You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MrSparkle

Demo Expert for Bis secondary captain?

23 comments in this topic

Members
433 posts

This will be this captain's first 3 point skill. He has Preventive Maintenance and Adrenaline Rush and will eventually have manual secondaries and AFT.

But that 3 point skill is a tough choice. Secondary fire chance was nerfed I learned and DE can bring them closer to their pre-nerf chance.

[NAUT]
Beta Testers
973 posts
7,659 battles

I don't think the fires from secondaries are worth it at all. Esp since half of em shoot AP, don't they? Pretty sure on Tirp they do at least. (the 150mm guns)

[CZS]
Members
842 posts
7,949 battles

Absolutely not worth it.  

Your secondaries simply don't get used THAT much, and something like Superintendent (for the additional heal and hydro) or Basics of Survivability (to reduce the damage you take from fire and flooding) is a FAR better choice.

Heck, you'd be far better of using BFT to increase the ROF on the secondaries and AA.  DE is practically useless (or, at best, a waste of points) on a BB.

Members
433 posts

Ok. I read elsewhere that DE is a good choice after the nerf.

I think BoS is the best choice because I'm on fire all the time with all this damned HE spam.

[HINON]
Supertester
21,477 posts
15,221 battles

Waste of points IMO.

[CZS]
Members
842 posts
7,949 battles
6 minutes ago, TheBlackWind said:

I don't think the fires from secondaries are worth it at all. Esp since half of em shoot AP, don't they? Pretty sure on Tirp they do at least. (the 150mm guns)

On a couple of BBs have AP secondaries. The T8 IJN Amagi comes to mind, but I'm sure no German BB has AP secondaries. 

[NAUT]
Beta Testers
973 posts
7,659 battles
1 minute ago, EAnybody said:

On a couple of BBs have AP secondaries. The T8 IJN Amagi comes to mind, but I'm sure no German BB has AP secondaries. 

You are right! I was sure the 150mm were AP. Were they ever? Or am I just thinking of Japan.... 

And as you said, better options anyway. 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,744 posts
16,265 battles

Why not go IFHE for your secondaries while your at it?

I personall have no problem setting fires without DE or manual secondaries.

11.7 range on both sides of ship.

Members
995 posts
1,871 battles
1 hour ago, TheBlackWind said:

You are right! I was sure the 150mm were AP. Were they ever? Or am I just thinking of Japan.... 

And as you said, better options anyway. 

no, some german BBs do have AP secondarys the tier III-VI to be exact.

1 hour ago, MrSparkle said:

This will be this captain's first 3 point skill. He has Preventive Maintenance and Adrenaline Rush and will eventually have manual secondaries and AFT.

But that 3 point skill is a tough choice. Secondary fire chance was nerfed I learned and DE can bring them closer to their pre-nerf chance.

get BFT instead and get AFT and manual secondaries after that this with the reliven upgrads give her a 11.7 KM range and she cant hit quite regularly at it with manual secondaries after that get BoS and adrenaline rush if you don't already have it

Members
433 posts

AFT before manual? They're inaccurate as is so at 11+km they won't a thing.

And I took BoS instead of BFT. 10% secondary reload isn't as worth it to me as -15% fire duration. I'm always on fire.

Edited by MrSparkle

Members
328 posts
11,729 battles

Time out. Secondaries dont get used that much? You are Bismarking wrong.

I run I on GK sometimes, and sometimes IFHE instead. I have 3 captains for the GK. IFHE on BIS, FDG, and GK is hilarious to be honest.

[-B2P-]
Members
245 posts
5,330 battles
20 hours ago, MrSparkle said:

IFHE is useful for Bis secondaries? It's a substantial points investment and it looks like there will be almost no chance of fires with it.

Don't invest on secondaries with the aim of causing damage. It's a mental annoyance and fire starter with chip damage. Get AFT, BFT, Manual Secondaries + secondaries module, and that's it. If you want another 4pt skill, I suggest manual AA. Superintendant and Adrenaline Rush.

Members
433 posts

Yeah fire starter with chip damage is why I was briefly considering Demo Expert.

Here's a question: What should come first, AFT or manual secondaries? Captain is closing in on that first 4 point skill.

[CZS]
Members
842 posts
7,949 battles

AFT, definitely.

It's much more useful - extends the range of BOTH your AA and Secondaries by a noticeable margin.  Manual Secondaries really isn't worth it if you don't have sufficient range to use them in, as brawling is harder and harder these days. The only way I'd go MS over AFT is if you put on the Secondary Module, and that's if you don't think you'll be seeing too many CVs.

97 posts
4,459 battles

People will argue that a secondary build on any ship, even the best secondary armed ship (GK) is a waste and you are better suited to use fire prevention skills.

I'm not going to argue that point, as I use secondary builds because I find them fun.

For German BB I use all modules related to secondaries (100% survivability, secondary battery range modification, and secondary battery reload).

Skills--

Preventative Maintenance (further buffs secondary durability), Catapult Aircraft

Expert Marksman

Basic Firing Training

Advanced Firing Training / Manual Fire Control / Concealment

If you are going to bother with secondaries, go all out. I use concealment so I can break way and use my heals. Concealment is also good to help get you into closer positions to use the secondaries in the first place.

Members
328 posts
11,729 battles

My GK nets 60+ secondary damage per game. I dont know how that isnt useful. And insanely fun.

Members
328 posts
11,729 battles

Skills--

Preventative Maintenance (further buffs secondary durability), Catapult Aircraft

Expert Marksman

Basic Firing Training

If you are going to bother with secondaries, go all out. I use concealment so I can break way and use my heals. Concealment is also good to help get you into closer positions to use the secondaries in the first place.

I agree, goes all out on it if youre doing it. Only thing I swap here, lately anyway, is IFHE for Concealment. It takes SO long to get out of visual range, even with concealment, I dont even bother anymore. IFHE definitely makes a difference to secondaries performance, albeit not necessary..jut fun for me at the moment. I also buff reload speed of secondaries with the module and it they're sick.

[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
791 posts
2,022 battles
On 1/17/2018 at 10:32 AM, IronSoldier said:

People will argue that a secondary build on any ship, even the best secondary armed ship (GK) is a waste and you are better suited to use fire prevention skills.

I'm not going to argue that point, as I use secondary builds because I find them fun.

For German BB I use all modules related to secondaries (100% survivability, secondary battery range modification, and secondary battery reload).

Skills--

Expert Marksman

Basic Firing Training

I think Preventative Maintenence only affects modules that can be disabled. (ie a main battery turret or rudder and so on) I dont believe it affects any module that can only be destroyed (like AA or secondaries).

97 posts
4,459 battles
5 hours ago, Avalon304 said:

I think Preventative Maintenence only affects modules that can be disabled. (ie a main battery turret or rudder and so on) I dont believe it affects any module that can only be destroyed (like AA or secondaries).

There is conflicting information (I can't recall where I found the information), but my understanding (and the belief I operate under) is PM also gives 30% more health to all modules, including AA/secondaries. It's not a lot but with survivability module it gives them a bit more durability.

Members
2,000 posts
10,620 battles

Hey

For a 3 pt skill on a Bismarck, i would get S.I. first and not take D.E.  Your main guns are your bread and butter and buffing them with aiming accuracy over secondarys is a better approach IMHO.   You can still do a lot without manual secondaries by just taking BFT and AFT, with manual secondaries and still have a very capable ship with ok main guns (7% better accuracy over one without).

I have Bismarck with a 18pt Captain and struggled in the beginning until I ditched the secondary build idea and took aiming accuracy on the main guns, major difference in how it behaved.  I run gun mod 1, aiming accuracy 1, damage control 1, steering gears mod 2, and concealment.  Capt:  PM, EM, AR, Basics of survivability, SI, BFT, AFT.

On my Tirpitz, I wanted something different and still experimenting with manual secondaries.  I run the Secondary/AA mod1, the Secondary mod for range (I forget what its called), damage control 1, Steering gears mod 2, target acquisition mod.  Capt:  P.M, E.M, S.I, BFT, AFT, Manual Secondaries, will add AR When I can.

Note:  I had run dual catapult fighters and found it useful but you don't see that many carriers at the higher tiers these days, but it's a good 1 point skill if you have an extra to burn. 

Pete

Edited by sasquatch_research

Members
328 posts
11,729 battles

At the range you should be fighting with Bismark onward, dispersion is much less of an issue and secondaries are incredible.

This is a GK, full secondary build, IFHE too.  78k in secondary damage + 20k in the fires.

shot-18.01.20_17.35.59-0016.jpg

Edited by Focke66