You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
pastore123

Roma

31 comments in this topic

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
884 posts
7,683 battles

I have read and thought about LWM’s write up on the Roma. I can say that I am somewhat disappointed in what I read. Mainly with the gun performance; whether it’s the German dispersion or the over pens that will occur on any light cruiser within 13km. 

With that being said though, I will be purchasing this ship nonetheless since I plan on buying every Italian ship. What I would like to see is WG release this on Monday so that we can see for ourselves if the ship is a “gudbote” or a “mehbote”. Please release Monday @WG

[PVE]
Members
9,564 posts
17,006 battles
15 minutes ago, pastore123 said:

I have read and thought about LWM’s write up on the Roma. I can say that I am somewhat disappointed in what I read. Mainly with the gun performance; whether it’s the German dispersion or the over pens that will occur on any light cruiser within 13km. 

With that being said though, I will be purchasing this ship nonetheless since I plan on buying every Italian ship. What I would like to see is WG release this on Monday so that we can see for ourselves if the ship is a “gudbote” or a “mehbote”. Please release Monday @WG

People take what others say about a ship too seriously. Time and again I have played a ship people (including the famous ones like Flamu, Mouse, Notser, etc...) claim is OP, good, or bad and found for me it is the exact opposite. Different people excel with different ships. I try not to let the hype, or hyperbole as the case may be, influence me. It's like if you want to know the weather just look out the window for an accurate report. Don't watch the news as the Weather Guy will probably be wrong LOL.

I have seen enough video game play/reviews of Roma to let me know it probably would fit my playstyle so I will most likely get it someday. If it turns out to be a turd oh well. If it turns out to be great that is awesome. Only way I will know is to buy it and play it. Mouse can't tell me that nor can anyone else. It's nuts the way so many WOWS players (not singling you out OP or even really talking about you right now - please don't take offense) place so much faith in what others say like they are gods.

Mouse is a good player and works hard on her reviews but what she says means squat to me when deciding about a ship. Same goes for Flamu, Notser, iChase, etc... I will consider what they say but it weighs very little on my decision. If I listened to people like that I wouldn't have got Hood and I LOVE the ship. What works or doesn't for them may not apply to me (or you OP).

Clearly you are an Italian Navy fan here and are excited about Roma. Don't let Mouse's bad review (and it was bad I don't care what rating she gave it)  change your mind or fill you with woe. Get the ship, play it, and form your own opinion on it just like I will do with Roma (and Musashi).

Good luck and fair seas. :Smile_honoring:

Note - I am not bashing Mouse or trying to start anything. Just responding to the OP's comments.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
884 posts
7,683 battles

This is why Monday would be a good release date... the sooner the better so I can see for myself.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,564 posts
17,006 battles
1 minute ago, pastore123 said:

This is why Monday would be a good release date... the sooner the better so I can see for myself.

Have you seen the Notser video that just came out where he is ticked because WG keeps messing with the release date of Premium ships due out soon? He wouldn't name ships but I have a feeling Roma is one of the ones that he is referring to that keeps getting pushed back.

For me I will be glad if they hang off a while on Roma. Man I spent a butt load on Santa crates and need to give my wallet a break. LOL

[PVE]
Members
9,564 posts
17,006 battles
3 minutes ago, pastore123 said:

Bahahahahaha I only dropped around 40 bucks 

Not going to tell you how many X's that $40 I spent. Nope not going to do it... :Smile_sceptic:

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
884 posts
7,683 battles
6 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Not going to tell you how many X's that $40 I spent. Nope not going to do it... :Smile_sceptic:

Hopefully you got some good rare ships from it though!

[PVE]
Members
9,564 posts
17,006 battles
3 minutes ago, pastore123 said:

Hopefully you got some good rare ships from it though!

Well, let's see here...:Smile_glasses:

I already had Tirpitz, Hood, and HSF Graf Spee before buying any Santa boxes. I ended up with...

• Kidd
  • Atlanta
  • Blyskawica
  • Indianapolis
  • Sims
  • Scharnhorst
  • Leningrad 
  • Warspite
  • Anshan
  • Molotov
  • Arizona
  • Dunkerque
  • Perth
  • De Grasse
  • Duca d’Aosta
  • Mutsu
  • Gallant 
  • Admiral Graf Spee (IMO this should count as a duplicate if you have the HSF version as I did but whatever LOL)
  • Huanghe
  • Giulio Cesare
  • Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya
  • Okhotnik
  • Prinz Eugen
  • Lo Yang
  • Atago

I also pulled some rare ships no longer offered as well...

• Imperator Nikolai I
  • Mikhail Kutuzov
  • Belfast
  • Kamikaze
  • Gremyashchy

I also got a butt load of duplicate ships (1 Graf Spee and many multiples of Gallant, Leningrad, Okhotnik)

[AARG]
Beta Testers
1,170 posts
Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

I already had Tirpitz, Hood, and HSF Graf Spee before buying any Santa boxes. I ended up with...

• Kidd
  • Atlanta
  • Blyskawica
  • Indianapolis
  • Sims
  • Scharnhorst
  • Leningrad 
  • Warspite
  • Anshan
  • Molotov
  • Arizona
  • Dunkerque
  • Perth
  • De Grasse
  • Duca d’Aosta
  • Mutsu
  • Gallant 
  • Admiral Graf Spee (IMO this should count as a duplicate if you have the HSF version as I did but whatever LOL)
  • Huanghe
  • Giulio Cesare
  • Okhotnik
  • Prinz Eugen
  • Lo Yang
  • Atago

• Imperator Nikolai I
  • Mikhail Kutuzov
  • Belfast
  • Kamikaze
  • Gremyashchy

I also got a butt load of duplicate ships (1 Graf Spee and many multiples of Gallant, Leningrad, Okhotnik)

3$ or 5$ crates?

[PVE]
Members
9,564 posts
17,006 battles
4 minutes ago, Adm_Nate_Ellis937 said:

3$ or 5$ crates?

Actually got ships from all crates $1, $3, $5. I far and away bought more $1 20 packs than anything but the 20 packs of $3 boxes dropped the best ship loads. Got a 7 ship and 2 5 ships from them. Got one 6 ship from a 20 pack of $5 boxes but by then I had them all so they were ALL Gallants which stunk. Lots of 2-4 ships 20 packs too. I even pulled a ship from a 5 pack of $1 crates someone sent me. Best ship drop rates consistently were the 20 packs of $3 boxes for me. If I remember right Belfast and Nikolai came out of $1 boxes for me.

Also did well in the crates on Premium time this year too. Have 953 days right now and I was around 200 when they started LOL. Got a 180 out of $5, a few 90 out of $3, and a lot of 30 out of $1.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[AARG]
Beta Testers
1,170 posts
34 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Actually got ships from all crates $1, $3, $5. I far and away bought more $1 20 packs than anything but the 20 packs of $3 boxes dropped the best ship loads. Got a 7 ship and 2 5 ships from them. Got one 6 ship from a 20 pack of $5 boxes but by then I had them all so they were ALL Gallants which stunk. Lots of 2-4 ships 20 packs too. I even pulled a ship from a 5 pack of $1 crates someone sent me. Best ship drop rates consistently were the 20 packs of $3 boxes for me. If I remember right Belfast and Nikolai came out of $1 boxes for me.

Also did well in the crates on Premium time this year too. Have 953 days right now and I was around 200 when they started LOL. Got a 180 out of $5, a few 90 out of $3, and a lot of 30 out of $1.

Moneybags...send me some lol

[PVE]
Members
16,228 posts
10,762 battles
40 minutes ago, Adm_Nate_Ellis937 said:

Moneybags...send me some lol

7 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Not even close!!! Especially now LOL.

AdmiralThunder got a LOT of oil for the clan. Glad we were able to convince you to join. I hope all of the bonus buildings are helping you out. He got us 1/3 to 1/2 the way to our first expansion.

[PVE]
Members
9,564 posts
17,006 battles
32 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

AdmiralThunder got a LOT of oil for the clan. Glad we were able to convince you to join. I hope all of the bonus buildings are helping you out. He got us 1/3 to 1/2 the way to our first expansion.

Name the building after me LOL

[PVE]
Members
16,228 posts
10,762 battles
56 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Name the building after me LOL

I would if I could. You brought in a LOT of oil. :)

[PVE]
Members
9,564 posts
17,006 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I would if I could. You brought in a LOT of oil. :)

I know and it feels like I was buying the real stuff looking at my bank account LOL

[FML]
Members
2,985 posts
12,982 battles
3 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

• Kidd
  • Atlanta
  • Blyskawica
  • Indianapolis
  • Sims
  • Scharnhorst
  • Leningrad 
  • Warspite
  • Anshan
  • Molotov
  • Arizona
  • Dunkerque
  • Perth
  • De Grasse
  • Duca d’Aosta
  • Mutsu
  • Gallant 
  • Huanghe
  • Giulio Cesare
  • Okhotnik
  • Prinz Eugen
  • Lo Yang
  • Atago

• Imperator Nikolai I
  • Mikhail Kutuzov
  • Belfast
  • Kamikaze
  • Gremyashchy

Holy crap man. You alone will keep the servers lit for months. 

Thanks for supporting the game way more than me, so I can keep playing!

[PVE]
Members
16,228 posts
10,762 battles
11 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Yeah, I have helped some to keep the lights on, but not as much AdmiralThunder. :)

[PVE]
Members
9,564 posts
17,006 battles
18 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

6 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Yeah, I have helped some to keep the lights on, but not as much AdmiralThunder. :)

yeah but my lights may go out now LOL

• Funny 2

[TBW]
Members
8,145 posts
14,884 battles

I spent $13. whatever it was and got gremy and nick then went and got a bunch on the EU server.

[TBW]
Members
8,145 posts
14,884 battles
8 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

yeah but my lights may go out now LOL

15 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

The disease is called Premieitus The only cure is the next premium, but it recurs.

[PVE]
Members
16,228 posts
10,762 battles
4 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

The disease is called Premieitus The only cure is the next premium, but it recurs.

:Smile_teethhappy:

Alpha Tester
3,483 posts
1,556 battles
6 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

People take what others say about a ship too seriously. Time and again I have played a ship people (including the famous ones like Flamu, Mouse, Notser, etc...) claim is OP, good, or bad and found for me it is the exact opposite. Different people excel with different ships. I try not to let the hype, or hyperbole as the case may be, influence me. It's like if you want to know the weather just look out the window for an accurate report. Don't watch the news as the Weather Guy will probably be wrong LOL.

I have seen enough video game play/reviews of Roma to let me know it probably would fit my playstyle so I will most likely get it someday. If it turns out to be a turd oh well. If it turns out to be great that is awesome. Only way I will know is to buy it and play it. Mouse can't tell me that nor can anyone else. It's nuts the way so many WOWS players (not singling you out OP or even really talking about you right now - please don't take offense) place so much faith in what others say like they are gods.

Mouse is a good player and works hard on her reviews but what she says means squat to me when deciding about a ship. Same goes for Flamu, Notser, iChase, etc... I will consider what they say but it weighs very little on my decision. If I listened to people like that I wouldn't have got Hood and I LOVE the ship. What works or doesn't for them may not apply to me (or you OP).

Clearly you are an Italian Navy fan here and are excited about Roma. Don't let Mouse's bad review (and it was bad I don't care what rating she gave it)  change your mind or fill you with woe. Get the ship, play it, and form your own opinion on it just like I will do with Roma (and Musashi).

Good luck and fair seas. :Smile_honoring:

Note - I am not bashing Mouse or trying to start anything. Just responding to the OP's comments.

Good way to put it honestly.  I have disregarded a number of bad reviews and be all the happier for it.  However this is going to be a $54 ship so if it sucks, it is going to hurt.

I also agree that LWM's review of the ship really didn't pain the Roma in a favorable light no matter what her final rating was.  In fact it changed my mind about the Roma.  I was all Gung Ho for it, now, not so much and will probably not pick it up on release day like I had planned.  Going to have to see some Youtube Videos and reviews before I decide.   I wish they let us test these ships out to be honest, like we used to be able to do  with new premium tanks on the PTS back in my WoT days.  

My concern with the Roma is her raised Citadel.  When Mouse said that people who played the old Iowa and Missouri back before they had their citadel lower would feel right at home with the Roma, I cringed because playing the Missouri with that raised citadel when I first got it was one of  the worse experiences I have had.  On the other hand, most of the previews say she has great armor so no clue what to believe.  

Alpha Tester
3,483 posts
1,556 battles
5 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

• Kidd
  • Atlanta
  • Blyskawica
  • Indianapolis
  • Sims
  • Scharnhorst
  • Leningrad 
  • Warspite
  • Anshan
  • Molotov
  • Arizona
  • Dunkerque
  • Perth
  • De Grasse
  • Duca d’Aosta
  • Mutsu
  • Gallant 
  • Huanghe
  • Giulio Cesare
  • Okhotnik
  • Prinz Eugen
  • Lo Yang
  • Atago

• Imperator Nikolai I
  • Mikhail Kutuzov
  • Belfast
  • Kamikaze
  • Gremyashchy

Yeah this is exactly how I have acquired most of my premiums.  I generally buy only one or two at release through the course of the year but then come Santa Gift time I spend a couple hundred dollars give or take and get all the ships I was missing.  Got 11 premiums this year for roughly about $18 a ship and most of what I got had a retail cost of $30-$54 a ship so overall got them at less than half price. Further, I managed enough gold to finance  XP conversion for the Musashi and the Nelson so make that 13 premiums for around $240 total spent.  Of course this doesn't count the value of the camos and flags either.