Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
armorama

Some minor and major game change suggestions...

3 comments in this topic

[MASSD]
Members
25 posts
11,466 battles

I have been playing a lot of matches this winter and had a few ideas for future changes. Some simple things. Some that I am sure have been asked for by others.

1. In the loot box selection; could the container type you last selected be your default for last time? It automatically defaults to the top selection. Also if you don't remember to get your boxes the system could select from your last choice, etc.

2. Having a 'return captain' option for captains temporarily moved to premium ships (ala WoT) would be a nice feature.

3. Teammates blocked in chat should also have their on-map pings or other chat also muted. Or at least stop players from saying the same thing over and over.

Some more major things. 

DD smoke dynamic changes -- 
DDs in smoke should only be able to detect other DDs while firing within x distance (as it works now). However the time to remove this detection at close ranges should also be toned down. If a ship outside the smoke is spotting them that's fine, but a DD *inside* the smoke should only be able to detect them during continuous firing and not get 10 seconds of free fire until the spotting wears off. This encourages smoke use, not discourages it. So tie it to the bloom detection timer rather than the 'spotted while in the open' timer. 

Thanks,

Jim

[SALVO]
Members
22,114 posts
22,533 battles

I definitely agree with #2.  I think that people have asked for this on and off for a while.  And it would be a good thing.

As for the smoke thing, I have to come out against that one.  For starters, it's confusing as all hell.  For better or worse, smoke is easy enough to understand right now.  Let's not make it more complex than it already is.

[PVE]
Members
3,511 posts
21,653 battles
1 hour ago, armorama said:

Having a 'return captain' option for captains temporarily moved to premium ships (ala WoT) would be a nice feature.

I don't understand...you can move commanders from premiums back to their original ships w/out penalty...that's the whole point of premiums...I've never played Wots so don't understand the difference between that & what you're asking for...so forgive my ignorance.

I think quick key commands should have a timer like the horns...typed messages are ok but there isn't really many situations where quick chat commands need to be repeated over & over again...if the person(people) is(are) gonna listen to your request they will do as you ask...if not...hitting the key 60 times in 10 seconds isn't gonna make them change their mind.

& there should be a 30 second delay upon entering battle before either the "set a smoke screen/I need intelligence data" quick commands can be used...nobody has been spotted by that time so EVERYBODY still needs intelligence data & laying smoke when you have no idea where the enemy actually is & where (or even if) the smoke should be laid is wasted smoke...especially if the whole enemy team ends up completely on the other side of the map when they are eventually spotted...& who cares what your radio locator says...it could end up just being 1 enemy DD scouting that your locating while the rest of the team is on the other side of the map.

Sign in to follow this