Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
guypersonthing

grinding for the missouri

14 comments in this topic

Members
9 posts
995 battles

i hear the best way to grind for this ship was in divisions and in co-op mode. although i recently decided to get back into this game, and probably dont deserve the Missouri (only t7s i have are the atlanta and sharn, dont really know anything about the meta), all i really do in my spare time these days is play. i was wondering if any division/group would let me tag along with their grinding. im stuck only playing after work est time so that might be an issue

[HINON]
Supertester
21,461 posts
15,212 battles

Not in coop, the earnings in coop are significantly lower than in PVP. In Operations though, if you do well you earn a lot.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Supertester
21,461 posts
15,212 battles

Don't forget to stack those flags and camos that give XP and free XP.

[HINON]
Supertester
21,461 posts
15,212 battles
8 minutes ago, guypersonthing said:

ah yes, i meant the operations, thanks. do you guys have grinding pals or have you already gotten the ship/dont care for it?

Personally, I don't care for Missouri, but am 710k into my grind for Musashi.

Members
731 posts
4,225 battles

I don't have a high tier Japanese BB apart from the Kii, so, I am not certain I will get the Musashi.  But, grinding free experience for the sake of maybe getting the Musashi seems intriguing.

I just might have to do that.  I do love my Missouri.

~B

Members
865 posts
8,503 battles
51 minutes ago, Gerbertz said:

Thats a good question.  What is the best way to grind for MO if you were gonna start today?

Buy it is the best way to grind.  750,000 free xp means you'll need 30,000 doubloons, figure $125.     Maybe less if they discount doubloons and/or free xp but lets assume no.   

Get a job at Wal-Mart which has raised it's minimum pay to $11/hr.    Lets assume you use some of that money for taxes, gas to get to work, whatever and keep $8/hr of it.  You'll have enough to buy the Missouri in only two days of grinding.  One day if you pull a double shift.

On day 2 when you get done with your 8 hour shift just turn in your letter of resignation and let them know you already have enough free xp to buy the Missouri and make a scene as you quit.

Edited by LordBenjamin
  • Funny 1

[TBW]
Members
8,110 posts
14,830 battles
54 minutes ago, guypersonthing said:

(only t7s i have are the atlanta and sharn,

Use the Atlanta and the Sharney in scenarios, they both do well in them and can generate lots of credits and XP. Use your free XP signals and camos on them. It's tier 7 scenario until Wednesday. It helps to div up in the scenarios with people who know what they are doing. You can play any scenario if you are div'ed up with enough people, I do suggest a full team though if you do that.

Members
9 posts
995 battles
Just now, LordBenjamin said:

Buy it is the best way to grind.  750,000 free xp means you'll need 30,000 doubloons, figure $125.     Maybe less if they discount doubloons and/or free xp but lets assume no.   

Get a job at Wal-Mart which has raised it's minimum pay to $11/hr.    Lets assume you use some of that money for taxes, gas to get to work, whatever and keep $8/hr of it.  You'll have enough to buy the Missouri in only two days of grinding.  One day if you pull a double shift.

On day 2 when you get done with your 8 hour shift just turn in your letter of resignation and let them know you already have enough free xp to buy the Missouri and make a scene as you quit.

hah, nice strat

[POP]
Members
975 posts
11,910 battles
17 minutes ago, LordBenjamin said:

No, not a Walmart job, you monster!

missle hits ship.gif

• Funny 1

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
483 posts
5,520 battles

Use camo and signal flags, and just play normally in Randoms without worrying too much about it.  I just got the Missouri a couple weeks ago, and I'm already back up to 143k Free XP by just playing as I normally would.

Alpha Tester
3,483 posts
1,556 battles
3 hours ago, LordBenjamin said:

This is so true.  

Honestly this is the very best way to grind for the Missouri.  Work some overtime and Wala, you have your 750K free XP.

Seriously though, there is no efficient way to grind for Free XP unless you are willing to spend money.  If you want to pretend you got it for free, buy a bunch of doubloons and start equipping Type 59 camo.  Then make sure to buy the 50% to bonus XP and the 333% to bonus free XP signal flags.  Ultimately you will want to buy a bunch of Santa's Crates or probably more likely Yamamoto Collection Crates since they come with a minimum of 12 special signals each crate and make sure you have a ton of Hydra, Ouroboros and Red Dragon Flags ready to go as well. After you have all this make sure to mount the Type 59 camo, Equal Speed Charlie London, Papa Papa, Hydra, Ouroboros and Red Dragon Flags on your best performing ship and grind away for your "Free" ship.  Do this and you can easily earn 4000-8000 Free XP per match meaning you could grind 750k in at little as 94 matches. 

But as you can tell, free isn't actually free.  Type 59 camo is 125 gold each.  Yamamoto Collection Crates are roughly $3 each, maybe a bit cheaper if you get a multi-pack of them at once so you would probably have to spend at least $100, likely more to earn the ship for free.  Otherwise, if your truly trying to grind it out for free, you earn about 50 Free XP a game which will only take you around 15,000 matches.  

Sign in to follow this