Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
VaygrEmpire

New Year Raid collection is unfair to those who already own the ship

65 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
146 posts

new post: 

I give up....it seems many of you cannot properly read and understand English here. 

What I was saying in this post: 

Give me an option to BUY Scharnhorst Artic Camo with real money, be it $10, or $20, or hell, $50 with some premium time, IDC, just give me one instead of me going through these crazy missions or buy a ship that I know I'm not going to be using anyway in the future and, even with the ship, I still HAVE to work through 2nd part of mission. WG is already selling ships so that people can do 2nd part of mission faster than others who don't own that ship. So why not just sell the camo & premium time together? 

What you guys are saying:

it's a free premium ship (DoY) and you are crying for not being able to get it!

p.s. I did end up with Scharnhorst camo yesterday anyway. 

========================================================================================

old post: You know, I've been playing events - Battle of North Cape and New Year Raid - and I was always wondering. 

I already own Scharnhorst. Why can't I play New Year Raid event with my Scharnhorst already? I don't care about Duke Of York. All I want is white-color only camo or close to white camo for my Scharnhorst - which happens to be Artic camo. 

I'm on 5th mission in Battle of North Cape, and I don't know if I can get Scharnhorst Artic camo in 3 days or not. Sure the events itself started a while back, but I was busy with my life outside the game. Also, New Year Raid collection doesn't even come with purchasable boxes on premium shop. Why do I have to wait to earn another ship when I already own one of premium ship that is featured in event? 

• Cool 3

[SEALZ]
Members
545 posts
6,482 battles
2 minutes ago, VaygrEmpire said:

You know, I've been playing events - Battle of North Cape and New Year Raid - and I was always wondering. 

I already own Scharnhorst. Why can't I play New Year Raid event with my Scharnhorst already? I don't care about Duke Of York. All I want is white-color only camo or close to white camo for my Scharnhorst - which happens to be Artic camo. 

I'm on 5th mission in Battle of North Cape, and I don't know if I can get Scharnhorst Artic camo in 3 days or not. Sure the events itself started a while back, but I was busy with my life outside the game. Also, New Year Raid collection doesn't even come with purchasable boxes on premium shop. Why do I have to wait to earn another ship when I already own one of premium ship that is featured in event? 

The New Year Missions are very simple and be completed in Coop. Also a tad confused on what you mean by you can’t play your Scharnhorst.

[-KAK-]
Members
111 posts
4,948 battles
Just now, Usedcarjock said:

The New Year Missions are very simple and be completed in Coop. Also a tad confused on what you mean by you can’t play your Scharnhorst.

I think he means, why can't the first mission be completed by both the Scharnhorst and DoY

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
146 posts
1 minute ago, Usedcarjock said:

New Year Raid #1 mission require you to have Duke Of York to start the mission. 

[SEALZ]
Members
545 posts
6,482 battles
3 minutes ago, VaygrEmpire said:

New Year Raid #1 mission require you to have Duke Of York to start the mission. 

Ah gotcha, well from WG standpoint they want to encourage purchase and play for a new premium. Why would anyone buy a DoY when you can use a Scharnhorst which is a better ship IMO.

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,093 posts
6,251 battles

unfair.....hilarious.

My 6 and 7 year old grandsons use that line all the time and my response is....

Life isnt fair, get over it.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[YAN]
Members
1,700 posts
8,085 battles
2 minutes ago, hipcanuck said:

And the least people can do is to try and make it fair.

The 5th stage of the Duke of York campaign took me over 8 consecutive hours to complete. That is not fair for a casual player, especially for a Christmas themed event for what amounts to a nerfed KGV.

• Cool 4

[KERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,221 posts
6,107 battles
20 minutes ago, Cruiser_DesMoines said:

Because you can earn a tier 7 premium?

"Unfair"???

If it were a premium that would not otherwise be sold for the free slot, then you might have a point.  I bought it because i needed it for Scharn skin.  Have not played it since, it's THAT bad.

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,130 posts
6,779 battles
6 minutes ago, thegreenbaron said:

If it were a premium that would not otherwise be sold for the free slot, then you might have a point.  I bought it because i needed it for Scharn skin.  Have not played it since, it's THAT bad.

If you just did the missions it would save you money.. Got DoY today because of the missions and now I can get the other goodies!

It's not that bad :) I quiet enjoy DoY, it's like playing my KGV :)

[KERN]
1,221 posts
6,107 battles
9 minutes ago, Lionel92 said:

If you just did the missions it would save you money.

Unfortunatly that would not happen as I had work and some of them got pretty lengthy using Co-op.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,241 posts
1 hour ago, VaygrEmpire said:

You know, I've been playing events - Battle of North Cape and New Year Raid - and I was always wondering. 

I feel bad for new players. I'm loving the arctic Scharnhorst camo but this was the grindiest and least fun of any of these ship campaigns they've done. I was only able to complete it through brute force and having  a lot of ship choices because my harbor is pretty well stocked. Anyone without ideal ships to choose from is likely [edited]. For example, Kidd and Nelson were good for Drednaught farming. It took hours to get a single DD kill today even in Co-op where my team actually won the match. It's a crapshow out there and I've been playing every day since it came out ...

• Cool 1

[LEGIT]
Members
1,915 posts
26,723 battles

The last stage of the DoY campaign 75K exp points i did twice, 1st time through with the Missouri.  Then  while running the 10 BB kills. and 11 torp hits playing ranked in my Edinbugh.

Then got the 45K also playing ranked using exp signals for every game.

Took me a good 5 or 6 hours playing the 1st day they fixed the XP bug.  Not difficult, but it was time consuming.

[Y0L0]
Members
9,925 posts
14,155 battles

I am glad you guys were around for the first ARP missions or pearl missions.     it was already salty enough back then   lol.           

• Cool 2

[KERN]
1,221 posts
6,107 battles
1 minute ago, centarina said:

I am glad you guys were around for the first ARP missions or pearl missions.     it was already salty enough back then   lol.           

Did both those, pearls was a pain since whole server had to do it

[LEGIT]
Members
1,915 posts
26,723 battles

Those OG Kongo and Myoko missions were really something.  And then at the end they just pretty much gave them away a year ago or whenever that was.

[Y0L0]
Members
9,925 posts
14,155 battles

whut?  you dont like kill 30 dd missions?   i found kill 10 BB mission  to be a cake, so I did it 2x  lol.

[BTH]
Beta Testers
198 posts
4,672 battles

Those duplicate anime girls are still resigned to a sad fate in my reserve with no way to dismiss them

It took me about 3 days, with premium, to complete the New Years Raid after I grinded for the DoY, so good luck.

Beta Testers
146 posts
3 hours ago, Cruiser_DesMoines said:

Because you can earn a tier 7 premium?

"Unfair"???

like I said, I have Scharnhorst already which is, a premium ship, in case you didn't know already, and I don't need DoY. I don't want it. I only want Scharnhorst camo. So yeah. "Unfair" it is. 

Also I mentioned that I'd prefer to buy collection boxes with $$. It looks like some of you guys skipped that part. 

Members
685 posts
6,410 battles

I think it's silly, but the truth is of course this is the best way to milk more money. It sort of an incentive for Scharnhorst users to also get DoY.

Not that I agree, but it is a perfectly obvious money grubbing scheme.

To me, what they should have done is is put the New year raid campaign end reward being the DoY's arctic camo, and the badge collection reward to be the Scharnhorst arctic camo. I think that's still more fair, considering you can then get the Scharn's camo either by going through the 'no-specific-ship-gating' mission of the North cape missions or buying crates to speed it up, and the second event can be gated with the ship whose camo is in fact the end reward.

But as i said, that''ll not be money grubbing enough..:Smile_sceptic:

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
1,975 battles
5 hours ago, hipcanuck said:

What he said.  'Fair' is the real 4-letter F-word.  If you're going to be unhappy about every unfair thing you see...you're going to have a very unhappy life.  

So many here act like it's such a surprise that they want you to spend money.  Get over that, too.   It's your decision, part of your control to do it, or not.  If they persuade you in their decision, well, that's again, your decision, not anyone else's.  You can't go blaming that on them.   They're not forcing you with a gun to your head.

I just get tired of the constant [edited] of "They're forcing me to do this!".  [edited].  It's still your decision to spend the money, buy the ship, or don't buy the ship, or the premium time, or the flags, or the boxes, or whatever. No one else's decision.  Yours.  Get over it and grow a pair, and take some responsibility.   

If you don't want to spend the money, then don't.  Don't apologize to anyone.  It's your right.  Conversely, if you do spend the money, don't apologize to anyone. It's your money to spend.  

Edited by mavfin87
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester
3,483 posts
1,556 battles
6 hours ago, Rocketpacman said:

Because they want you to buy the Duke of York. 

Yep and it worked on quite a few people, myself included.  I realized half way through the Battle of North Cap Missions that there was no way in hell I could complete both the Battle of North Cap and the New Year's Raid missions so went ahead and bought the DoY since I felt it was more than worth it to advance 5 lines to Tier 6 and avoid that grind.  

11 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

What he said.  'Fair' is the real 4-letter F-word.  If you're going to be unhappy about every unfair thing you see...you're going to have a very unhappy life.  

So many here act like it's such a surprise that they want you to spend money.  Get over that, too.   It's your decision, part of your control to do it, or not.  If they persuade you in their decision, well, that's again, your decision, not anyone else's.  You can't go blaming that on them.   They're not forcing you with a gun to your head.

I just get tired of the constant [edited] of "They're forcing me to do this!".  [edited].  It's still your decision to spend the money, buy the ship, or don't buy the ship, or the premium time, or the flags, or the boxes, or whatever. No one else's decision.  Yours.  Get over it and grow a pair, and take some responsibility.   

If you don't want to spend the money, then don't.  Don't apologize to anyone.  It's your right.  Conversely, if you do spend the money, don't apologize to anyone. It's your money to spend.  

Pretty much agree with you.  Just because it is a free to play game doesn't mean it is free.  If no one is spending money, then we don't have a game to play simple as that.   It is really naive to think that there wouldn't be built in incentives to spend money, incentives like two pretty much mutually exclusive missions that make you chose between progressing one mission for free or spending money to progress both missions simultaneously and insuring you get the loot from the second mission as well.    Ultimately it is up to you if you see value in spending money or not.  

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,093 posts
6,251 battles
19 hours ago, Akeno017 said:

And the least people can do is to try and make it fair.

The 5th stage of the Duke of York campaign took me over 8 consecutive hours to complete. That is not fair for a casual player, especially for a Christmas themed event for what amounts to a nerfed KGV.

Its not supposed to be fair. WG is a profit driven company and while they want your money, they also want FtP players to have a 'chance' to get a prem ship. So, you can either pry open your wallet or be prepared to invest a lot of time to get something for no $. Otherwise it wouldnt be 'fair' to those who pay $ for the ship. Im grinding the DoY, should have it tonight to tomorrow night, I wont get much done in the DoY campaign however, but Im not going to complain about it. That campaign was for paying customers and/or people with a ton of time on their hands. Tier 7 premium ship isnt meant for casual FtP players.

[KERN]
1,221 posts
6,107 battles
6 minutes ago, hipcanuck said:

So, you can either pry open your wallet or be prepared to invest a lot of time to get something for no $. Otherwise it wouldnt be 'fair' to those who pay $ for the ship.

IT'S NOT FAIR TO PAY FOR THIS TURD AT ALL.  Hell, it wouldn't be fair to give us the ship free!  It's trash!  Utter and absolute trash, and they knew it!  Why do you think they gave the testers NOTHING LIKE THE FINISHED SHIP!  So they'd put out good word of mouth and reviews, so we'd pursue it, even though it's TRASH.  It's called BAIT AND SWITCH.

And it's pretty much been the theme of this WG holiday: Between DoY and Mauerbrecher, they've put absolutely inflated prices on ships and tanks that would never have cleared the testing phase in any actually balanced game.  And not in a relatively positive 'It's slightly OP' way. In a 'we're going for hte money grab by selling crapsub par vehicles at wildly inflated prices after showing something very different to testers and previewers.

Sign in to follow this