships attack alone and instead tried using overwhelming numbers where ever possible which often helped mask the weaknesses of their ships in the process.

Scharnhorst gave a good account of itself in its final battle when you consider it was 1 vs a variety of other Warships.

• Cool 1

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
5,164 battles

If anything the sinking of the Scharnhorst proves that the Bismarck was scuttled not sunk. As sinking the Scharnhorst a much lighter armored ship took almost as many ships as the Bismarck.

[RKLES]
Members
8,689 posts
10,817 battles
Just now, GreyFox78659 said:

If anything the sinking of the Scharnhorst proves that the Bismarck was scuttled not sunk. As sinking the Scharnhorst a much lighter armored ship took almost as many ships as the Bismarck.

Bismarck also did not have any of the signs of decompression having happened which means it was flooding completely and evenly from the inside in ways that shells or Torpedoes can't accomplish since you would always have some watertight compartments still sealed and those would get crushed by the water pressure as she sank to the depths of the Atlantic, but the fact those compartments were obviously left open as well as scuttling charge damage to the water intake valve area means she was scuttled.

• Cool 1

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
5,164 battles

Also don’t forget Graf Spee it was only because the British tricked the captain into thinking Repulse was near by that he scuttled her. Otherwise he was going to fight 3 on 1 and win.

[YAN]
Members
1,648 posts
7,900 battles

Bismarck ultimately would have sunk, scuttled or not. All her armamants had essentially been destroyed and she but a mere burning hulk.

If she didn't sink, the British would've eventually added her as a decoration in Portsmouth, which would have been great propaganda against Germany.

[TFP]
Members
696 posts
19,807 battles

is to improve the duke in these aspects:
1- Reach from main cannon to 25 seconds.
2- rudder turn to 12 seconds
3- apply durability in the AA armament, since it has steel shields, this should give 20% of life to AA
4- put 3 on health and not 2 as it is at present.
remember that it is twin of king geoger V have the same displacement the same speed and the same cannons.

Do not be so discriminating the Duke of York.

example the bismarck is twin of the tirpitz, imagine to tirpizt in recharge to 30 seconds.

or the missouri recharges to 35 seconds.

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
742 posts
5,337 battles
On 1/15/2018 at 12:02 PM, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

You can sum up the Duke of [edited] with this simple meme;

21bky2.jpg

Except, of course, the simple reality is DOY is what you get when you listen to CODD!p$h!ts rather than BB drivers; because no BB driver in their right mind would say a stock anything is a good idea, especially for the trade off of garbage hydro in something that takes longer to turn than the International Space Station.  Which is exactly what DDippers want.

[TFP]
Members
696 posts
19,807 battles

I tell you again DUKE OF YORK NEED BUFF! 

reload to 25secs as has KGV

rudder turn to 12 as has KGV

3 health as has KGV

why dont nerf misssouri? because is american ship?

[TFP]
Members
696 posts
19,807 battles
On 30/1/2018 at 4:23 PM, AceM193 said:

Well I think they could leave her as is (rate of fire) just give her Arizona class accuracy :Smile_smile: 

it is better that the duke retains the same values of the king, in recharge, turn of the rudder and helalth, as are the bismarck of the tirpizt and the iowa of the missouri.

Members
50 posts
4,165 battles
7 hours ago, rafael_azuaje said:

it is better that the duke retains the same values of the king, in recharge, turn of the rudder and helalth, as are the bismarck of the tirpizt and the iowa of the missouri.

For those who liked the KGV, yeah indeed, I would like to see some variety :cap_hmm:

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.