Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
OlDirtyBoatstard

Interesting post-game dialogue.

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
1,662 posts
15,747 battles

We had a game yesterday where our CV was incredibly bad. I don't mean they were useless, I mean they were completely and utterly inept. I messaged them afterwards to ask them how it can be fun for them? And asked them, jokingly, if they'd bought the account.

cADSecb.jpg

 

Surely this is illegal? They're from a reputable clan too - one that other forum members I know are in.

What to do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
723
[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
8,033 battles

This is something that you should post their names. Even if you get a forum warning, WG will do other things. And you only get a forum warning, and maybe a 1 day forum ban.

Edited by NeutralState

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,668
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,672 posts
12,094 battles

It is send the unedited info to support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,107
[FML]
Members
2,957 posts
12,941 battles
17 minutes ago, NotoriousRNG said:

Will they evem do anything about it though. 

It is certain that they will do nothing if you dont...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,193
[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
1,973 battles
27 minutes ago, NotoriousRNG said:

Will they evem do anything about it though. 

Just remember that either way, they won't tell you.  But UltimateNewbie is also correct: If you don't know about it, they *can't* do anything about it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
5,397 posts
3,213 battles
2 hours ago, NeutralState said:

This is something that you should post their names. Even if you get a forum warning, WG will do other things. And you only get a forum warning, and maybe a 1 day forum ban.

Why..? It's just a guy buying an account. Not the end of the world. It's not like him buying an account makes him in any way better at the game, even if it is against the rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
533
[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,071 posts
1,501 battles
Just now, goldeagle1123 said:

Why..? It's just a guy buying an account. Not the end of the world. It's not like him buying an account makes him in any way better at the game, even if it is against the rules.

 

They're making money from a WG'ing product whilst not being WG'ing and not having WG'ing's permission. That in most countries is flat out breaking the law.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
5,397 posts
3,213 battles
10 minutes ago, Carl said:

 

They're making money from a WG'ing product whilst not being WG'ing and not having WG'ing's permission. That in most countries is flat out breaking the law.

And we as players should care why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
533
[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,071 posts
1,501 battles

:Smile_facepalm:

 

I don't even know where to start answering this, The fact that it's illegal should be enough for you to care. 

 

But even without that people selling accounts opens up all kinds of fraud and other issues, (the same way gold sellers in countless online games have for years), and it creates incentives for the affected companies to come up with more ways of dealing with such things which can quickly lead to serious inconveniences for normal players. Nevermind the effects of players doing this on gameplay, we have it bad enough with T8 premiums without T9 and T10 being able to do it too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,662 posts
15,747 battles
1 hour ago, goldeagle1123 said:

Why..? It's just a guy buying an account. Not the end of the world. It's not like him buying an account makes him in any way better at the game, even if it is against the rules.

We had a game together today - shatter, i was on the zao with my div mates in des moines and udaloi. You were in Missouri and got a huge hit on the Iowa :)

 

 

Generally I wouldn't care about people buying accounts except for when they play CV. There is ebough skill disparity that ruins games with cvs in them already. Last thing we need is a Shokaku with 1 actual game to their name. It also violates the EULA which everyone agrees to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
5,397 posts
3,213 battles
7 minutes ago, NotoriousRNG said:

We had a game together today - shatter, i was on the zao with my div mates in des moines and udaloi. You were in Missouri and got a huge hit on the Iowa :)

 

 

Generally I wouldn't care about people buying accounts except for when they play CV. There is ebough skill disparity that ruins games with cvs in them already. Last thing we need is a Shokaku with 1 actual game to their name. It also violates the EULA which everyone agrees to.

Lol, I remember that. I whacked that Iowa for 35k with a double cit. I felt bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
716
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
1,026 posts
15,584 battles
2 hours ago, NotoriousRNG said:

Will they evem do anything about it though. 

Yes! They'll send you a reply saying they can't tell you what they're doing about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
578
[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
1 hour ago, goldeagle1123 said:

And we as players should care why?

I dont get it either, its YOUR account - do what you want with it. I sold my Eve account for over $1000 on ebay when I was done with the game. Sold my KOTOR account, some others ...

Edited by Ulthwey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×