Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

Incoming nuke alert...Hawaiian Islands

62 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,035
Members
4,729 posts
8,263 battles

As nukes proliferate this is what scares me the most. Screw ups.  The film Fail Safe addressed this years ago as did Dr Stranglove. How many countries now have nukes with more on the verge of getting them?  We are on a path that is gonna lead to a HUGE mistake. It's going to happen if this earth does not come to it's senses. Forget climate change alarmists....it's the nukes we need to be worried about. If you want to be worried.  

Edited by dmckay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,382
[MIA]
Clan Supertest Coordinator, Supertester
6,453 posts
7,860 battles

As warmongering as some countries may seem, the leaders want power & to show their power but the last thing they want to do is die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
732
[PVE]
Members
3,511 posts
21,653 battles
29 minutes ago, dmckay said:

It's going to happen if this earth does not come to it's senses

Just to clarify...the earth has all the sense it has had since it's beginning & quite frankly doesn't care one lick about anything the pathetic humans running around it's face do...it's been struck by so many asteroids & is still here & will continue to be here until the sun absorbs it long after the silly humans that think their nuclear weapons will do it any damage (launch them all at once in the exact same spot & the earth will laugh at how little it affects it...firecracker compared to just the asteroid that created the Gulf of Mexico).

Find it humorous when people say "protect the planet" as if there is anything us pathetic "bags of mostly water" could do to actually harm it.

As for the livable breathable oxygen in the atmosphere we rely on to survive...that might be damageable in large chunks...but only to the extent we need it...the planet on the other hand does not care...if it has any consciousness it know it's fate (aforementioned sun absorption) & we worry it not at all.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,035
Members
4,729 posts
8,263 battles
4 minutes ago, Slntreaper said:

Because leaders want to be able to show off how big their red button is.

Yes I agree.  Kim needs a wake-up call. All he has done since his daddy died has been to hurl threats of nuclear destruction at the U.S., Japan, and S Korea. He has created a very dangerous situation.  Very. Gonna turn all of you into ashes. His button needs deleted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,512
[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,617 posts
12,756 battles
9 minutes ago, Zakuul said:

As warmongering as some countries may seem, the leaders want power & to show their power but the last thing they want to do is die.

agreed, as long as MAD is in effect no ones going to make a move.:Smile_bajan2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,035
Members
4,729 posts
8,263 battles
2 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Just to clarify...the earth has all the sense it has had since it's beginning & quite frankly doesn't care one lick about anything the pathetic humans running around it's face do...it's been struck by so many asteroids & is still here & will continue to be here until the sun absorbs it long after the silly humans that think their nuclear weapons will do it any damage (launch them all at once in the exact same spot & the earth will laugh at how little it affects it...firecracker compared to just the asteroid that created the Gulf of Mexico.

Find it humorous when people say "protect the planet" as if there is anything us pathetic "bags of mostly water" could do to actually harm it.

As for the livable breathable oxygen in the atmosphere we rely on to survive...that might be damageable in large chunks...but only to the extent we need it...the planet on the other hand does not care...if it has any consciousness it know it's fate (aforementioned sun absorption) & we worry it not at all.

Huh? :Smile_amazed:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,512
[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,617 posts
12,756 battles
1 minute ago, dmckay said:

Yes I agree.  Kim needs a wake-up call. All he has done since his daddy died has been to hurl threats of nuclear destruction at the U.S., Japan, and S Korea. He has created a very dangerous situation.  Very. Gonna turn all of you into ashes. His button needs deleted.

i heard yesterday that a month ago or so 1 of his own missiles blew up in one of his cities killing 132 and injurying around a thousand during another "test". poor people:Smile_amazed:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
732
[PVE]
Members
3,511 posts
21,653 battles
10 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

At least the warning system worked

The warning system didn't work it was hacked (or so I was informed...don't listen to/read news so this is 3rd party information...forgive me if I'm mistaken...especially as my source is 1 very unreliable person that makes stuff up just to get attention)...if it was working properly it wouldn't have put out an alarm when there was nothing to be alarmed about.

The alarming thing is it can be hacked just as easily to give no warning while the nukes are actually on the way.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
grammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,035
Members
4,729 posts
8,263 battles
Just now, BladedPheonix said:

agreed, as long as MAD is in effect no ones going to make a move.:Smile_bajan2:

Counting on that is the height of foolishness and being totally naive. Check out the causes of WWI. Just lucky they did not have nukes back then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
732
[PVE]
Members
3,511 posts
21,653 battles
2 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Huh?

You did say "if the earth does not come to it's senses"...I was just clarifying that the people on the earth are not actually "the earth".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,035
Members
4,729 posts
8,263 battles
9 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

At least the warning system worked and got to people. We just have to be prepared.

No.  The warning system flunked.  Big time. False.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,035
Members
4,729 posts
8,263 battles
1 minute ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

You did say "if the earth does not come to it's senses"...I was just clarifying that the people on the earth are not actually "the earth".

You know what I meant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
995 posts
1,871 battles
Just now, dmckay said:

Counting on that is the height of foolishness and being totally naive. Check out the causes of WWI. Just lucky they did not have nukes back then.

and if you believe that a world organization like the UN tell people to get rid of there nukes and people actually listen to them you are being naive.no country in there right mind would willing open them up to a attack no matter how peace loving they are. now I don't like nuke either but they are a necessary evil sadly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,512
[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,617 posts
12,756 battles
Just now, dmckay said:

Counting on that is the height of foolishness and being totally naive. Check out the causes of WWI. Just lucky they did not have nukes back then.

no think about it. the only reason we haven't kicked K.J. U's butt is because china's guarding him. he also knows that if he launches anything he then loses that protection because china stated it and also the last thing china wants or could have is a war with the USA and 30+ other p%%%%ed off countries. the worst thing he can do right now is threaten and bully south Korea and other nations in his known strike range to get aid. and thne he puts his little red button away. until these countries realise that hes full of air ( and something else mind you) they will continue to be threatened and blackmailed.:Smile_sceptic:

 

"the weakest dog always barks the loudest" my grandpa used to say. and Kim does more than his fair share of barking.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,512
[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,617 posts
12,756 battles

also, while on realitive topic....

 

shouldn't  Hawaii have anti-missile defenses already in place given its a major military base for the USN? why are we so afraid of a missile strike, the US forces usually take steps to avoid stupid mistakes from happening again? surely we aren't going to have ANOTHER Pearl harbor incident.....:fish_palm: we had 2 already, cant have a hat-trick 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,035
Members
4,729 posts
8,263 battles
1 minute ago, BladedPheonix said:

no think about it. the only reason we haven't kicked K.J. U's butt is because china's guarding him. he also knows that if he launches anything he then loses that protection because china stated it and also the last thing china wants or could have is a war with the USA and 30+ other p%%%%ed off countries. the worst thing he can do right now is threaten and bully south Korea and other nations in his known strike range to get aid. and thne he puts his little red button away. until these countries realise that hes full of air ( and something else mind you) they will continue to be threatened and blackmailed.:Smile_sceptic:

 

"the weakest dog always barks the loudest" my grandpa used to say. and Kim does more than his fair share of barking.....

I hope you are right. Of course Japan barked all thru the 1930's but then actually did it. As did Hitler. Why do you think this kinda thing is over and done with?  It's not. Do you think that in the last 50+ years all have become cool and rational and evolved into a new state of mind?  I totally question that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,035
Members
4,729 posts
8,263 battles
3 minutes ago, BladedPheonix said:

also, while on realitive topic....

 

shouldn't  Hawaii have anti-missile defenses already in place given its a major military base for the USN? why are we so afraid of a missile strike, the US forces usually take steps to avoid stupid mistakes from happening again? surely we aren't going to have ANOTHER Pearl harbor incident.....:fish_palm: we had 2 already, cant have a hat-trick 

Why are we afraid of a nuclear missile strike?  Duh.  Astonishing comment. 

Edited by dmckay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
995 posts
1,871 battles
1 minute ago, dmckay said:

I hope you are right. Of course Japan barked all thru the 1930's but then actually did it. As did Hitler. Why do you think this kinda thing is over and done with?  It's not. Do you think that in the last 50+ years all have become cool and rational and evolved into a new state of mind?  I totally question that. 

yes but japan and hitler didn't have the treat of a nuclear strike for most of the war and the only reason japan surrendered was because we nuked them twice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,402
[SALVO]
Members
22,114 posts
22,533 battles
28 minutes ago, Zakuul said:

As warmongering as some countries may seem, the leaders want power & to show their power but the last thing they want to do is die.

The problem comes when you have some countries and leaders who are convinced that they'll go to whatever their religion calls "heaven" if they destroy their religious enemies in an apocalyptic blaze of glory.  I'm not sure where NK falls into this though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,512
[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,617 posts
12,756 battles
Just now, dmckay said:

I hope you are right. Of course Japan barked all thru the 1930's but then actually did it. As did Hitler. Why do you think this kinda thing is over and done with?  It's not. Do you think that in the last 50+ years all have become cool and rational and evolved into a new state of mind?  I totally question that. 

well, my friends and family do say i'm a bit of an optimist:fish_aqua: 

 

plus I  do a LOT of military history studying. and if there's 1 thing men love more than war its money. and right now china's focusing on trying to become the new eastern super power to rival the american dollar. I don't really see them willingly starting a war unless they have to defend an asset.:fish_book:

 

so as long as we don't mess with those islands in the South china sea. or in turn china doesn't start harassing countries with those islands, we should be OK for the time being....

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
995 posts
1,871 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

The problem comes when you have some countries and leaders who are convinced that they'll go to whatever their religion calls "heaven" if they destroy their religious enemies in an apocalyptic blaze of glory.  I'm not sure where NK falls into this though.

in north korea there leader is god so on the line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
995 posts
1,871 battles
1 minute ago, BladedPheonix said:

well, my friends and family do say i'm a bit of an optimist:fish_aqua: 

 

plus I  do a LOT of military history studying. and if there's 1 thing men love more than war its money. and right now china's focusing on trying to become the new eastern super power to rival the american dollar. I don't really see them willingly starting a war unless they have to defend an asset.:fish_book:

 

so as long as we don't mess with those islands in the South china sea. or in turn china doesn't start harassing countries with those islands, we should be OK for the time being....

well said

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,402
[SALVO]
Members
22,114 posts
22,533 battles
5 minutes ago, dmckay said:

I hope you are right. Of course Japan barked all thru the 1930's but then actually did it. As did Hitler. Why do you think this kinda thing is over and done with?  It's not. Do you think that in the last 50+ years all have become cool and rational and evolved into a new state of mind?  I totally question that. 

The difference is that back then, those pre-WW2 countries didn't have the ability to wipe out millions of people in less than an hour.  Do you really think that a modern day Tojo or Hitler or Mussolini would be so crazy as to start flinging nukes with the very real possibility that their country would be turned into a radioactive parking lot in a heartbeat?  Well, maybe end of WW2 Hitler might have, but early 1930's Hitler?  I'd like to hope that he had some shred of sanity at that time.  But who really knows?  And where does NK's Kim fall on this? 

I'm more concerned with the people that think that nuking their religious enemies will get them a free ticket to heaven. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×