You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_BBaby

Need opinions on what to play

7 comments in this topic

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,745 posts
3,610 battles

So, I play BB's, and play them pretty well too. I'm at the Fuso, New Mexico, Gniessnau, and Iron Duke. I also have premium ships to use as crew trainers from every nation, including France, Italy, and USSR. However, upon my BB games, I often found myself wishing I was playing a CV. Its not that BBs are bad, but CVs are pretty fun, historical, and just 'cool'. Now I have experience in almost every ship, either here on on an older account I use for WoT. I don't play cruisers because they are citadel meat-bags, and DDs almost have too high of a skill floor for me, so CVs is my only other logical choice, but I don't know if I want to grind them also or focus on my Battleships.

I have tried Zuiho and Langley before, and tier 8 and up on the public test, so I kinda know what I'm in for, but I don't want to lose my sight on my true grinds. Also, like WoT artillery, CVs are prone to major changes, which will likely be for the worse (like how arty in WoT got completely reworked with the stun etc), and it would suck to be halfway in and strafing is removed or some [edited] like that.

So my question to you all is should I start CVs or stay with my trustee BBs? Also the 'you do you' posts don't help, because I literally am hung up on whether I should start or not, hence why I am posting this. Im thinking once I get to the high tiers (8-9-10) with my Bbs, then I will take a look at CVs, but I'm not sure. Just want to hear some second opinions:Smile_Default:

[AP]
Members
1,244 posts
14,276 battles

if youre not sure, try CV

you can always sell the ship if you find that CV play isnt for you

[CUTE]
Privateers, Supertester
728 posts
8,612 battles

I recommend playing the "normal" ship lines to tier 10, at least once per class, to get familiar with fighting against a CV. Once you go back to CV, you will at least understand what tactics work against each ship class, as you'll have had ttose ssme tactics used against you. 

[BTH]
Beta Testers
198 posts
4,672 battles

Myself, CV's badly need a rework in mechanics, so I'm are really not interested until then.

If you ever feel the need to try some cruisers though, the Tier 6's for most nations are good goals to shoot for, and the Tier 7 for IJN is still a floating napalm thrower. Once you get past the paper armour early tiers, they are quite fun. Lots of DPM, but no heal until tier 9.

[PVE]
Members
16,228 posts
10,762 battles

Go for CVs. If you find that they are not for you right now, pick them up again later. Unless you are desperate for slots, I wouldn't sell ships.

[KVLT]
[KVLT]
Members
2,302 posts
7,216 battles

i made a [edited] video on how to play CVs cause apparently CCs dont play them enough to actually teach anyone anything.

Id recommend playing BBs though. Why would you stray from EZ mode Ctrl+click secondaries so you can let the game play itself?

Members
175 posts
5,546 battles

One of the biggest problems with playing CV, is that the good CV players don't SEE their results.  

For example, once you've set your TB drop for the last time, its time to go do something else.  Your planes will drop, the torps will hit or won't hit, and your planes will return without you seeing.  Watching just takes up valuable time that you SHOULD be doing something else.

I hate watching replays of the good players as all you ever see is them doing the menial but important work.  No payoff.