You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
hawkai

CLAN BATTLE SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT SEASON

12 comments in this topic

[PNP]
Beta Testers
886 posts
18,339 battles

Just a few suggestion that I think would make clan battles more interesting, if you have any ideas, post them, maybe wows will add a few of the ideas

1-FOG OF WAR- this is really needed and would add lots of variables to the fights

2-MAPS- I got so tired of the same 4 maps, how about when you move up a league, you get a set of 4 different maps, this would put 16 maps in the mix if you climb to the top league,  its not like there is a shortage of maps already made, there must be 50 or more sense cbt, also lets bring out some of the old maps and put them back in the game, I liked the old shatter and land of ice maps, some of the old maps where  more challenging  to play on and took more skill to play them well

3-NUMBER OF PLAYERS-increase the requirements as you move up in leagues

squall league-- 7vs7, 1-bb, no cv

gale league--   9vs9,  2-bb, no cv

storm league-- 11vs11, 3-bb, no cv

typhoon league 12vs12, 4-bb, 1-cv

4-GAME TIMES- either extend the battle times, or even make different time slots on certain days, so more people who don't work standard hours can play

Members
5,159 posts

1, you already get this with no cv.

2, i'd rather not have to make an enormous amount of map strategies. While 4 is too little, adding 16 is not the answer, especially when most of those maps are not suitable in size for tier 10.

3, same issues as previous. You're just complicating things, especially with clans that may flip flop between leagues. You're also not restricted to only playing your league at the current time.

4, the problem with increasing amount of time to be played is you impact how skill matters, since if people are able to spam matches, in easier time slots, you can circumvent a skill deficiency. This is how ranked plays currently. The purpose of limiting the time slot so much is to ensure that most teams are playing at the same time, and they'll all have to fight eachother.

• Cool 4

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,796 posts
4,616 battles

Pulicat hit it right on the money. The number of people increasing is bad for small clans too, given the fact that they may be only able to field one team of 7.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,705 posts
17,187 battles
8 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

Pulicat hit it right on the money. The number of people increasing is bad for small clans too, given the fact that they may be only able to field one team of 7.

I belong to a very comfortable and casual clan; and it took us like an hour just to get 7 players together for a night of clan battles.

(Having all the officers not on line also didn't help, and WoW's requirement of needing an officer to get us in was a handicap we took some time to overcome.)

But, yeah, 7 players seems to be a good number, at least for us.

[SALVO]
Members
22,144 posts
22,556 battles
13 minutes ago, Umikami said:

I belong to a very comfortable and casual clan; and it took us like an hour just to get 7 players together for a night of clan battles.

(Having all the officers not on line also didn't help, and WoW's requirement of needing an officer to get us in was a handicap we took some time to overcome.)

IIRC, you can start  battles if you're a "recruiter".  I don't know what the abilities are for each rank.  But it might be a good idea to have a number of people of  recruiter rank just to have enough people so that there should always be at least one who can be on CB's teams and start the battles.

[SALVO]
Members
22,144 posts
22,556 battles
3 hours ago, Pulicat said:

1, you already get this with no cv.

2, i'd rather not have to make an enormous amount of map strategies. While 4 is too little, adding 16 is not the answer, especially when most of those maps are not suitable in size for tier 10.

3, same issues as previous. You're just complicating things, especially with clans that may flip flop between leagues. You're also not restricted to only playing your league at the current time.

4, the problem with increasing amount of time to be played is you impact how skill matters, since if people are able to spam matches, in easier time slots, you can circumvent a skill deficiency. This is how ranked plays currently. The purpose of limiting the time slot so much is to ensure that most teams are playing at the same time, and they'll all have to fight each other.

1.  What world are you living in, Pulicat?  "Fog of War" refers to not being able to see the other team's team roster on the battle's load in screen.  The point is to make things a mystery so that you can't make plans based on knowing what you're facing.  You have to make your plans based on what you HAVE, not on what they enemy has, when Fog of War exists.

And Fog of War is only gradually lifted as you spot each enemy unit.  Haven't you ever played clan wars in World of Tanks?  That's the way it works there, and it's great.

2.  I agree that most existing maps are not sufficiently large for CBs.  I think that perhaps the best that could be done is to have perhaps 8 maps.  And either just have a rotation of 8, or 4 for the first two leagues and 4 for the second two leagues.  Or perhaps they could  switch up the maps each week during the CB's season.

3. I think that the real problem here is that smaller clans would have increasing difficulty fielding larger teams.   And that's probably not a good idea in the long run for the health of CB's.

4. I think that the window needs to be enlarged, simply because it's unfair to people on the west coast.  Not to mention people who don't even live in the US, though a small time window size increase probably wouldn't help them all that much.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,705 posts
17,187 battles
6 minutes ago, Crucis said:

IIRC, you can start  battles if you're a "recruiter".

You're right, and this leads to a hilarious story. The incident where we were all waiting for an officer to get us into clan matches caused our fearless leader to include other players in the officer ranks, sometimes without telling the player in question.

Which is how, the other day, a good friend pointed out in clan chat that I was a recruiter. I was flabbergasted! Got it all worked out (my clan is great) but it was really funny for a minute.

[PVE]
Members
16,261 posts
10,788 battles
30 minutes ago, Umikami said:

17 minutes ago, Crucis said:

IIRC, you can start  battles if you're a "recruiter".  I don't know what the abilities are for each rank.  But it might be a good idea to have a number of people of  recruiter rank just to have enough people so that there should always be at least one who can be on CB's teams and start the battles.

8 minutes ago, Umikami said:

You're right, and this leads to a hilarious story. The incident where we were all waiting for an officer to get us into clan matches caused our fearless leader to include other players in the officer ranks, sometimes without telling the player in question.

Which is how, the other day, a good friend pointed out in clan chat that I was a recruiter. I was flabbergasted! Got it all worked out (my clan is great) but it was really funny for a minute.

Yeah, there needs to be an officer level just for doing clan battles. Then you could make the players that want to be in clan battles a Fleet Commander or something, and they would not necessarily have the ability to dismiss players or build buildings, but could start a clan battle division. Our clan has a generous 84 day no play policy before you will be excluded from the clan. If you need more than 84 days, then as long as you let us know, you can keep your slot so we don't think you gave up on the game. WG was so nice as to send emails to players who were about to be excluded to make sure they didn't want to come back. I'm going to do the grief for that for now. So I have not made everyone an officer just to make sure we keep our promise on people playing. I'm fairly sure it would not be a problem, but I just want to be sure.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,327 posts

The situation I see is when there are just a couple extra players (8 or 9), but not enough for another team.

I had recommended adding an optional 8th 'already dead' player to keep that extra person involved in case someone has to take a break.

Twitch is nice, but it suffers from 'Stream Sniping' from a well organized clan.  Having that extra player reduces the need to use Twitch to broadcast.

The extra person can be a free-camera extra set of roving eyes.  Can give warnings, suggest better strategy, and help struggling ops in difficult spots.

Back when we had 'Team' battles, we could hire mercs when we fell short. 

With Clan battles, we have to wait for folks in the ready room to return from battle to jump in on the next one.

Far better if we could just drop one and continue.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,828 posts
12,206 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

That is what we did, we added several recruiters just for CW so we would always have someone that could start the match.

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
11,805 posts
8,409 battles

I’m not a huge fan of changing the situation between leagues. It makes it harder for people to move up when they have to change their team comps and find new map strats.