Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NeutralState

"Since you blame CV, Enjoy the loss"

78 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

723
[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
8,033 battles

Asked Cv to spot, cv responded with title.

I really wish someone invents fist over TCP/IP so I can punch that kind of CVs.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
79
[CLOVR]
Members
187 posts
667 battles

Perhaps if CV drivers weren't treated so badly, they'd be prone to help out when asked. Just a thought.

 

(I know, it's heresy.)

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
117
[TAFY3]
Beta Testers
450 posts
8,950 battles

Every ship wants air support.  CV have a limited number of fighter squadrons.  They can't cover every ship.  Plus they have to protect their own bomber squadrons.  If players want AA support they should buddy up with an AA cruiser.

  • Cool 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
132
[MKF]
Members
465 posts
18,149 battles
16 minutes ago, SluggerJackson said:

Every ship wants air support.  CV have a limited number of fighter squadrons.  They can't cover every ship.  Plus they have to protect their own bomber squadrons.  If players want AA support they should buddy up with an AA cruiser.

True except he said he asked the cv to spot...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
399
[VFW]
Members
1,246 posts
24,684 battles

As a CV player, I'll try to spot but as was stated...sometimes there is too much map, too many enemy, and too many request.

 

vr

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
76 posts
5,678 battles

I had a match yesterday where a DD had gotten behind us and was headed toward our CV. I notified our CV of the issue and told him that if he could send over a plane to spot the DD I would do my best to kill it. Our CV replied "No I need my fighters to escort my bombers".  Two minutes later the DD sinks our CV and our CV goes into a rant about how much we all suck yadda yadda...for the next 5 minutes. /facepalm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24
[IFAM]
Members
151 posts
922 battles

As a CV player we get a lot of toxic comments all the time. Sometimes a single innocent comment will push them over the edge. 

Honestly, the abuse CV players get being good or not / trying their best, players just crapon them so yeah, i'm not surprised i'm seeing someone slinging crapback.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,401
[SALVO]
Members
22,114 posts
22,533 battles
59 minutes ago, SluggerJackson said:

Every ship wants air support.  CV have a limited number of fighter squadrons.  They can't cover every ship.  Plus they have to protect their own bomber squadrons.  If players want AA support they should buddy up with an AA cruiser.

While this is a laudable sentiment, the fact is that if a BB is putting himself in harm's way fighting enemy ships, you're asking the AA cruiser to do the same.  And often since the BB is moving at least somewhat closer to the enemy, you are asking that AA cruiser to make himself a lot easier target, which is usually a VERY unwise thing for a cruiser to do.  Actually, one of the better things you can do is to blob up a number of BBs, particularly some that have good AA, because even without defensive fire, if you get a group of decent to really good AA BB's in close proximity, they can create one heck of a nasty AA bubble.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
157
[VVV]
Members
391 posts
2,400 battles
6 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Actually, one of the better things you can do is to blob up a number of BBs, particularly some that have good AA, because even without defensive fire, if you get a group of decent to really good AA BB's in close proximity, they can create one heck of a nasty AA bubble.

Oooooh, yeah. This is good. I was playing my Bogue, a Texas and a Orion stayed close together, and I knew that Orion (Which is normally an easy target) was untouchable without devastating losses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25
[-S-R-]
Members
122 posts
6,781 battles

With the amount of abuse CV players get I'm always pleasantly surprised when they aren't hostile to requests. Everyone hates cvs until they need help; then they blame the cv player for not doing everything for them and who cares about the rest of the map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,555
[HEROS]
Members
1,831 posts
6,013 battles
52 minutes ago, TexJapan said:

As a CV player, I'll try to spot but as was stated...sometimes there is too much map, too many enemy, and too many request.

 

vr

hiya tex.

green DD, solo: CV spot C?? hurry. thanks!!

CV: no planes, sorry.

green DD: I see your planes all over need spotting now. 

green DD: I asked for spotting over 30 seconds ago, and now i'm sunk, wasn't even able to cap. their CV had no problem spotting, torping and bombing me.

green DD: stupid CV, stupid team, no support, enjoy the loss.

this was a solo DD at C, our team was at A, supported by the CV at A, we won, but he flooded battle chat the rest of the battle.

(ed. note: this is up there with battle chat the first time I used torpedo reload booster instead of smoke... him: smoke. smoke. smoke. SMOKE SMOKE SMOKE SMOKE SMOKE. me: no smoke. him: SMOKE NOW, YUGUMO. SMOKE SMOKE SMOKE me: no smoke, repeat this whole thing 2 or 3 times,  ... then it got salty. after he was sunk, it got REALLY salty.)

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,401
[SALVO]
Members
22,114 posts
22,533 battles
3 minutes ago, AtlanticRim said:

Oooooh, yeah. This is good. I was playing my Bogue, a Texas and a Orion stayed close together, and I knew that Orion (Which is normally an easy target) was untouchable without devastating losses.

The thing is that it's a lot easier to get 2-3 BBs to stick together (as long as they have reasonably comparable speeds) than it is to get and keep an AA cruiser in close proximity.  And you probably don't have to worry as much about another BB bailing on you.  At least not as much as a cruiser bailing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,401
[SALVO]
Members
22,114 posts
22,533 battles
2 minutes ago, not_acceptable said:

hiya tex.

green DD, solo: CV spot C?? hurry. thanks!!

CV: no planes, sorry.

green DD: I see your planes all over need spotting now. 

green DD: I asked for spotting over 30 seconds ago, and now i'm sunk, wasn't even able to cap. their CV had no problem spotting, torping and bombing me.

green DD: stupid CV, stupid team, no support, enjoy the loss.

this was a solo DD at C, our team was at A, supported by the CV at A, we won, but he flooded battle chat the rest of the battle.

(ed. note: this is up there with battle chat the first time I used torpedo reload booster instead of smoke... him: smoke. smoke. smoke. SMOKE SMOKE SMOKE SMOKE SMOKE. me: no smoke. him: SMOKE NOW, YUGUMO. SMOKE SMOKE SMOKE me: no smoke, repeat this whole thing 2 or 3 times,  ... then it got salty. after he was sunk, it got REALLY salty.)

Not to be picky, but maybe you should have been clearer.  And rather than just saying "no smoke", say "I don't have smoke on this DD".  "no smoke" could mean that it's on cooldown, for example.  Sometimes being too terse fails to get the message across with sufficient clarity.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
427
[HUNGS]
Members
1,713 posts
3,603 battles

The rare time I play CV, I will not send my fighters to help you because that will leave my bombers open to their fighters. Once I have dealt with their fighters then I will help defend you. I don't blame CVs for doing the same, instead I invest into my own AA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
157
[VVV]
Members
391 posts
2,400 battles
1 hour ago, TexJapan said:

sometimes there is too much map, too many enemy, and too many request.

Whenever I see "Well you are stupid CV b/c you wouldn't do this for me" (Either in chat or in forums) I always think of this.

"You should have stopped those bombers!" -> all squads are currently engaged trying to not allow the enemy fighters slaughter my planes

"Why didn't you bomb [Insert ship here]" -> bombers trying to avoid being trashed by fighters and monsterous AA

"Why don't you have fighters up, stupid CV" -> They have been for the past ten minutes, they just had to resupply!

I really wish the hate against CVs would stop. You wouldn't yell at a battleship for not turning 180 degrees and taking a torpedo spread for you, why would you ask a CV to do something of equally dangerous things.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,555
[HEROS]
Members
1,831 posts
6,013 battles
10 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Not to be picky, but maybe you should have been clearer.  And rather than just saying "no smoke", say "I don't have smoke on this DD".  "no smoke" could mean that it's on cooldown, for example.  Sometimes being too terse fails to get the message across with sufficient clarity.

 

hi cruces.

was trying the TRB as it was suggested as a way to get sunk a lot for using smoke as a crutch, and learn how to play the IJN line better. was warned most players would not understand if refused to pop smoke if they requested.

as I headed to A, I typed "no smoke, torp reload booster." this was in a beta test random battle, I figured the players would be above average (now, that's funny). nobody responded. I was pretty busy in the cap, and was not able to take the time to post a reply like this one.

I also started the battle with my usual 'hi team' but nobody responded to that either. but I won't stop efforts to be friendly.

Edited by not_acceptable
  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,217
[RKLES]
Members
9,982 posts
11,740 battles

Yeah being a CV is often a thankless job, but then on the other hand some teams are very grateful to you for a job well done as a CV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,488
[YORHA]
Members
4,325 posts
7,805 battles
2 hours ago, TexJapan said:

As a CV player, I'll try to spot but as was stated...sometimes there is too much map, too many enemy, and too many request.

 

vr

 

Maybe I can help...

 

wIwSYXU.jpg

 

This is not uncommon, even in higher tiers.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
379
[POP]
Members
981 posts
11,957 battles
10 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

 

Maybe I can help...

 

wIwSYXU.jpg

 

This is not uncommon, even in higher tiers.

i'm not even a CV player and this feels like i've been slapped.  (don't spot here!)

Someone mentioned CV players having a thankless job, and its true.

I've had games where i've thanked and complimented our CV player, yet others on my team are begging everyone to report him.

 

Edited by Gerbertz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
373
[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,241 posts

I've gotten the salt karma bombs and thanks/karma up votes as a DD ... and the occasional rant in chat about being a coward and torping from smoke be a man come toe to toe the BB etc ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,050
[Y0L0]
Members
9,925 posts
14,155 battles

sounds like abused spouse syndrome  .     main issue is that many don't want to play in CV  included match for various reasons, and the fact that you are forcing them causes lot of salt no matter the outcome.    beyond that,    for other player,    existence of CV means 2/3 chance that it will make their experience worse.  

 

1) both potato cv.    no one complains,  best outcome for  rest of team. no more salt than usual from the team. 

2)  one potato CV,  one  unicum CV:    one team is totally trolled and winning team gets less  xp/dmg   .  75%  unhappy 

3)  both unicum CV .   both CV will farm the other team as a race to finish to see which is better farmer.   most of both team ends up being unhappy being farmed.

 

So,  until they balance the CV to be equal to any other ships, expect continued disgust at CV play. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
373
[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,241 posts

I just wished I enjoyed playing them. The micro management is way too much, which you HAVE to do above T5 or get [edited], and the UI being buggy still (better but still buggy) are the biggest deterrents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,217
[RKLES]
Members
9,982 posts
11,740 battles
16 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

I've gotten the salt karma bombs and thanks/karma up votes as a DD ... and the occasional rant in chat about being a coward and torping from smoke be a man come toe to toe the BB etc ...

To be honest though I think any ship Class can get blamed if they appear to have "not done enough" and you have done mouthy kids that speak first and don't bother checking status of the battle at all when they are either far out of the fight, yoloing, or at the bottom of the ocean.

You can be a BB that has tanked for the team and supported your team on front lines, gotten high caliber award, and are pulling back to regenerate your HP and some how some on your team think you are a coward and have done nothing and they have very likely not noticed your HP level or your kills...

CAs can be blamed even if they have done well because they decided not to engage 4 BBs alone on a flank, but instead stay undetected while back up arrives or until you get out of open water into better position to continue fighting the enemy.

And of Course DDs  are expected to be everywhere at once lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41
[IHW]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
243 posts

I'm finding that with my midway it seems everyone under the sun seems to expect me to have 0 second reload time and the ability to fly my fighters over at one side of the map and then bam 2 seconds later on the other side of the map. I'm sorry but that's not how CV's work lol

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×