Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NeutralState

Can We Have a Frustration Thread?

32 comments in this topic

Members
411 posts

Players refusing to communicate and coordinate plan of attack before the countdown ends. And proceed to do exactly the opposite of what was agreed upon in chat.

• Cool 1

[WM]
Members
354 posts
2,497 battles

"B C?"

"B C is good, A is too open.

"Pushing C"

"Planes over C"

Top tier Gneisenau pushes A alone. Dies alone. Starts raging in chat about how his team are morons who don't support their BBs. C'mon man.

Members
324 posts
5,053 battles

Great idea!  Anything to keep me from explaining another hole in the office wall to my wife.  "Well you see...here I am in my Yamato with 189k damage and 5 kills...and the team wouldn't...you know what nevermind."

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,397 posts
10,167 battles

"Go B and C" - whole team goes C, too slow to catch up with them causes low tier 6 USN BB speed, obliterated by 4 enemy ships going to B. 

"You suck, quit CV's (insert enraged ti-raid)" - from the idiot A: not paying attention that he has my fighters else while engaged away from his bombers dealing with micro manage strafe [edited] and B: is in one of the ships WITH THE WORST AA, and has run off, alone, with no cover.

Being hit by/dodging, friendly torps - if you draw a line in your head, in which my ship can feasibly pass between you and the enemy, over shoot the enemy and hit me, or in anyway get near me - YOU SHOULDN'T BE TAKING THE DAMN SHOT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I will sink, or being a ginger claim the soul of, the next person who gives me crap for retreating, or being with the "lemmings" when I am at 30% health trying to build it back and the only place to retreat, is to the lemmings.

"GG we lost" after 1 or two ships sink. Put on your big boy/girl pants, and play to win still, :etc_swear: happens that the team with an early lead loses.

People Tk'ing friendly AFK's - News flash you jerks, sometimes, they aren't actually AFK, they are stuck on a loading screen (an isue Wargaming needs to fix again) or, they've been forced to install game center which ever since I had to my game crashes at least one a day, that requires me to use the task manger to kill it, load back in, load back into the match, etc, and it's not an isolated issue, most people hate the universal launcher. 

• Cool 1

Members
4,132 posts
15,440 battles

In a Standard Battle today, I don't remember the map. Both teams down to only 4 each. each team had ships in the other's cap. (Reds, 1 BB and 2 DDs, blues, 1 BB and 1 CL) we had a good lead on capping and I succeeded in delaying the Red's capping with my Fiji until I got blown away. We had it in the bag. Then... Our CL that was capping LEFT THE CAP! Dropping our capping way behind! I don't know what the clown was thinking or even if he was.The dip-shite snatched certain defeat from the jaws of victory! :Smile_facepalm::Smile-angry:

I took a loooong break from the game after that, I needed to calm down cuz I was majorly pi$$ed off. :etc_swear:

Edited by ReddNekk
  • Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
21,995 posts
22,415 battles
1 hour ago, aether_tech said:

~18:08 in video.

WG, why you do this?

Aether, look closer.  You were aiming too low.  You were aiming just short of the Katori.  Now, I understand that often this will still work because dispersion might carry some shells just long enough to get the hits.  But in a desperate situation like that, I wouldn't have chanced it, and would have aimed a little more safely, if I could have done so.

[SALVO]
Members
21,995 posts
22,415 battles
42 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

In a Standard Battle today, I don't remember the map. Both teams down to only 4 each. each team had ships in the other's cap. (Reds, 1 BB and 2 DDs, blues, 1 BB and 1 CL) we had a good lead on capping and I succeeded in delaying the Red's capping with my Fiji until I got blown away. We had it in the bag. Then... Our CL that was capping LEFT THE CAP! Dropping our capping way behind! I don't know what the clown was thinking or even if he was. The dip-shite snatched certain defeat from the jaws of victory! :Smile_facepalm::Smile-angry:

I took a loooong break from the game after that, I needed to calm down cuz I was majorly pi$$ed off. :etc_swear:

There are always going to be idiots like this.  it happens in both WoT and WoWS.  Some idiot leaves the cap when you had certain victory in the bag.  Or some idiot who is capping safely behind hard cover and will cap it out safely because the enemy vehicle is too far away to get on the cap to stop the counter, then decides he wants a little more damage and leaves the safety of hard cover to take some shots.  And proceeds to get shot, resetting the cap and guaranteeing a loss, whether because the other team caps out or because he gets killed.

There are always idiots like this.  And sometimes those idiots are ourselves, when we make a split second  bad decision that costs us the game for our team.

[SALVO]
Members
21,995 posts
22,415 battles
1 hour ago, LastSamurai714 said:

Great idea!  Anything to keep me from explaining another hole in the office wall to my wife.  "Well you see...here I am in my Yamato with 189k damage and 5 kills...and the team wouldn't...you know what nevermind."

Put up a punching bag in your office?  :Smile_hiding:

[BEARS]
Members
256 posts
8,785 battles

There is a Fiji or some such behind an island. You know hes heading your way and hes going to appear from behind the island 4km away from you so you angle your ship and line up your port side guns in anticipation. When he finally does appear from behind the island, all 555 feet of his hull seems to have passed right by you invisibly because when he actually appears he is off your starboard bow.

Beta Testers
251 posts
1,410 battles
57 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

We had it in the bag. Then... Our CL that was capping LEFT THE CAP! Dropping our capping way behind! I don't know what the clown was thinking or even if he was.The dip-shite snatched certain defeat from the jaws of victory! :Smile_facepalm::Smile-angry:

Left the cap, you say? :cap_haloween: And ensured a defeat?

Image result for smirk face

I feel obligated to say it.

Spoiler

NO CAP KILL AAAALLLLLLLLL!

• Funny 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
2 hours ago, NeutralState said:

Vent some general happenings in game that makes you go Hulk.

Isn't the whole fact that the forums are The Frustration thread?

[SALVO]
Members
21,995 posts
22,415 battles
26 minutes ago, LastSamurai714 said:

Not a bad idea. 

Better than punching walls.  :Smile-_tongue:  

Probably cheaper in the long run too.

[FML]
Members
2,957 posts
12,941 battles
2 hours ago, NeutralState said:

Vent some general happenings in game that makes you go Hulk.

After 56 ranked battles, STILL at rank 6.  Shouldnt take more than 50 battles to move past one rank, but it does, and I'm not even close to getting out of it yet...

Correction: now back to rank 7. Awesomesauce.  

This is so annoying, because I am not actually a terrible player, and I've ranked out twice before... It shouldnt be impossible, but it is. 

Edited by UltimateNewbie

Members
324 posts
5,053 battles
4 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Better than punching walls.  :Smile-_tongue:  

Probably cheaper in the long run too.

Well in all honesty it will be.  The closet door in there and one of the French doors are going to cost more than a heavy bag and a stand.

Im wound up tight what can I say LOL!

[SALVO]
Members
21,995 posts
22,415 battles
1 minute ago, LastSamurai714 said:

Well in all honesty it will be.  The closet door in there and one of the French doors are going to cost more than a heavy bag and a stand.

Im wound up tight what can I say LOL!

Some people are.

I used to play golf a lot.  And for a while I was also wound really tight, and would once in a while, though rarely, throw a club in frustration.  But one time, I chucked my pitching wedge towards my bag which was on a pull cart.  And as luck would have it, the shaft hit the steel "spine" of the cart just about perfectly mid way on the shaft, cause it to break in two.  No one was near my cart and the pieces never came near anyone.  (Even when I was frustrated, I'd NEVER throw a club anywhere near a person.  I wasn't mad at anyone but myself and maybe "the injustice of it all", if you know what I mean.)  Thankfully it was just a steel shafted club and it only cost around $20 to get repaired.  But I never threw another club after that.  Not even once.

And around the same time, I learned that rather than being frustrated at shooting a bad (for me) score, it was better to enjoy being out on the course, in the sunshine (usually, of course), and rather than dwell on the bad scores, remember the few good shots and the occasional good hole.  it made for a more pleasant day.  Mind you, I'm no Pollyanna.  But it was a good way to find a silver lining and not let the frustration ruin an otherwise nice day, since it was almost impossible for me to not have a few good shots even in the worst of rounds.

Members
324 posts
5,053 battles
19 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Some people are.

I used to play golf a lot.  And for a while I was also wound really tight, and would once in a while, though rarely, throw a club in frustration.  But one time, I chucked my pitching wedge towards my bag which was on a pull cart.  And as luck would have it, the shaft hit the steel "spine" of the cart just about perfectly mid way on the shaft, cause it to break in two.  No one was near my cart and the pieces never came near anyone.  (Even when I was frustrated, I'd NEVER throw a club anywhere near a person.  I wasn't mad at anyone but myself and maybe "the injustice of it all", if you know what I mean.)  Thankfully it was just a steel shafted club and it only cost around $20 to get repaired.  But I never threw another club after that.  Not even once.

And around the same time, I learned that rather than being frustrated at shooting a bad (for me) score, it was better to enjoy being out on the course, in the sunshine (usually, of course), and rather than dwell on the bad scores, remember the few good shots and the occasional good hole.  it made for a more pleasant day.  Mind you, I'm no Pollyanna.  But it was a good way to find a silver lining and not let the frustration ruin an otherwise nice day, since it was almost impossible for me to not have a few good shots even in the worst of rounds.

I've gone "Wreck it Ralph" on a lot of things.  Some I regret...some were very satisfying.

I have yet to find a way to quell my inner rage and no it won't come with age because if it did...it would've been here by now.  Haha!

Edited by LastSamurai714

Members
1,662 posts
15,747 battles

I was angled 30 degrees to a Duke of York who shot my Cesare with AP and he did 15k damage. Because autobounce doesn't apply I guess. And to his flat broadside? I did 4k damage.

Nice to have that "R" armour.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

People need to vent so badly because they unrealistic expectations to begin with. They fail to accept that the overwhelming majority of the community are casuals.

[PHASE]
Members
4,933 posts
16,586 battles

Pleading with my teammates to stop shooting and to go dark with all three caps and a 500 point lead.....and we lost,

Having an extra dd but still giving away caps uncontested.

Members
3,743 posts
4,074 battles

I feel like a horrible player. I feel like i'm getting worse. I'm too scared to do anything in the Nurnburg and have been averaging around 25k damage and around 500-700 exp in it every game. So I ask myself, what can I do better?

Best guess:

• Use HE more.
  • Stop back line sniping all the time.
  • Take risks in the later stages and get some torpedoes out. 
  • Respec my captain with a different build. 

Sign in to follow this