You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SomemuttupNorth

Ballistic Missile Inbound to Hawaii (According to Iphone)

19 comments in this topic

[UFEF]
Members
284 posts
5,140 battles

During a group roleplay, one of our members, who lives in Hawaii, received a message alerting them to... 

well, here's what the message was:
DTcMgDmVwAEUjRO.jpg

From what I can find, only Iphone users are getting this message. 

UPDATE: This has been confirmed to be a false alarm. No official press releases as of yet, mostly twitter messages. Please feel free to update with any news of your own. 

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,796 posts
4,616 battles

Well then...:cap_hmm:

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,953 posts

Maybe they'll finally have room to build some housing for all the homeless now. :cap_yes:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,807 posts
12,193 battles
8 minutes ago, ArchMadman said:

They don't do the get under a desk thing anymore do they?

Ducking under a desk would provide protection from flying debris but if you are close enough to a nuclear blast to worry about debris you have other problems.

[CLOVR]
Members
187 posts
667 battles
3 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Ducking under a desk would provide protection from flying debris but if you are close enough to a nuclear blast to worry about debris you have other problems.

Such as being eradicated by the firestorm.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,807 posts
12,193 battles
1 minute ago, xDiaboliquex said:

Such as being eradicated by the firestorm.

Actually it is the radiation. If you are in the firestorm zone it is over no matter how much cover you have that isn't SAGE level.

[CLOVR]
Members
187 posts
667 battles
3 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Actually it is the radiation. If you are in the firestorm zone it is over no matter how much cover you have that isn't SAGE level.

If you're in a debris area. then you're also in or extraordinarily close to the firestorm.

However, let us hope it never happens again. Once was bad enough, twice was far too much. I'm more worried about it today than I was 40 years ago.

Members
863 posts
44 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

You mean all of the under-the-desk drills at school when I was growing up next to a SAC base were for nothing ?!?!?

[REVY]
Members
6,167 posts
5,164 battles
3 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

At the very least, Hawaii is made up of many islands, most with gigantic volcanoes to deflect the blast, and the strong tradewinds to blow away any radiation.

According to this nukemap test, a North Korean Hydrogen Warhead going off in Pearl Harbor would produce fatalities close to the original Pearl Harbor attack from WWII.  A tragedy to be sure, but I'd rather be living in Hawaii when the nukes start flying then where I do right now.

yu9ylO1.jpg

Edited by Sventex

[90THD]
Alpha Tester, Members, Beta Testers
3,564 posts
14,665 battles

North Korea's missle fell short again :Smile_trollface:

[WOLF9]
Privateers
10,733 posts
4,371 battles
2 hours ago, Sventex said:

I'd rather be living in Hawaii when the nukes start flying then where I do right now.

Colorado Springs?

;)