Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AltSeagullBBM

Remove map NORTH from ranked

6 comments in this topic

Members
133 posts
11,401 battles

The map north is horrible for ranked play.  It has nothing but choke points and is no more than a torpedo spam/get lucky fest. 

Match is almost always won in the first two minutes.

Members
865 posts
8,503 battles

Sorry if it sounded snippy, I didn't mean it that way.   I don't mind where some maps are long term strategy games and some have immediate good objectives that need to be secured that provide significant benefits early in the game.  I like the mix personally.   It lets itself be a torpedo ally which you're right about but I don't see why it's always a bad thing.   Lets the strategy change a bit.

[BLUE_]
Members
443 posts
16,631 battles

I dont think the gameplay of the map that way in ranked. It's usually the team that manages to flank the other one undetected that wins the match there.

It's brutal when torps come from a place u didnt expect, because no one was guarding the flank or a BB approaches undetected and nukes one of the cruisers or deals 20k-40k damage to one of the BBs perma crippling the target the rest of the battle.

I won almost every match on North telling my teammates to watch the flanks to avoid being flanked and sneak to the other side of the island if the opportunity exists.

Sure the map is a noob bait because most of the area is useless. Since originally it was a 4 cap map and in ranked it's only 2. And it's common to see players potatoing where the A or D caps were supposed to be in random battles.

Edit: that doesn't mean i like that map for ranked. Ranked gameplay is already passive enough. And that one is the most passive of the available ones

Edited by Cpt_JM_Nascimento

[SALVO]
Members
21,995 posts
22,415 battles
1 hour ago, AltSeagullBBM said:

The map north is horrible for ranked play.  It has nothing but choke points and is no more than a torpedo spam/get lucky fest. 

Match is almost always won in the first two minutes.

I agree with you on this one.  It's rather campy.  Though it really is more like 3 channels than 2, since the area between the random caps A and B is really sort of a separate channel from the one where the B cap is.  Still, it's a rather campy map.

Supertester
428 posts
9,125 battles

North is my favorite map in the game. It punishes people for sniping and gives both teams flanking oportunities.

Every map is campy in ranked, but few actually punishes players for being too campy. On North, at some point one of the teams will have to push, and the other will have to hold them down, leading to some great close quarters action, especially in ranked with less points to capture.

Sign in to follow this