You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ramadawn

How to improve cruisers and increase teamwork

19 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
66 posts
4,281 battles

Lets face it

Cruisers are the lost middle child of world of warships. Battleships force them to flee on sight, yet they need to be close in and in front to protect against DDs. These two roles are simply NOT compatible.

Therefore in order to fix cruisers, I recommend that WG make it so that being in close proximity to Battleships (say 4 km) gives some sort of protective mechanical advantage to cruisers.

Here are some simple solutions to protect cruisers  while in close proximity to BBs

Cruisers can't take citadels

the targeting ridicule cant lock on to a cruiser 

Dispersion increases rapidly

Battleship heals benefit all the cruisers around it

Another option would be to allow BBs to trail short term smoke behind them as the move. Friendly cruisers could hide in this smoke. It would even be marginally historical

were one of these options implemented, it would force cruisers to stay close to friendly BBs when enemy BBs were around, this would make it easier for them to fulfill their main role of protecting again DDs as well..   

[RKLES]
Members
9,989 posts
11,740 battles

You can already improve Cruisers by not sailing broadside and allowing BB to hit you at 45° angle...

I use my Cruisers to attack BBs and can do horrific damage to enemy BBs and come out of the battle alive and with a lot of HP intact.

You just have to study how to play and use Cruisers effectively since even the real world Cruisers of WWI and WWII could  engage BBs sometimes, but only as long as they don't endure the full wraith of the BB in which case they would get shredded just as badly as the in game Cruisers if not more so.

• Cool 1

[NAUT]
Beta Testers
974 posts
7,699 battles

Cruisers seem fine to me. If you don't want to die so fast, don't broadside to a battleship. 

[JKSDF]
[JKSDF]
Members
1,603 posts
2,491 battles
8 minutes ago, Ramadawn said:

Lets face it

Cruisers are the lost middle child of world of warships. Battleships force them to flee on sight, yet they need to be close in and in front to protect against DDs. These two roles are simply NOT compatible.

Therefore in order to fix cruisers, I recommend that WG make it so that being in close proximity to Battleships (say 4 km) gives some sort of protective mechanical advantage to cruisers.

Here are some simple solutions to protect cruisers  while in close proximity to BBs

Another option would be to allow BBs to trail short term smoke behind them as the move. Friendly cruisers could hide in this smoke. It would even be marginally historical

were one of these options implemented, it would force cruisers to stay close to friendly BBs when enemy BBs were around, this would make it easier for them to fulfill their main role of protecting again DDs as well..   

1. Then every other ship in the game shouldnt be able to take citadels either when in the same situation. 

2. Every point you make should happen with every other ship in the game otherwise it really wouldn't be fair, that, and it would encourage a more suicidal mentally with Cruisers and bring forth a new breed of idiots.

3. As Thrawn said, don't sail broadside to a BB and sail at a certain angle, Cruisers can already do mass damage too a Battleship. Just gotta play smart, i've seen Cruisers shred bbs that aren't careful.

[KVLT]
[KVLT]
Members
2,302 posts
7,216 battles

Nerf BBs and the game would be more enjoyable for all

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
12,187 battles
23 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

You can already improve Cruisers by not sailing broadside and allowing BB to hit you at 45° angle...

I use my Cruisers to attack BBs and can do horrific damage to enemy BBs and come out of the battle alive and with a lot of HP intact.

You just have to study how to play and use Cruisers effectively since even the real world Cruisers of WWI and WWII could  engage BBs sometimes, but only as long as they don't endure the full wraith of the BB in which case they would get shredded just as badly as the in game Cruisers if not more so.

survival rate??? hmmmmmm

[RKLES]
Members
9,989 posts
11,740 battles
1 minute ago, Zhoyzu said:

Nerf BBs and the game would be more enjoyable for all

But far less historic feeling 

[KVLT]
[KVLT]
Members
2,302 posts
7,216 battles
Just now, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

But far less historic feeling 

BBs became obsolete because they werent good at doing damage. If anything it would make it more historically accurate

[SALVO]
Members
22,114 posts
22,533 battles
21 minutes ago, Ramadawn said:

Lets face it

There's nothing wrong with cruisers.  What's wrong is incompetent cruiser play by incompetent cruiser players.

I play all types of ships.  I play DDs the most, followed by cruisers, then BBs, then a distant fourth, CVs.  And I can tell you that it's not as hard to play cruisers as all the whiners make it out to be.  The problem is that the cruisers stink whiners just don't know how to friggin' sail their cruisers defensively.  They just sail happily along showing broadsides and then act all horrified when they get spanked by a  decent BB player.  "ZOMG!  Cruisers suck hard!"  No, cruisers don't suck.  Cruiser players do.  A cruiser sailing broadside to a BB didn't suck.  It didn't put itself in that position.  It was the person sailing it.  After all, even battleships can get hammered if they show a clean broadside to enemy BB's.  Why should cruisers be any different?

All this whining is beyond ridiculous.  We have DD players whining about BB AP pens.  Here, we have a player (and others before too) whining about BB AP pens on cruisers.  What's next?  BB players complaining about BB pens on BBs?  Some of you people won't be happy until every shell, no matter how large does only 1 HP of damage per hit, IF THAT!!!

People have to learn to sail their ships, REGARDLESS OF TYPE, defensively!!!  The problem is that there are too many whiners who want to  sail their ships without any attempt to sail defensively, turning and maneuvering and dodging and weaving and changing speeds, and be able to bounce shells from any size gun!  Oh, I have no doubt that I'll get some down votes and some people saying that this isn't what they want.  Bullpuckey!!!  It's exactly what you want, whether you realize it or not!!!  You want to be able to play your ship without the slightest effort to maneuver it defensively!!! 

If you're in a cruiser or destroyer, your best defense is to NOT GET HIT!!!  Will you get hit maybe even citadelled occasionally no matter what you do?  Sure.  Deal with it.  That's RNG.  Or maybe you weren't as unpredictable in your maneuvers as you thought and the other player outguessed you.  And ya know something?  If he outguessed you and aimed exactly where you dodged, and managed to hit you, good for him.  He outplayed you.  Try harder next time.  Or did RNG troll you and land shots that weren't aimed for the spot they ended up landing?  It happens.  It will occasionally happen on your shots too.  

That is all.  For now.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
1,278 posts
8,859 battles

In general, cruisers are fine. The problem is that there are too many battleships. 

Historically, you'd never find a WWII naval battle with 10 BBs slugging it out and 2 cruisers trying to survive. IIRC, the only non-aircraft naval battle of WWII was between a handful of light cruisers. 

If this was more real world, you'd see 1-2 BBs on a side. 4-7 cruisers on a side and DDs making up the rest. The CVs would be about 200 miles off map. Then, cruisers would be the dominant force. 

• Cool 1

[KVLT]
[KVLT]
Members
2,302 posts
7,216 battles

thats cute, someone cant handle the truth and downvotes me.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
22,114 posts
22,533 battles
29 minutes ago, OgreMkV said:

In general, cruisers are fine. The problem is that there are too many battleships. 

Historically, you'd never find a WWII naval battle with 10 BBs slugging it out and 2 cruisers trying to survive. IIRC, the only non-aircraft naval battle of WWII was between a handful of light cruisers. 

If this was more real world, you'd see 1-2 BBs on a side. 4-7 cruisers on a side and DDs making up the rest. The CVs would be about 200 miles off map. Then, cruisers would be the dominant force. 

People generally want to play battleships.  Deal with it.  Some people like cruisers.  And a lot of people like the fast action of DD's.

There should be no limits on BBs, CAs, or DDs, except to try to balance their numbers between teams.  If there are a TON of BBs in the queue at a given time, like earlier during the DoY mission, and we end up with a high number of BBs on teams, so be it.  It adds some  variety to things and spices things up.  It doesn't happen all that often.  Just like once in a rare while, you might see a ton of DDs on each team.  I was in a battle earlier this past week where there were 8 DDs PER TEAM in a tier 6 or 7 battle.  It was insane watching all those  DD's going after each other.  And I had the bad luck to be in a BB.  Let me tell you, I loaded HE up right from the start, and managed to put a hurt on any DD that dared show itself near my Gulio Cesare.

[SALVO]
Members
22,114 posts
22,533 battles
8 minutes ago, Zhoyzu said:

thats cute, someone cant handle the truth and downvotes me.

It wasn't truth.  It was nonsense.

BBs didn't become obsolete because they couldn't  deal damage.  They became obsolete because a new weapon, CVs and their planes, was able to engage BBs at a range far beyond the range of a BBs guns.

[PVE]
Members
3,511 posts
21,653 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

1 HP of damage

That's completely unacceptable...if they can do 1 point of damage I should be able to do 80k damage/volley & set them on fire at the same time...I got my signals...WG...fix this broken game...waaah!!!

[SALVO]
Members
22,114 posts
22,533 battles
19 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Do not cruisers kill the most ships in this here game?  Am I wrong?

I actually have no idea what type of ship gets the most kills (or has the overall highest K/D ratio).  Interesting question.

Members
4,729 posts
8,263 battles
23 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I actually have no idea what type of ship gets the most kills (or has the overall highest K/D ratio).  Interesting question.

No sh#t. I would like to know.  Info must be somewhere. 

[RKLES]
Members
9,989 posts
11,740 battles
2 hours ago, Zhoyzu said:

BBs became obsolete because they werent good at doing damage. If anything it would make it more historically accurate

More like BBs were expensive to build when you could build several Cruisers and the fact WWII proved aircraft could take out a Battleship.