Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

WR needed to Rank out?

14 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
9,925 posts
11,715 battles

Have heard some players say you can Rank out if you maintain a high enough WR in Ranked and get enough battles done?

I am maintaining a 53% WR in Ranked so far and am in Rank 6/5, is this good enough WR or is it poor fir Ranked?

( been a fight at moment to get out of 5 due to teams that like to squabble over what to do while I just try to keep things covered until they decide what to do lol)

[FML]
Members
2,971 posts
12,970 battles
4 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Have heard some players say you can Rank out if you maintain a high enough WR in Ranked and get enough battles done?

I am maintaining a 53% WR in Ranked so far and am in Rank 6/5, is this good enough WR or is it poor fir Ranked?

( been a fight at moment to get out of 5 due to teams that like to squabble over what to do while I just try to keep things covered until they decide what to do lol)

Last two ranked seasons I had a 54 per cent win rate and it took about 260 battles. 

Higher WR = less battles needed. 

I would budget for 300 battles in the time allotted. 

Edit: Also, be aware that ranked meta can and does change at rank 10 and rank 5 as there is a step change in the quality of players in those queues. You may need to adjust how you play, and what ship you play, to adjust for that meta - ploughing on as though nothing happened can just keep you stuck. 

Edited by UltimateNewbie

Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles
7 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

If you're willing & able to play a s***ton of games, a 50.1 WR will eventually do it.

[NDA]
Supertester
5,257 posts
15,817 battles
3 minutes ago, Harv72b said:

If you're willing & able to play a s***ton of games, a 50.1 WR will eventually do it.

And you have have twice that amount of will power you can rank out with a below 48% WR. Yes it has been done. 

Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles
Just now, RedSeaBear said:

And you have have twice that amount of will power you can rank out with a below 48% WR. Yes it has been done. 

It's 5:30pm and I haven't gotten out of bed yet today.  I will never have that amount of will power. :Smile_teethhappy:

[RKLES]
Members
9,925 posts
11,715 battles
36 minutes ago, Harv72b said:

It's 5:30pm and I haven't gotten out of bed yet today.  I will never have that amount of will power. :Smile_teethhappy:

Meanwhile some us get up each day at 5:30AM also known to some as 0500...  lol and that can be getting to sleep in.

• Cool 1

Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Meanwhile some us get up each day at 5:30AM also known to some as 0500...  lol and that can be getting to sleep in.

I did that for enough years to have earned the right to hit snooze a few dozen times per day. :cap_old:

[RKLES]
Members
9,925 posts
11,715 battles
Just now, Harv72b said:

I did that for enough years to have earned the right to hit snooze a few dozen times per day. :cap_old:

Well in that case enjoy your well deserved resting :Smile_honoring:

[DDMAF]
Members
2,070 posts
12,724 battles

It's possible to rank out with a horrifying WR, as long as you perform well in each loss. I had a TERRIBLE WR in season 5 (I think...the T6 season), something like 46%, but I was at the top of my team almost all the time, so I still managed to scratch my way to a respectable rank. If you play well enough, often enough, you'll eventually win the potato lottery as often as you lose and balance out with a solid WR.

It's actually possible to rank out with a sub 30% WR, providing you almost never lose a star in your many, many losses. I mean, eventually you would feel like Sisyphus, but it can be done.

Now, the idea that you can just play your face off and fail into a high rank is utterly preposterous and needs to stop. I read often about players claiming that one need only play 1500 ranked games to achieve a high (low?) rank. That is not supported by any evidence, nor is it mathematically possible. As long as you play well and do what needs to be done to help your team win, you will finish high in base XP, will win often, and won't lose a star when you don't win. That is not "failing" ones way into rank 1, that's playing well enough to earn it, regardless of the end WR. 

[5IN]
Supertester
2,037 posts
9,629 battles

I will likely not rank outthis season, nor ever rank out in any season.  I say every season that I'll get there but I've realized that it just ain't gonna happen.  It sucks, but I've stopped caring about actually "making it".

That said, I'm still playing, and still trying my hardest to win, but primarily to grind ships, captain XP and missions.  *shrug*

B

Edited by bassmasta76

Members
62 posts
3,747 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

5:30 AM & 0500... One of these things is not like the other...

• Funny 1

[RKLES]
Members
9,925 posts
11,715 battles
1 hour ago, Thisdsntwork said:

5:30 AM & 0500... One of these things is not like the other...

Oops I mean 0530 lol

Sign in to follow this