You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ju87s

What do I need to buy from the shop to fix my MMs?

110 comments in this topic

[-B2P-]
Members
1,662 posts
20,270 battles

jrzfkg.jpg

2 straight days I've had matches like this. DDs yolo straight into the reds and die immediately and/or a CV with 30-44% winrate on my team.

[HINON]
Supertester
21,467 posts
15,219 battles

15 of the $100 doubloon packages. I'll PM you a list with names who to buy them for.

I'm on that list only four times.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 12

[-B2P-]
Members
1,662 posts
20,270 battles
1 minute ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

A tinfoil hat.

I used to scoff at the conspiracy. Recently I've become much less of a skeptic.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,468 battles
1 minute ago, Ju87s said:

I used to scoff at the conspiracy. Recently I've become much less of a skeptic.

Well you just lost any credibility or sympathy. I would start posting tinfoil hat memes as well as Gordon Freeman's thoughts on the subject but it is too early for this crap.

• Cool 1

[-B2P-]
Members
1,662 posts
20,270 battles
2 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

Are you in a Division? That tends to help.

Nope. My stats are usually pretty much the same whether I'm in a division or solo. I think I actually do less damage when div'd up actually.

[-B2P-]
Members
1,662 posts
20,270 battles
1 minute ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Well you just lost any credibility or sympathy. I would start posting tinfoil hat memes as well as Gordon Freeman's thoughts on the subject but it is too early for this crap.

Don't take things so seriously

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,468 battles
1 minute ago, Ju87s said:

Don't take things so seriously

Don't post topics like this then. If you hate the MM so much play co-op or Operations.

Members
4,807 posts
7,958 battles

MM does not care on whit about any one player - there is nothing you can buy to make the MM 'treat' you better.

[-B2P-]
Members
1,662 posts
20,270 battles
9 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Don't post topics like this then. If you hate the MM so much play co-op or Operations.

you're even saltier than me this morning. I posted this to get some frustration off my chest. What's irkin you?

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,796 posts
4,616 battles

MM doesn't care who you are or how it arranges you in the match, nothing you do or buy shall change anything. You just had a bad day is all.

[SBS]
Members
4,596 posts
2,408 battles
Just now, CylonRed said:

MM does not care on whit about any one player - there is nothing you can buy to make the MM 'treat' you better.

There was some discussion recently where someone was looking into this and he believed there could be something to it.  While I'm not so sure, we do know there is technology being used in the industry that factors many variables for determining MM.  Some of those factors are recent wins/loses and store transactions of individuals.  I have no idea if WG is using this kind of technology or not.   

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,468 battles
3 minutes ago, Ju87s said:

you're even saltier than me this morning. I posted this to get some frustration off my chest. What's irkin you?

Dude, I have seen at least 25+ threads like this. It gets old after awhile, plus at half of them are used as platforms for conspiracy theory crap. It is very frustrating. If I had known this was just you venting, would of let you go but you gave no indication otherwise. I apologize for jumping to conclusions. If I may give some advice, next time you post something like this use the tags to say that this isn't serious or put in your original post that you are just venting, it will help in preventing future assumptions like this.

[Y0L0]
Members
9,917 posts
14,088 battles
17 minutes ago, Ju87s said:

Nope. My stats are usually pretty much the same whether I'm in a division or solo. I think I actually do less damage when div'd up actually.

there is certain amount of  adjusting to divisional play and be sure to choose ones that are better than you :D

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,468 battles
1 minute ago, Slimeball91 said:

There was some discussion recently where someone was looking into this and he believed there could be something to it.  While I'm not so sure, we do know there is technology being used in the industry that factors many variables for determining MM.  Some of those factors are recent wins/loses and store transactions of individuals.  I have no idea if WG is using this kind of technology or not.   

Yah if I remember correctly LWM basically proved his whole argument invalid because it was subjective not objective. 

Members
402 posts
3,958 battles
34 minutes ago, Ju87s said:

jrzfkg.jpg

2 straight days I've had matches like this. DDs yolo straight into the reds and die immediately and/or a CV with 30-44% winrate on my team.

I feel you OP. Except my teams are scared of caps and sail to the corners and never pushed. Felt like I was trolled all day yesterday because shooting AP at broadside CA's 8km out in the Missouri, shells would either fall short or long of the ship. And if I did connect, 10% shell damage only. Tell me how fun and engaging it is not to able to cause more damage to a broadside Myoko, Hipper, Hindenberg, you name any T7-10 crusier sailing in that fashion, trolled. Their return volleys, I could dodge 11 of the 12 shells they fired but the one that hit me, FIRE. Fire, fire. fire.

This game has become nothing more but that set stuff on fire. I for one am tired of trying to respect cmdrs to mitigate fire damage caused to me. In doing so, I never seem to be able to set anything I shoot at with HE on fire. Imagine that.

• Cool 1

[LODGE]
[LODGE]
Members
2,844 posts
6,387 battles

I think the OP was being facetious, guys.

I see your problem though - you are playing cruisers and BBS! Buy a Blysckawicka or a Leningrad!:Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Thornir

[YORHA]
Members
4,303 posts
7,764 battles

I love these threads where people proclaim "Matchmaker only does this" or "Matchmaker only does that" as statements of fact.

Hands up everyone who worked for WG and helped write the Matchmaker program.

[SBS]
Members
4,596 posts
2,408 battles
Just now, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Yah if I remember correctly LWM basically proved his whole argument invalid because it was subjective not objective.

Yes, mouse did find faults in the methodology of the testing.  However, that in no way disproved the theory.  Again, I'm not suggestion WG is using this technology.  Even if they were, or are going to in the future, that doesn't mean its nefarious.  If this kind of technology is used properly it can be an asset to both WG and the players.    

Members
402 posts
3,958 battles
10 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

MM doesn't care who you are or how it arranges you in the match, nothing you do or buy shall change anything. You just had a bad day is all.

A bad day, that turns into bad days, leading to bad weeks. That's how it for me. Great, so MM doesn't care, yet many garner the impression of getting teamed up with the worst of the worst constantly, resulting in steamroll loses (that's actually my reality). IE: Had a match yesterday that ended in 8 minutes. The team I was matched with melted so fast, and with where I was spawned in at, my guns were silent for the first 4 minutes of the battle. Nothing in range. When the battle ended, the other team lost only 1 ship, we lost 9, I was still alive and only dealt 9k damage (thanks to those 10% pen damage hits), in a T9 BB.

Cannot wait to see what's in store for me today!

After this New Years Mission is over, I'm walking from the game for a bit. It's turning me into the type of player I detest when having to play random battles. Cheers!

[-B2P-]
Members
1,662 posts
20,270 battles
11 minutes ago, ARandomClaymore said:

Felt like I was trolled all day yesterday because shooting AP at broadside CA's 8km out in the Missouri, shells would either fall short or long of the ship. And if I did connect, 10% shell damage only. Tell me how fun and engaging it is not to able to cause more damage to a broadside Myoko, Hipper, Hindenberg, you name any T7-10 crusier sailing in that fashion, trolled. Their return volleys, I could dodge 11 of the 12 shells they fired but the one that hit me, FIRE. Fire, fire. fire.

Dude, right? It's been insane. The only BB I've been able to make shots with has been the GK for some reason recently. Izumo, Missouri, and Iowa, they've all done crap for damage on full broadside ships aimed at the waterline. It's like something happened and all of a sudden I suck at shooting with BBs, but I don't see how I could aim any differently.

Members
4,807 posts
7,958 battles
3 minutes ago, Ju87s said:

Dude, right? It's been insane. The only BB I've been able to make shots with has been the GK for some reason recently. Izumo, Missouri, and Iowa, they've all done crap for damage on full broadside ships aimed at the waterline. It's like something happened and all of a sudden I suck at shooting with BBs, but I don't see how I could aim any differently.

It happens to every player who has played 100 games....

[Y0L0]
Members
9,917 posts
14,088 battles

I've been doing lot better with my BBs this week.   may be I've gotten better, but I am also playing bit more aggressive and my ship kill has been going up even if I do get a loss with better dmg.   sometimes, that is all you can do as BBs as a  class have lowest carry capability.   Well played DD has biggest Carry but has highest skill requirement.       Your MBH  is fine with missouri, so you are hitting ok, but you are getting trolled probably when it comes to citadel or pen dmg.   that can happen.